FTA-TV Veep

Remove this Banner Ad

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The creator of The Thick Of It and In The Loop. Stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus as VP of the USA and Tony Hale (amongst others) as one of her advisers.

First episode premiered in the US on the weekend, watched it last night. Pretty solid. Definitely enough to get me to come back next week.

Love the production staff on this.

Iannucci producer, Simon Blackwell as a writer, Tristam Shapeero directing.

Even Chris Morris is signed up to direct an episode. CHRIS MORRIS!!!!!

Looks great, hopefully he can get The Thick of It back sooner rather than later though

Veep - HBO comedy.

Did you know HBO did comedies? I didn't.

This is a snappy political comedy that stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Elaine from Seinfeld) and like most HBO shows, it's of high quality.

First two episodes are out and I thought they were very, very funny. Just a crazy volume of jokes thrown in. The banter and piss-taking is first class and Louis-Dreyfus is damm good in the main role.

I'm in :thumbsu:

Re: Veep - HBO comedy.

quality show.

check out eastbound and down for another hilarious hbo comedy starring this guy:

Kenny.jpg

Did you know HBO did comedies? I didn't.

This is a snappy political comedy that stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Elaine from Seinfeld) and like most HBO shows, it's of high quality.

First two episodes are out and I thought they were very, very funny. Just a crazy volume of jokes thrown in. The banter and piss-taking is first class and Louis-Dreyfus is damm good in the main role.

I'm in :thumbsu:

Like NF I couldn't be more astounded that you know Seinfeld and HBO but not CYE :confused:

Will be interesting to see if Armando Iannucci can make his comedy work on American TV, easily one of my favourite comedy writers next to Arthur Mathews and Graham Lineham (Father Ted, Big Train etc). The 'Racist Police Horses' and 'Village Sniper' sketches from the Armando Iannucci show almost had me laugh my lungs up.

No US version of Malcolm Tucker is a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watch CYE for 2+ years now, completely slipped my mind! :eek:

Entourage is not so much a comedy as it is a pile of s**t.

Went back and watched his earlier work, "The Thick of It". Loved it. High quality.

Good news on s2 :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back