Vegan Cafe In Melbourne Charge Males More

Remove this Banner Ad

Some bullshit about pay inequality.....

Problem is the argument is 'there is xx% difference in average pay between a man and a woman

They don't factor in if it's the same experience in the job in the same industry. Why don't they just charge lawyers 200% more because they earn 200% more than a nurse?

screen-shot-2017-05-20-at-15.16.46.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone bothered to read past the click bait-

- It's only in place for an hour a week
- You can choose not to get charged more if you don't want to.

So it's more of a donation (to what i don't know) if you feel like it, but it's advertised as a protest of sorts.

So it's not actually affecting anyone, yet making a point about how there is a pay gap determined by gender in many workplaces.

Feminism is great and Jobe would be proud of this.

If anyone bothered to read past the click bait-

- It's only in place for an hour a week
- You can choose not to get charged more if you don't want to.

So it's more of a donation (to what i don't know) if you feel like it, but it's advertised as a protest of sorts.

So it's not actually affecting anyone, yet making a point about how there is a pay gap determined by gender in many workplaces.

Feminism is great and Jobe would be proud of this.

A pay gap that doesn't exist. Yup well done bringing attention to an imaginary statistic.

A pay gap that doesn't exist. Yup well done bringing attention to an imaginary statistic.

bahahahha you say it like you know it's a fact

Guess what? It exists in my work place. Try again sweaty :):):)

A vegan café? Poor Mofra is likely the only Bay flog affected. :(

Some bullshit about pay inequality.....

Problem is the argument is 'there is xx% difference in average pay between a man and a woman

They don't factor in if it's the same experience in the job in the same industry. Why don't they just charge lawyers 200% more because they earn 200% more than a nurse?

That would require logic and reasoning. :drunk:

bahahahha you say it like you know it's a fact

Guess what? It exists in my work place. Try again sweaty :):):)

So at your work place you have people paying people more for the exact same job based on gender? You are aware that is illegal yes? If you have a union or anything I urge you to contact them.

So at your work place you have people paying people more for the exact same job based on gender? You are aware that is illegal yes? If you have a union or anything I urge you to contact them.

Oh it's that simple is it oh ok gee thanks

No actually - I've worked in places where individual negotiations for salary are commonplace. Most large investment banks work on that basis, many legal firms too.

No actually - I've worked in places where individual negotiations for salary are commonplace. Most large investment banks work on that basis, many legal firms too.

That's individual negotiation for your own wage, which is available to anyone applying for a job be it male or female in many industries. What I am arguing, which is correct, is if you and someone of the other gender applied the exact same job they can't say "we will pay you $xx more per hour due to being a male".

Individual negotiation doesn't apply here, although it does contribute to the wage gap that exists because men are more likely than women to try and negotiate a higher wage when discussing employment with a potential employer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back