apollo_creed

Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Look in all honesty it’s a useful part of our game when the transparent process is underlined and evidence of consistent application is apparent. I mean this in terms of it not being at the whim and interpretations of a second referee who escapes genuine scrutiny and fan discontent from his far away palace.

I didn’t favour the system before but in the light of the FA’s recent transparent approach I’m on the path of conversion. Really impressed they released photos of the VAR room, it does allow us viewers an opportunity to see where the decisions are being made.

65970460-9EAD-4304-94A1-6BB2EF72C257.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Not so much VAR related, but what is the definition of encroachment in regards to penalties. Specifically looking at the Norwich v Arsenal penalty incident.

Looking at the replay, while the Norwich players body and legs were leaning over the line, looking at his feet he hadn't actually taken a step inside the penalty area (i.e feet touching the ground in the area)? If its just leaning in, then there will be encroachment every penalty as all players basically start in that position??

Top Bottom