Van Exel wants out of Denver

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

Nick Van Exel has decided that he no longer wants to play for the Nuggets anymore because he is "sick of losing".

SO that begs the question, which teams should go after him?

Problem is that all the winning sides have at least one quality shooter in the backcourt, which leaves a lot of strugglers.

Personally i 'd have the list as

Atlanta
would desperately love Nick in the backcourt but i think they'd struggle to keep both Nick and Jason Terry happy.

Clippers
I think this is the main contender, they lack the scoring guard yet still have the promise that might entice Nick.
I guess the Denver would look at players like Lamar Odom (personal problems might put them off) and Darius Miles

Chicago
Now this is a team that could do with Nick, problem would be getting a deal done.
Nuggets would probably need a package that would include Mercer and Fizer etc.

Portland
Portland could emerge as a genuine contender for Nick's services.
Damon Stoudamire hasn't really fitted in so i doubt if they would hesitate to give him up along with maybe Ruben Patterson for Nick Van Exel.

Golden State
Like Chicago would love Nick but would struggle to get an attractive package together.
Denver would probably want A Jamison and someone like Larry Hughes

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Nick Van Exel has decided that he no longer wants to play for the Nuggets anymore because he is "sick of losing".

SO that begs the question, which teams should go after him?

Problem is that all the winning sides have at least one quality shooter in the backcourt, which leaves a lot of strugglers.

Personally i 'd have the list as

Atlanta
would desperately love Nick in the backcourt but i think they'd struggle to keep both Nick and Jason Terry happy.

Clippers
I think this is the main contender, they lack the scoring guard yet still have the promise that might entice Nick.
I guess the Denver would look at players like Lamar Odom (personal problems might put them off) and Darius Miles

Chicago
Now this is a team that could do with Nick, problem would be getting a deal done.
Nuggets would probably need a package that would include Mercer and Fizer etc.

Portland
Portland could emerge as a genuine contender for Nick's services.
Damon Stoudamire hasn't really fitted in so i doubt if they would hesitate to give him up along with maybe Ruben Patterson for Nick Van Exel.

Golden State
Like Chicago would love Nick but would struggle to get an attractive package together.
Denver would probably want A Jamison and someone like Larry Hughes

Any thoughts?

hmmm.. sick of losing eh...
then, some of the decent 'winning' (or should be winning) teams:

Utah... with the retirement of stockton imminent, they'd like a capable scorer... esp if malone goes..

Miami.. team isnt that bad really, but the PG position is very bad... anthony carter is a good backup..

Clipps agree with u there.... could be a perfect solution.. trade the troublesome odom for nick... darius miles moves into the starting lineup.. wow... not bad at all..

there could a possible trade with the bucks.. two very similar players, big/capable scorers, streaky outside shooters..

sam cassell is another unhappy PG.. pissed off with his 'paltry' contract, and one who only cares about being the MAN.. could be perfect for denver.. he could easily replace nick, as a high scoring PG (like in his NJ days).. likewise nick could easily slot into the buck's backcourt and be happy with a winning record..

Re: Re: Van Exel wants out of Denver

Originally posted by coxon

Miami.. team isnt that bad really, but the PG position is very bad... anthony carter is a good backup..

[

The reason i left out Miami was i thought there might be a bit of a backcourt drain with both Eddie Jones and Nick there.

They'd be fighting for shots although Eddie does seem to be quite an unselfish player.

Re: Re: Re: Van Exel wants out of Denver

The reason i left out Miami was i thought there might be a bit of a backcourt drain with both Eddie Jones and Nick there.

They'd be fighting for shots although Eddie does seem to be quite an unselfish player.

yeah, eddie is a bit unselfish..
would like to see him score alot more in miami...
he has too many disappearing acts these days..

eddie & nick were the lakers backcourt a few seasons ago..
if they were gonna go for nick, they'd have to give up eddie..
b.grant is too important ~ (great hair)

Utah would be a perfect fit for Van Exel but who do Utah have to offer, Marshall and who?? Stockton and Malone wont be involved. Dont know why he's so annoyed with losing, what does he expect with McDyess on the sidelines. When Antonio gets back i think they could be a .500 club and make the playoffs. But McDyess is too far away, rumored to be back around February!

Originally posted by jod23
Utah would be a perfect fit for Van Exel but who do Utah have to offer, Marshall and who?? Stockton and Malone wont be involved. Dont know why he's so annoyed with losing, what does he expect with McDyess on the sidelines. When Antonio gets back i think they could be a .500 club and make the playoffs. But McDyess is too far away, rumored to be back around February!

He is pretty unhappy with the front office, he thinks they have showed a lack of endeavour by trading away players like Danny Fortson, Bobby Jackson, Ron Mercer, Kevin Willis, Keon Clark, Braynt Stith and Popeye Jones.

He is pretty unhappy with the front office, he thinks they have showed a lack of endeavour by trading away players like Danny Fortson, Bobby Jackson, Ron Mercer, Kevin Willis, Keon Clark, Braynt Stith and Popeye Jones.

Well he's right, Denver arent the brightest when it comes to trades. Will be interesting to see what happens to him before the trade deadline. Not sure how long is left on his contract but if it is up at the end of the year then he will walk and Dever will get nothing out of it. So best trade him now and get what you can.

Originally posted by jod23

Well he's right, Denver arent the brightest when it comes to trades. Will be interesting to see what happens to him before the trade deadline. Not sure how long is left on his contract but if it is up at the end of the year then he will walk and Dever will get nothing out of it. So best trade him now and get what you can.

He's got 2 more after this one i think, h signed a $77M US 7 year deal when he joined the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back