Venables Selection - Eagles V Demons Prelim

Who get's your nod for Prelim selection?

• Ah Chee

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ainsworth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venables

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rantz

Draftee
Sep 11, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Somebody explain the Venables selection for the Prelim to me and make me feel good about it.

Somebody explain the Venables selection for the Prelim to me and make me feel good about it.

Nice try Kim.

Venners will do good. He gets to the right spots and has clean hands. Not afraid to work hard defensively and laid the second highest number of tackles in the QF.

He will have a much better idea of the pace of a final now.

Gives the forward line mainly, also the midfield a bit of another dimension with pace, strength, height and strong, hard tackling. Admittedly he often doesn't get very impressive stats and can get HTB but he's very young, probably only played about a dozen games. Must be doing stuff the coaches want because from the outside he doesn't seem to be doing enough. More dynamic (potentially mainly) and skilled than midfield competitors (Ah Chee, Ainsworth) and more agile than forward line competitors (Waterman, O Allen). That's about it.

Nice try Kim.

Venners will do good. He gets to the right spots and has clean hands. Not afraid to work hard defensively and laid the second highest number of tackles in the QF.

Much like how his doppelgänger took some time to get used to the pace of finals in the 2011 QF.

Nice try Kim.

I like your Venables reasoning but the "Kim" call was a low blow. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had 7 tackles in his first final, only behind Yeo (had 9), and performed the pressure forward role well. Got caught htb a couple of times but I think we all remember that happening to someone he has been likened to in the past, finals are a different pace and he will be better for the run.

Now would you kindly delete this thread please.

He is exactly the type of footballer Richmond would select in their forward line right now. He has more upside than a Constagna in the long term but at the moment is functioning purely as a pressure forward at that level.

S
Someone explain the creation of two identical threads about this selection issue when there's already a thread on team selection to me and make me feel good about it.

Sorry. My computer blue screened the first time and didn't think it took so posted again. Can't delete the other one now. It was also my big footy thread creation cherry so...

Had 7 tackles in his first final, only behind Yeo (had 9), and performed the pressure forward role well. Got caught htb a couple of times but I think we all remember that happening to someone he has been likened to in the past, finals are a different pace and he will be better for the run.

Now would you kindly delete this thread please.

Sorry. It won't let me delete anything. It was a legit question though. I wasn't having a go at Venables. Just didn't see a lot in his numbers. Everyone has indeed made me feel better about his selection now though. :)

Playing as a defensive forward and doing the job.
Allows Cripps more time to be more attacking. Both guys can help out more in the midfield.
Has a bit of speed and flair.
The fact that he is already balding shows he is high in testosterone
Has a bit of campaigner in him

Sorry. It won't let me delete anything. It was a legit question though. I wasn't having a go at Venables. Just didn't see a lot in his numbers. Everyone has indeed made me feel better about his selection now though. :)

No apology required ;). I'm quite defensive of Venables, kids gonna be a star.

Back