Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Buses need to atleast wait until traffic is clear and not pull out it front of traffic and cause a accident like what happened to me
That whole bus law is really vague. Give way, of course if you see them and they've had thier indicator on and you're not doing 60-80 because then you're just causing an accident yourself. Are you supposed to stop as soon as one pulls over to the side of the road? How many passengers are getting on, how long they take to sit down all make it impossible as a driver to gauge when to stop your vehicle to allow them back into traffic.

when you see them sitting there with their right indicator on and you have time to slow down and let them in - you can work it out

people are just selfish and want to fly past it when they can, and everyone else is a sheep they just follow

when one car flies through a tram stop on Royal Pde, more often than not three will fly through because they blindly follow the first campaigner

Like, it's minor, it was low speed and the bus driver was probably anticipating the dickish move, but I just don't understand the complete entitlement that so many drivers have on the road.
It's a mix of entitlement and ignorance. So many people just get into their car and that's it. Their vision and thought only extends as far as the boundaries of their car.

I got stuck behind someone the other day with lights and sirens blarring for 2kms. They refused to pull over into the empty left hand lane, they instead couldn't miss their right hand turn that came up at the end of those 2kms.

Buses have right of way.

i understand that, but when traffic is doing 80 km's a hour and a bus just pulls out in front of traffic causing 3 separate rear enders, they need to use their brains and wait until the traffic has passed

Why they don't put in slip lanes to turn left when there is plenty of room, would ease congestion so much. Now you get stuck behind someone going straight when the next 5 cars want to turn left. Especially annoys me when new intersections are made or old ones are improved and the slip lane isn't included.

Also, plenty road being improved, works were going great, 100 workers on site and now the last month or 2 you barely see anyone on site. Most of section 1 is basically complete and we get to look at an empty lane while we are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Just get it done ffs.

#vote1sliplanesforturningleftandright

i understand that, but when traffic is doing 80 km's a hour and a bus just pulls out in front of traffic causing 3 separate rear enders, they need to use their brains and wait until the traffic has passed
Buses have right of way to pull out from a bus stop in Qld only in speed zones up to 60km/hr.

My biggest gripe is campaigners who think it is alright just pull up and do a U-turn. They just stop and hold up all the traffic behind them. Especially when there is a side street on their right and you think they might be turning right and you suspect from their positioning that they’re doing a U-turn.
Aren’t you supposed to pull over to the left, giving way to all traffic and pedestrians, and only do a U-turn when it is safe to do so?

Buses have right of way to pull out from a bus stop in Qld only in speed zones up to 60km/hr.

My biggest gripe is campaigners who think it is alright just pull up and do a U-turn. They just stop and hold up all the traffic behind them. Especially when there is a side street on their right and you think they might be turning right and you suspect from their positioning that they’re doing a U-turn.
Aren’t you supposed to pull over to the left, giving way to all traffic and pedestrians, and only do a U-turn when it is safe to do so?

It friggen amazes me how many people do this on really busy roads in Melbourne - High St in Northcote, Smith St in Collingwood, Glenferrie Road in Kooyong - it stuns me every time.

But it's like we all have this understanding that people are dumb *s and we let them get away with it.

------

I was thinking the other day about the habits that I think make it obvious where people grew up - I was thinking about this driving down High St behind a car that was straddling both lanes. This is a uniquely Melbourne thing, albeit probably only on roads with tram tracks. I lived in Canberra, where people are horrid tailgaters. Sydney drivers are dangerous as *, ducking and weaving between lanes (which are all equally clogged), relying on everyone else having their heads equally planted in their arse. I learned to drive in Tassie, where I think our trait is relatively harmless - leaving massive amounts of braking room.

Drives me crazy when you're travelling somewhere like Hoddle St and you have maybe 20 metres between me and the car in front and someone switches into your lane. To me it's like "it's breaking room campaigner, not cut me off like a piece of s**t room!"

