VAR Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The use of VAR has been the worst in England so far. Not sure why they insist on doing it their way.

So only about the 15th VAR decision against Everton this season then

How did it go against Everton? He was sent off (incorrectly it seems) during the match. If anything the VAR decision went Everton's way on this one. Retrospective action doesn't affect Everton at all.

How did it go against Everton? He was sent off (incorrectly it seems) during the match. If anything the VAR decision went Everton's way on this one. Retrospective action doesn't affect Everton at all.

Makes out Son is the victim when he’s the one that caused the injury

Makes out Son is the victim when he’s the one that caused the injury

Nobody is making out Son is the victim in this unfortunate incident. He committed a typical foul, it was just unlucky that Gomes broke his ankle. Quite coincidentally our Gomez had his ankle broken by Ben Mee last season and didn't even receive a free kick for it.

VAR certainly was in favour for Everton on this incident whatever way you look at it.

Nobody is making out Son is the victim in this unfortunate incident. He committed a typical foul, it was just unlucky that Gomes broke his ankle. Quite coincidentally our Gomez had his ankle broken by Ben Mee last season and didn't even receive a free kick for it.

VAR certainly was in favour for Everton on this incident whatever way you look at it.

VAR is the wrong term, my bad. FA decision then. Doesn’t really impact us directly, but joins the long line of incidents that have either ****ed us over, they haven’t apologised for getting wrong & just continuing to play with different rules when we are involved either way. 100% if the incident was reversed, we’d cop it.

Silva doesn’t even have the balls to make a stand, “we must respect the referees & their decisions” in the last few weeks which has cost us points. Let’s use the Salah tackle as an example & Klopp uses the media to defend his player, it worked & all is good afterwards.

VAR was the one who made it a red was it not?
Don't think so, it was too quick for VAR to get involved. It was going to be yellow then Atkinson saw the injury and upgraded it to red.

I wonder how many games where VAR is in action a red has been overturned after the game. I'm guessing it wouldn't be many

Don't think so, it was too quick for VAR to get involved. It was going to be yellow then Atkinson saw the injury and upgraded it to red.

I wonder how many games where VAR is in action a red has been overturned after the game. I'm guessing it wouldn't be many
Ah.

Well one was done by the Football Association and the other by the PL refs so that's why there is a difference of opinion I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this.

I like this. I reckon Atkinson wouldn't have disallowed the 3rd goal for Arsenal vs Palace and United's goal for the foul on Origi if he viewed the replays. Once the ball is in the net I really don't get why you wouldn't look at the replay. Play is stopped anyway, take a look and make a call.

It's the complete opposite in the A League where refs often run over to look at replays and end up doing nothing.

I like this. I reckon Atkinson wouldn't have disallowed the 3rd goal for Arsenal vs Palace and United's goal for the foul on Origi if he viewed the replays. Once the ball is in the net I really don't get why you wouldn't look at the replay. Play is stopped anyway, take a look and make a call.

It's the complete opposite in the A League where refs often run over to look at replays and end up doing nothing.
Denied united's goal for Origi diving and grabbing the wrong leg? Please.

Here is what the table would look like if VAR wasn't involved to (rightly or wrongly) change decisions.
EJF89C7XkAAcyHN

I assume Liverpool would have one taken away and one given? Something like that?
I can't remember all the calls but recently Chelsea scored an offside goal against us that got ruled out. If VAR wasn't there then we'd have drawn that game and would be 2 points less.

I'm struggling to remember a situation where we scored and it got ruled out by VAR. There must have been one somewhere for it to even out. The Firmino goal vs Villa was ruled out by the linesman first so VAR having the same decision shouldn't matter. Also if it did count we'd have won 3-1 so that doesn't cost anyone points.

The Origi non-foul call vs Man United was a ref call that was backed by VAR so that doesn't matter either.

I can't remember all the calls but recently Chelsea scored an offside goal against us that got ruled out. If VAR wasn't there then we'd have drawn that game and would be 2 points less.

I'm struggling to remember a situation where we scored and it got ruled out by VAR. There must have been one somewhere for it to even out. The Firmino goal vs Villa was ruled out by the linesman first so VAR having the same decision shouldn't matter. Also if it did count we'd have won 3-1 so that doesn't cost anyone points.

The Origi non-foul call vs Man United was a ref call that was backed by VAR so that doesn't matter either.

VAR took a goal off us by Mane at OT for inadvertent handball that wasn't called by Atkinson.

If there is no VAR that stands and we win 2-1. That would account for the 2 points taken off us with 2 points gained for the Chelsea VAR offside goal.

VAR took a goal off us by Mane at OT for inadvertent handball that wasn't called by Atkinson.

If there is no VAR that stands and we win 2-1. That would account for the 2 points taken off us with 2 points gained for the Chelsea VAR offside goal.
Yep that's the one.

Wasn't there a Mane diving penalty that was given by VAR or was that backed by VAR?

Wasn't there a Mane diving penalty that was given by VAR or was that backed by VAR?
That was given by the ref and then backed by VAR so that doesn't matter. If the ref waved it off and then VAR overturned it then that would be seen as VAR giving us 2 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back