Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw something funny last night. Blackburn road heading north.

Left lane - "slow driver" at 60 (aka leader). Me 4 cars back from the leader, behind me a rather impatient 4wd containing tradie probably on way hoe after a long day.
Right lane - Ute in right lane on blackburn rd in peak our at 60.

So ute behind me was impatient and started moving between lanes, back and forth.

Tailgated the ute. I thought we were about to see some tradie fisty cuffs!

ute saw a gap back in the left lane (he got to move up 2 spots yay!). When we all got to the major intersection ute turned left, and the 4wd swung from right over 2 lanes to the left and followed utey.

So aggressive.

Idiots who sit right up your ass when your stopped on a steep hill. Gives you no room to move when you take off.
ha, that happened to me recently. I was driving a mate's car and trailer because he'd been drinking. I haven't driven a manual for years, and I forgot how to do a handbrake start on an incline. So, this dickhead was right on my arse and I thought I was gunna roll back into him.
Eh, ya hadta be there :D

I give you people who speed knowing a fixed camera is ahead, jam on the brakes, and mess with the flow of traffic.

I think its dangerous having mobile speed cameras on motorways. Last Thursday, heading along the Bruce Highway North of Brisbane in peak hour, everyone slams on their brakes, I'm thinking accident. Nope just a speed camera. Best part no one was above the 100km limit, in any of the 3 lanes.

Was driving down Warrigal Rd just past Holmesglen where the speed limit is 40kph during the week but 60kph on Sundays, Was doing about 55kph just past the lights when this off duty policeman came up behind me and flashed his lights. Stopped in Harvey Norman so that the traffic wouldnt get held up and he comes up to me and asks me what the speed limit is. I say 60kph on Sundays, he goes off at me and says no its not its 40kph every day of the week....
I expect to get a ticket which i would have contested in a flash but he says "i don't give tickets i just hate when people speed, its not about the money its about lives" and i got a 10 minute lecture about speeding . So to get him off my back i just agree with him and he lets me go.
What gets me is that he stopped me for the wrong reasons to tell me i could kill someone when i was going 55kph in a 60 zone. Was very weird.

Was driving down Warrigal Rd just past Holmesglen where the speed limit is 40kph during the week but 60kph on Sundays, Was doing about 55kph just past the lights when this off duty policeman came up behind me and flashed his lights. Stopped in Harvey Norman so that the traffic wouldnt get held up and he comes up to me and asks me what the speed limit is. I say 60kph on Sundays, he goes off at me and says no its not its 40kph every day of the week....
I expect to get a ticket which i would have contested in a flash but he says "i don't give tickets i just hate when people speed, its not about the money its about lives" and i got a 10 minute lecture about speeding . So to get him off my back i just agree with him and he lets me go.
What gets me is that he stopped me for the wrong reasons to tell me i could kill someone when i was going 55kph in a 60 zone. Was very weird.

Did you get his number plate or name? He should be reported

I've never heard of a road with different speed limits for weekends. School zones in the morning and arvo but that's it.
its 100 percent different on Sundays, I drive this road every day. It was made 40kph purely for revenue reasons about 5 years ago after being 60kph, It was 70kph about 20 years ago. There is a TAFE where they changed it

upload_2018-9-16_22-22-37.png

its 100 percent different on Sundays, I drive this road every day. It was made 40kph purely for revenue reasons about 5 years ago after being 60kph, It was 70kph about 20 years ago. There is a TAFE where they changed it
Wasn't doubting you, just don't have any in Perth. Don't think I've seen it anywhere else either, wonder if any other cities do it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't doubting you, just don't have any in Perth. Don't think I've seen it anywhere else either, wonder if any other cities do ot.
Never seen it in Adelaide either, seems strange to have 2 different speeds limits for different days

How do you explain that to the insurance company?

250px-I_Didn%27t_Do_It%21_The_Bart_Simpson_Story.png

Yeah, that's odd by that coppa.
I'd assume most drivers would be well aware of the limits there, and especially a cop, because the speed camera is so infamous for nabbing people going down the steep-ish hill. I checked it out the other night going in both directions. That photo of the sign is current, and the illuminated sign would most likely have been visible from the Harvey Norman car park, so, had it occurred to you, you could've said, "hey, copper, the farkin lit-up sign there says '60'" :D

Yeah, that's odd by that coppa.
I'd assume most drivers would be well aware of the limits there, and especially a cop, because the speed camera is so infamous for nabbing people going down the steep-ish hill. I checked it out the other night going in both directions. That photo of the sign is current, and the illuminated sign would most likely have been visible from the Harvey Norman car park, so, had it occurred to you, you could've said, "hey, copper, the farkin lit-up sign there says '60'" :D
i did!! he went off at me lol

People on highways who overtake you when im doing 103km/h and then pull in front and then drop to below 100. So I overtake them and sit on 103km/h. 5 mins later they are on my ass, overtake, get in front and then slow back down again. I don't think they are doing it to piss me off but just don't like having someone in front of them. And obviously don't know how to use cruise control - most cars have it these days

Even worse when im towing a caravan and people get in front and slow down, takes me a while to get going again after having to slow down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back