It friggen amazes me how many people do this on really busy roads in Melbourne - High St in Northcote, Smith St in Collingwood, Glenferrie Road in Kooyong - it stuns me every time.

But it's like we all have this understanding that people are dumb ****s and we let them get away with it.

------

I was thinking the other day about the habits that I think make it obvious where people grew up - I was thinking about this driving down High St behind a car that was straddling both lanes. This is a uniquely Melbourne thing, albeit probably only on roads with tram tracks. I lived in Canberra, where people are horrid tailgaters. Sydney drivers are dangerous as ****, ducking and weaving between lanes (which are all equally clogged), relying on everyone else having their heads equally planted in their arse. I learned to drive in Tassie, where I think our trait is relatively harmless - leaving massive amounts of braking room.

Drives me crazy when you're travelling somewhere like Hoddle St and you have maybe 20 metres between me and the car in front and someone switches into your lane. To me it's like "it's breaking room campaigner, not cut me off like a piece of **** room!"
Brisbane is crazy as * for lane switching and ducking in between your cars safe space from the car in front of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier this year some moron stopped to do a U-turn just past a set of traffic lights which caused the cars behind it to slam on their brakes. I was in one of those cars being driven by my sister and she braked in time to not hit the car in front but the guy behind us wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of us. It was a ute with a bull bar so her car ended up being a write off but he was at least good enough to check we were OK, the moron that caused it all just drove off.

Walking down Burgundy St in Heidelberg towards Austin Hospital and an ambulance wants to get through. This road never moves and bumper to bumper but surprisingly both sides move to the left enough for ambulance to get through. Faith in humanity restored.

2 mins later another ambulance comes up, again people move over to let it through. But wait, an idiot who was parked thinks he can do a u-turn, right in front of the ambulance and blocks the road, nowhere to go, cant move fwd or backwards. So ambulance has to wait for traffic lights and people ahead move. They horned the s**t out of him. Faith in humanit rightfully restored to 'we're ****ed'

Question:

After you fill up your car, do you move your car away from the pump to go inside to pay so the person behind can go after you?

I never knew this was a thing, and I’m still pretty sure it isn’t yet this ugly bumpkin cracked the shits today after I went inside to pay for my petrol for a whole 20-30 seconds because I didn’t move my vehicle. According to him, “everybody does it” and I was just a “lazy pr!ck” but I have literally never seen that happen in my life and I have asked many many friends and family since the incident and none of them do it either.

I wasn’t getting a coffee or buying scratchies or anything, I went in and out in 25 seconds and that was enough for him to crack it. I was bemused at how something so stupid could upset the clown.

If I were to move my car and he starts using the pump before I pay, isn’t he filling up his car on my wallet?

Does anybody do this?

Question:

After you fill up your car, do you move your car away from the pump to go inside to pay so the person behind can go after you?

I never knew this was a thing, and I’m still pretty sure it isn’t yet this ugly bumpkin cracked the shits today after I went inside to pay for my petrol for a whole 20-30 seconds because I didn’t move my vehicle. According to him, “everybody does it” and I was just a “lazy pr!ck” but I have literally never seen that happen in my life and I have asked many many friends and family since the incident and none of them do it either.

I wasn’t getting a coffee or buying scratchies or anything, I went in and out in 25 seconds and that was enough for him to crack it. I was bemused at how something so stupid could upset the clown.

If I were to move my car and he starts using the pump before I pay, isn’t he filling up his car on my wallet?

Does anybody do this?
Never heard of anyone doing this. That would just block up other spots of the petrol station. And he can't start pumping until you pay anyway. Sounds like a dickhead.

Question:

Does anybody do this?

ive never seen it before

I've seen it on the odd occasion, but as said, it solves nowt because the pump won't start until the last one is paid.

Want to be careful doing at some servos, cameras might think you're doing a runner.

People who are in/out with their payment aren't an issue anyway. It's the ones that seem to be in there refinancing their home loan that are.

Question:

Does anybody do this?

i always thought you need to pay and then the pump clears so next person can use it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back