Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
People who don't know how to use roundabouts.

90% of Queenslanders I'm looking at you.

Last edited:

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Tailgating is my biggest hate, easily. It is by far the most dangerous driving habit that should be targeted by police, but isn't. I drive from Melbourne to Geelong quite regularly, and it is most often tradies in utes or big Toorak tractors with front bullbars that move up so close that you can't see their headlights while travelling at 100 km/h+. Happens 4-5 times every journey. I've got to the point of refusing to be intimidated; I just cruise on until a gap opens up to my left so I can get out of the way. I'd prefer to slowly decrease my speed until the morons get the message, but I can't afford road-rage incidents with the family in the car.

In city traffic, drivers who speed along to the left of a line of traffic before putting on their indicator and pushing in when they get to a parked car blocking their way. Your time is no more important than mine, you selfish idiots. I get a special satisfaction from driving on the tail of the car in front and not letting them in :)

I'm warming to overly bright headlights

Especially on this new breed of 4WD and other raised station wagon types

These *ers are at eye level, don't seem to point down like old headlights and are bright as all *

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
People who dawdle at traffic lights.

There's a set of lights at the intersection of Canning Hwy and Ardross St in Perth. With the phasing it would probably be green for the highway 99% of the time or more. When you are waiting at the lights to cross the highway you'll generally wait a minute or two and then when the lights go green there is enough time for 2-3 cars to get through before they turn amber. Without fail if you are the second or third car in line the person/people in front of you will take an eternity to get going once the lights turn green. FFFFUUUU.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

There's a set of lights at the intersection of Canning Hwy and Ardross St in Perth. With the phasing it would probably be green for the highway 99% of the time or more. When you are waiting at the lights to cross the highway you'll generally wait a minute or two and then when the lights go green there is enough time for 2-3 cars to get through before they turn amber. Without fail if you are the second or third car in line the person/people in front of you will take an eternity to get going once the lights turn green. FFFFUUUU.

People at the front of any lights have an opportunity to help relieve congestion and driver impatience. Help avoid accidents by taking off as quickly as possible when lights go Green

Something that pisses me off is pedestrians in shared paths with cyclists

I was on a MTB trail from blackwood down to Mitcham. A clearly marked MTB only in sections. I'm flying down the hill negotiating gum trees cliffs and rocks when there these two female hikers coming up the the way. I've got nowhere to go. Straight into one I rode rather than hit A tree and over a cliff.

I had to help carry her back to her car as the front wheel cannoned into her shin and knee.

She owned a bloody 4wd with a make cyclists pay rego bumper sticker. Her 4wd had never left bitumen.

Faaarrk

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Have grown to distrust people's ability to indicate to the point I won't go until I see the wheels aren't turning.

People who don't merge at 100 on a freeway. How the hell do you expect to pull out into 100km traffic at 60km?

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Just stay in the left lane. Problem solved

If I'm driving at 100-105 km/h and passing traffic driving at 95 km/h in the left lane in a 100 km/h zone, why should I??? I should be able to drive within the law without having my and my family's life put in danger by morons who don't understand physics and the dangers of what they are doing.

You sound like a ute driver that's part of the problem...

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
If I'm driving at 100-105 km/h and passing traffic driving at 95 km/h in the left lane in a 100 km/h zone, why should I??? I should be able to drive within the law without having my and my family's life put in danger by morons who don't understand physics and the dangers of what they are doing.

You sound like a ute driver that's part of the problem...
Don't own a Ute and nor do I tailgate. Always keep my distance because you never know when some retart will hit the anchors.

When I do the Melbourne-Geelong trip, I sit in the left lane undertaking everyone hogging the middle and right lanes.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
People that tailgate motorcyclists. Pathetic human beings who attempt to intimidate someone because their vehicle is bigger than them.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
If you own a 4WD and SUV and can't drive as fast as the speed limit you well and truly suck.

Any slow driver in the right hand lane with no intention of turning right gives me the shits. Have noticed just as many tradies (especially grey haired ones) bad for this just as much as Asians and women etc.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

fukkheads on their phones at the lights. happens ALL the time. Put the phones down you ******* imbeciles!!

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
fukkheads on their phones at the lights. happens ALL the time. Put the phones down you ******* imbeciles!!

they dont make it look half obvious as well, often see at a major intersection here in Adelaide swarms of coppers come out from behind the bushes when the lights are red looking in car windows, often getting drivers on their phones

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
I'm warming to overly bright headlights

Especially on this new breed of 4WD and other raised station wagon types

These ******s are at eye level, don't seem to point down like old headlights and are bright as all ****
My eyes are somewhat light sensitive due to a stuffed up cornea so these really, really bother me.:straining: I mean its not that bad that I'm blinded or something.

Don't like driving in unfamiliar places at night in any case.

My eyes are somewhat light sensitive due to a stuffed up cornea so these really, really bother me.:straining: I mean its not that bad that I'm blinded or something.

Don't like driving in unfamiliar places at night in any case.
cars headlights seem to point down less than they used to, or the beans have a wider angle, number of times I get blinded by some SUV type who doesn't have their high beams on is too damn high

Back