Review VB: Put a fork in him!

Put a fork in him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep we lack any decisive action and this is completely evident in the fact that we have never given Lyons 6-8 games in a row to see what we have in him . There are many more that have gone through this yet players like Reilly , Mackay , Van Berlo who seem to have a gold pass .

Apart from all the readily obvious, I believe this weekend team selection is based on stepping forward from the Walsh happening but primarily to WIN THIS SHOWDOWN from the Pear! A single game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps a bit premature? Remember he is coming off a years absence due to injury. I would expect him to have a better year next year.

He's finished.

We have so many quality youngsters that are already behind where they should be because we refuse to drop mediocre battlers.

Kerridge, Crouch, Lyons, Grigg - all are better footballers, with vastly more potential, than VB; I doubt we'll see him again.

He's finished.

We have so many quality youngsters that are already behind where they should be because we refuse to drop mediocre battlers.

Kerridge, Crouch, Lyons, Grigg - all are better footballers, with vastly more potential, than VB; I doubt we'll see him again.
Probably right mate but i have no problem with him hanging around next season to try and force his way back in. As long as he earns or doesn't earn a spot on merit.

So the general consensus is that we not only put a fork in him, but toss him in the bin?
I would give him a 2 year contract and make him captain of the Ravens ala Callinan. (if that's what we have to do to have an ex listed AFL player in SANFL team- I think we can only have one, stand corrected though) Callnan to a development role or any role if club sees fit or out the door. IMO.

Probably right mate but i have no problem with him hanging around next season to try and force his way back in. As long as he earns or doesn't earn a spot on merit.
Unfortunately going this way, I reckon it would be too easy to go back to him and pick him for who he is not what he brings football wise.

I've got no dramas with that; quality individual, good clubman; I'm not suggesting we pay him out and tell him to piss off (I'd be open to trading though); but he should be in a similar category to Martin - depth player unless he demands selection... Which I doubt he will.

He's finished.

Considering he's nearing the end of his career, he should be a fair way back. I'm not sure I have as much confidence as you though. I think it's likely he will be back, even if his form doesn't improve.

What sickens me is if we make finals you can bet he gets put back in 'because we need his leadership and experience on the big stage'.

Please NO.

As long as we have Lever in the team we'll be alright in terms of leadership.

Never have I seen a teenager (on the field) yell out so many orders to AFL footballers!:eek:

As long as we have Lever in the team we'll be alright in terms of leadership.

Never have I seen a teenager (on the field) yell out so many orders to AFL footballers!:eek:
footy talent aside (and he has plenty of that)., lever has the characteristics and personality made for a future premiership player.

Back