Media VeinMedia Presents... Opposition Analysis: S30 Edition

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Well friends, it’s that time of the year again.

S30 is just around the corner, and I’m bloody excited!

I’ll cut straight to the chase here for the people who need everything explained to them in fine detail. As the thread title suggests, this will be a thread dedicated to analysing each match thread I participate in for the upcoming season.

Yes, I know this has been done before, but not by me, and this is S30, so shut up.

Over the coming months I will be giving my UNBIASED opinions of each club we come up against. How I rated the thread itself, the strong points of the opposition posting unit, where I think they could improve etc.

I will also be rating 5 posters from each opposition club once the match thread is done and dusted.

They will be divided into these prestigious categories:

The Stalwart:

A poster that has been around a long while, and is basically apart of the furniture. Doesn’t really need to contribute much to a match thread, but when they do, it’s done in a stalwarty manner.

The Up and Coming Superstar:

This title is pretty self-explanatory. Generally, it will be reserved for a 1st-2nd season poster who has really impressed me.

The Fallen Hero:

Someone who used to be magnificent, but is now a shadow of their former self.

The Court Jester:

Another accolade which should not be taken lightly. A highly prestigious title, as whoever is anointed TCJ has made me laugh, and that is a feat in itself.

And finally,

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion:

This is as good as it gets. If you are anointed TPCPC you are in elite company.

I am The People’s Champion, and if I’m bestowing that kind title on you then rest assured, you are sure to be moderately liked around here.

I feel like this will be a season to remember friends, hope you are all well, and The People’s Champion will see you soon.

D9FBF872-3B09-409D-8E8D-2DA3DBAC49AC.gif

The Stalwart:

A poster that has been around a long while, and is basically apart of the furniture. Doesn’t really need to contribute much to a match thread, but when they do, it’s done in a stalwarty manner.
BRB using this in my player bio.

Over 400 stalwarty games if I’m not mistaken?
Yeah, I'd be interested to find out how many players in this league were born post 2005 to compare how many members have been born since I started my career haha.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, I'd be interested to find out how many players in this league were born post 2005 to compare how many members have been born since I started my career haha.
We could get serial_thrilla or Loonerty to run the numbers. Both love a spreadsheet and a bit of mathemagics.

Well friends, it’s that time of the year again.

S30 is just around the corner, and I’m bloody excited!

I’ll cut straight to the chase here for the people who need everything explained to them in fine detail. As the thread title suggests, this will be a thread dedicated to analysing each match thread I participate in for the upcoming season.

Yes, I know this has been done before, but not by me, and this is S30, so shut up.

Over the coming months I will be giving my UNBIASED opinions of each club we come up against. How I rated the thread itself, the strong points of the opposition posting unit, where I think they could improve etc.

I will also be rating 5 posters from each opposition club once the match thread is done and dusted.

They will be divided into these prestigious categories:

The Stalwart:

The Up and Coming Superstar:

This title is pretty self-explanatory. Generally, it will be reserved for a 1st-2nd season poster who has really impressed me.

The Fallen Hero:

Someone who used to be magnificent, but is now a shadow of their former self.

The Court Jester:

Another accolade which should not be taken lightly. A highly prestigious title, as whoever is anointed TCJ has made me laugh, and that is a feat in itself.

And finally,

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion:

This is as good as it gets. If you are anointed TPCPC you are in elite company.

I am The People’s Champion, and if I’m bestowing that kind title on you then rest assured, you are sure to be moderately liked around here.

I feel like this will be a season to remember friends, hope you are all well, and The People’s Champion will see you soon.

View attachment 918747
This will be quite an undertaking. I do hope you dont crash and burn after 4 or 5 rounds.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
We need to have a match thread first friend.

It’s never too early for glorious food.

Aye ABV. Before I snuff it, I want my last meal to be a long Yum Cha.

Back