Various discussions about free speech etc. (not football related)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is also the thread where posts erroneously claiming intolerance of different views will be moved.

All views a tolerated. None are immune from criticism. If you don't want your "different" view commented on, BigFooty probably isn't for you.

This is also the thread where posts erroneously claiming intolerance of different views will be moved.

All views a tolerated. None are immune from criticism. If you don't want your "different" view commented on, BigFooty probably isn't for you.

You're speaking to the wrong person. I welcome any and all criticism on any subject. Unlike plenty of others, I don't resort to name calling when a different point of view is proposed. Nor do I don't bitch constantly about what others post.

You're speaking to the wrong person. I welcome any and all criticism on any subject. Unlike plenty of others, I don't resort to name calling when a different point of view is proposed. Nor do I don't bitch constantly about what others post.
It was a general message (note I didn't tag or quote you). There is a general need to address the point but I'm not surprised you self identified with it.

If someone name calls when a different opinion is proposed, assuming it is within the BigFooty site rules, it is open to criticism itself. Personally, I don't find name calling a very compelling, interesting or productive method of discourse. But each to their own. Just as anyone is entitled to post their "different" opinions, anyone else is entitled to remark on those different opinions in any manner they choose (within the site rules). That includes so-called "name calling" (again, within the site rules).

Very simple, there's a lot of insinuation around here and I wasn't sure if you meant me or not. If you didn't, no problem.

Agree completely about the name calling too.

It's the sign of a poor argument when the poster resorts to name calling.

I admire your posting, even if at times I disagree, because you debate the facts, the perspectives, without playing the man and lowering yourself to name calling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back