VDK Quits, who do we pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

If one of their young guns becomes available after next year, I doubt they will want to trade with us after we stung them for a fortune in the Bell deal. We got two very high draft picks and a goos young player in return for a slow midget whose team probably lifted him to higher standard than he would normally be capable of, and we swung half a million bucks of salary cap pressure around onto the poor hapless Shockers.
They won't want us to take them for a ride again next year!

I know he is a bit injury prone and also an ex Esadun player but I wouldn't mind us drafting Peter Berbakov - he seemed to me to be a pretty handy tall backman at the red and blacks and I was surprised he was delisted (unless of course he is physically stuffed). Our lack of options down back is a bit of a concern particularly with Micky M on his last set of creaky legs.

As North are my second team, since I moved to Melbourne I'm a long time observer of this board. Some of these posters are missing in action, but where are Flag Man, mark73 and Northbhoy? They always made it entertaining.
Flag man is still around. Wish i could say the same of the other 2.

As North are my second team, since I moved to Melbourne I'm a long time observer of this board. Some of these posters are missing in action, but where are Flag Man, mark73 and Northbhoy? They always made it entertaining.
Dunno about the first two but NorthBhoys is well (not on BigFooty).

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Shinners would be in the hall of fame along with Carlos and Northbhoy
Maybe we should create our own HOF.

Induct a handful of originals off the bat (i.e. Lidge) and then vote someone new in every year via poll?..

Just an idea..

Yeah Shinners would be in the hall of fame along with Carlos and Northbhoy

Shinboners and Carlos became dads and BF fell by the wayside for them but a few of us see them around and chat with them elsewhere. Northbhoy’s too busy to post here.

Shinboners and Carlos became dads and BF fell by the wayside for them but a few of us see them around and chat with them elsewhere. Northbhoy’s too busy to post here.
That's so disappointing. They would really add a lot. Are they too busy to follow North as well?

That's so disappointing. They would really add a lot. Are they too busy to follow North as well?

Yeah, they still follow North passionately. Not sure how many games they attend but the opinions remain strong and Shinners particularly hasn't changed. As I said though both are more heavily involved in their own kids' activities than the old days when they'd post here all day and night.

And you my friend. I’m more like an assistant bootstudder , l like to hang around the joint but don’t actually do much.
I find that every single poster here who has managed to last the test of time, is a quality poster. Absolutely everyone.

I’m pleased to report that LuvTheKangas96 is now living in the Dominican Republic as a baseball scout for the Melbourne Aces.
ShinbonerMagic re-married his first wife and still posts a fair bit on the cooking forums as GrogaLicious.
But I’m not sure about ReverseKanga - I know she dated Fat Stav back in the olden days before I got the Internet, but who knows where she is now? May she RIP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back