Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
People who turn left from the right hand lane instead of moving to the left lane to turn when there are two lanes are the biggest campaigners and shouldn't be allowed on the roads.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Cyclist may be more inclined to obey road rules for fear they may get fined etc. Apparently traffic lights and road signs don't apply to half the cyclists
Because licence plates stop motorists from speeding, tailgating, running red lights, not indicating?

Despite what people think, motorists aren't going to be taking down numberplates and reporting them to police, they certainly don't when they see other motorists doing the above mentioned acts. Also, do you want to know what will happen if you ring the police, give them a numberplate and tell them what offence you saw them doing? Nothing, because that's not evidence. The only way a cyclist would get fined is if a police officers sees them, in which case, the registration is irrelevant.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Because licence plates stop motorists from speeding, tailgating, running red lights, not indicating?

Despite what people think, motorists aren't going to be taking down numberplates and reporting them to police, they certainly don't when they see other motorists doing the above mentioned acts. Also, do you want to know what will happen if you ring the police, give them a numberplate and tell them what offence you saw them doing? Nothing, because that's not evidence. The only way a cyclist would get fined is if a police officers sees them, in which case, the registration is irrelevant.

So many cars have dash cams, can report them same as others do for motorist.

Driving home on the freeway from the football Saturday night I saw a car with no headlights on. The only thing lighting up the road infront was the daytime running lights. Are people that dumb not to notice if thier headlight indicator is lit on the dashboard? This was at half past 10 at night!

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Driving home on the freeway from the football Saturday night I saw a car with no headlights on. The only thing lighting up the road infront was the daytime running lights. Are people that dumb not to notice if thier headlight indicator is lit on the dashboard? This was at half past 10 at night!

the way i sit and the position of the headlight indicator, i cant see mine in my car, but i have it on auto so dont need to worry about it

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
campaigners who pull out in front of me and I have to brake to avoid hitting them. Especially when there's no one else behind me and they could've waited 2-3 seconds. Happened too many times the last week or two.

happens to me all the time, its always near a side street from me aswell, i always cover the brake if i see a car in the street

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
People who turn left from the right hand lane instead of moving to the left lane to turn when there are two lanes are the biggest campaigners and shouldn't be allowed on the roads.

A close second would be those that drift in the opposite direction to what they are going to turn......so it seems your about to get sideswiped or cut off by someone, when they have plenty of room to turn but drift out.

Last edited:

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
How are the Police going to enforce cyclist having registered bikes? Chase down every cyclist on the road?
A stupider thing has never been suggested and will create more of the congestion that upsets the anti-cyclist people in the first place.

A campaigner is a campaigner, no matter their mode of transport.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Why they don't put in slip lanes to turn left when there is plenty of room, would ease congestion so much. Now you get stuck behind someone going straight when the next 5 cars want to turn left. Especially annoys me when new intersections are made or old ones are improved and the slip lane isn't included.

Also, plenty road being improved, works were going great, 100 workers on site and now the last month or 2 you barely see anyone on site. Most of section 1 is basically complete and we get to look at an empty lane while we are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Just get it done ffs.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
been driving trams for 10 months now and holy s**t I've already seen enough dumb s**t by drivers, cyclists and pedestrians alike to last a lifetime of stories

but today's entry is just an anecdote that sums up how the ultimate selfish campaigner on the road - minor is its application, but a perfect summary

On Barkley St, West Footscray, coming up to Summerhill Road. It's a narrow road to start with, not a lot of room. There is a bus at stop on the corner with its right indicator on - There is a car at the top of the lights (not sure if the car was there first or not, didn't see) but as I'm approaching the bus there is a car infront who just swings out to the right and siddles right up alongside the bus. I sat behind the bus for two reasons; 1) I'm supposed to give way, 2) I'm turning left down Summerhill anyway.

I think to myself that the car infront was a bit of a selfish, inpatient campaigner as he should have let the bus in. The lights were red. But then he upped his levels when the lights turn green and the car also turns left down Summerhill, where he literally had to cut across the bus who was continuing straight down Barkley!

Like, it's minor, it was low speed and the bus driver was probably anticipating the dickish move, but I just don't understand the complete entitlement that so many drivers have on the road.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Another one with building roads, plenty road again. There is plenty of room so could have easily been done - they have gone from 2 lanes to 3 but didn't put a bus stop in. It will have to stop and the left hand lane will come to a standstill. Just easier to put a bus-stop in and therefor traffic wont stop and bottleneck.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Another one with building roads, plenty road again. There is plenty of room so could have easily been done - they have gone from 2 lanes to 3 but didn't put a bus stop in. It will have to stop and the left hand lane will come to a standstill. Just easier to put a bus-stop in and therefor traffic wont stop and bottleneck.

then the buses are never able to rejoin traffic because campaigners don't let them in

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
then the buses are never able to rejoin traffic because campaigners don't let them in

Buses need to atleast wait until traffic is clear and not pull out it front of traffic and cause a accident like what happened to me

Back