Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Oh dear zizou.

It’s simple my stupid little scouse pal.
On one hand acknowledge being in an offside position is no offence (correct), on the other hand quash that same notion because Kane played at a ball after Lovren had played him onside in a new phase.

So young man, maybe you should learn rules

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/...aws-of-the-game/2018-19/law-11---offside.ashx

gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
• rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent
• been deliberately saved by any opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.
contradicts himself.
Accuses someone of needing to learn the rules. Gets it wrong.
As hominem drive by for good measure.

Lovren did not deliberately play the ball to Kane like you claim. That situation would be Lovren controlling the ball, passing it to another defender and Kane intercepting it. See more below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...stants-par-anfield-spurs-did-not-deserve/amp/

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Lovren did not deliberately play the ball to Kane like you claim. That situation would be Lovren controlling the ball, passing it to another defender and Kane intercepting it. See more below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...stants-par-anfield-spurs-did-not-deserve/amp/
He absolutely deliberately played the ball, he just made a mess of it. He clearly intended to clear it, slipped/almost missed it and it went straight to Kane who was then rightfully onside.

In regard to Schalke decision VAR didn't even consider offside. The penalty was cleared in about 5 seconds, if they did check offside they would have had to have looked at if they were in an offside position, when they were active and when the foul was made.

It would have taken over a minute I reckon, but it took 5 seconds.

Just UEFA trying to justify a bad decision.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dubious call this morning for Ajax to score with the ball appearing out. It appears as if VAR cannot intervene in this scenario though - only goals, offside, mistaken identity and red card incidents.

Spurs goal from Rose throw in vs Burnley also unable to be reviewed on VAR due to it being an incorrect restart of play which VAR can not intervene in.

Dubious call this morning for Ajax to score with the ball appearing out. It appears as if VAR cannot intervene in this scenario though - only goals, offside, mistaken identity and red card incidents.

Spurs goal from Rose throw in vs Burnley also unable to be reviewed on VAR due to it being an incorrect restart of play which VAR can not intervene in.

VAR reviewed it and it wasn't out. Great use, just needs to be refined so it doesn't take too long.

Yes it was. I watched the game, and there was an angle that was shown that it was. The commentators even said so. It for some reason was only shown once.
Yeah no. It was not. A ball is round not flat. It doesn't matter if the base is out, the whole ball has to be over the whole line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it looks out, but marginally and I don't think you can say for sure one way or the other no matter how many times you view the footage.

I guess that's where clear and obvious error comes in.

It does make you appreciate just what a good innovation goal line technology is and how smoothly it runs during a game.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Inclined to agree with Cruyffy, that angle showed the ball was out - just, even taking the curvage into account. The problem seems to be that VAR officials wasn’t shown the angle Cruyff is talking about

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Inclined to agree with Cruyffy, that angle showed the ball was out - just, even taking the curvage into account. The problem seems to be that VAR officials wasn’t shown the angle Cruyff is talking about
Turns out I wasn't talking Chinese and people can apply logic.

From what I saw on the television myself, with my own eyes, the whole ball was out.

Turns out I wasn't talking Chinese and people can apply logic.

From what I saw on the television myself, with my own eyes, the whole ball was out.

And I'm suggesting you're wrong. It's got nothing to do with you being difficult to understand, but rather you not seemingly applying the laws of the game correctly. I've seen multiple angles of it, presumably one of them being your magic bullet angle and none of them conclusively said the ball was out, in which case the advantage goes to the attacking team and it is play on.

Has "clear and obvious" error been defined anywhere.

Was thinking about the Rashford penalty.

I can see why it was given although I think it wasn't a pen.

But was it a clear and obvious error? Not for me, still a very subjective decision.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Has "clear and obvious" error been defined anywhere.

Was thinking about the Rashford penalty.

I can see why it was given although I think it wasn't a pen.

But was it a clear and obvious error? Not for me, still a very subjective decision.

Was it given as a penalty initially or was it given after VAR intervention? Should really be obvious if given from VAR advice IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back