Toast Van Diemen Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hobart Tigers, Hurricanes,
Great to see the formation of this, unfortunately I only got one email and missed the launch. Thought this might be a good place for Tassie members to chat. I haven't signed up yet (will do soon). How was the launch? I saw it got a bit of media which was good.

This is what he's talking about in case anyone else is scratching their head. ;)

Essendon Football Club is proud to announce an official alignment with the Van Diemen Dons.

The Tasmanian based group’s inaugural President will be former state Premier Lara Giddings, who was in office between January 2011 and March 2014.

Ms Giddings said the Van Diemen Dons would aim to further raise the profile of the Club throughout the state.

“Essendon has been a pioneer in taking its brand beyond its immediate municipality,” Ms Giddings said.

“The Club enjoys tremendous support right across the country and particularly here in Tasmania.

“There are obviously logistical difficulties with being an interstate supporter, but in today’s world you should feel no less engaged.

“By providing a place for all Tasmanian based Bombers fans to come together we hope to build networks, camaraderie and showcase our support for the Club.”

The Van Diemen Dons will hold regular events throughout the year, including game day functions.

There will also be the opportunity to attend marquee Essendon events including the Season Launch and Crichton Medal.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-07-22/van-diemen-dons

Wouldn't be against the idea of playing North down there

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Great to see the formation of this, unfortunately I only got one email and missed the launch. Thought this might be a good place for Tassie members to chat. I haven't signed up yet (will do soon). How was the launch? I saw it got a bit of media which was good.

The launch wasn't very well advertised, only heard about it afterwards, looked like a wank fest for some of Hobarts "B grade celebrities, Lara Giddings, John X, Marti Zucco etc.

The launch wasn't very well advertised, only heard about it afterwards, looked like a wank fest for some of Hobarts "B grade celebrities, Lara Giddings, John X, Marti Zucco etc.
That sounds like just my sort of thing. I'll travel down for one of them (as long as it doesn't clash with a lawdons function)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone remember the time we played Fitzroy at North Hobart Oval?

I recall it as a roster game but it says in an article about the supporter group it was a pre-season game.

I can remember we played Carlton at North Hobart in a practice match, was either 93 or 94, I remember going on the ground afterwards and getting Gary O'Donnell and Bradley Plain's autographs.

Does anyone remember the time we played Fitzroy at North Hobart Oval?

I recall it as a roster game but it says in an article about the supporter group it was a pre-season game.

The Fitzroy game definitely was a roster game, 1992, we won by 3 points.

Hobart have "celebrities" :O ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Can I say, I was in your fine capital over the weekend and I love it down there more than ever.

My second favourite city in Aus behind Melbourne, of course.

Glad you enjoy it down here mate.
I tell you what, the feedback you get about Hobart now, is different to what it was 10 years ago.
I could never move out of Hobart for longer than a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back