Vampire Weekend

anti.

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
been listening to their album for a few weeks now since it got leaked on the net. pretty good listen i reckon. their cd along with lightspeed champion's falling of the lavender bridge are the 2 best releases so far in 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Really only just started listening to them and I really like their sound.

I'd almost put the two albums as good as each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

danielcan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS, FC Bayern Munich
I'm wondering about the slight Indian/Bollywood influence in Contra. Or am I imagining it?

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone going to the Melbourne next Monday? I'm coming back to Victoria early especially for it, and I don't think I've been this excited about seeing a band for a while. They seem at that really exciting point where, like Arctic Monkeys, they've hit this really high point but that they've got a few more notches to go.

It's like Radiohead during OK Computer. They've made something sublime but you can't help but feel excited by what they're going to do next.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Not going to their show but saw their set at Falls.

Wallcott essentially blew my mind, what a way to ring in the new year.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nup, got into them in 2012, have you?
Always a fair weather until MVOTC came out. Now firmly, probably, my favourite band who are actively touring and doing things. So it'll be my first time but I'll have some conniptions during Hannah Hunt and Boston.

class78

All Australian
Jun 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Always a fair weather until MVOTC came out. Now firmly, probably, my favourite band who are actively touring and doing things. So it'll be my first time but I'll have some conniptions during Hannah Hunt and Boston.

Are you sure they'll play Boston? I can only imagine them playing about 30 seconds of it at the end of a Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa or something.

Top Bottom