Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Question:

After you fill up your car, do you move your car away from the pump to go inside to pay so the person behind can go after you?
I did it once and the shop guy said he thought I was doing a runner, and he was about to call the cops.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Natorious traffic lights on Bell st where people don't care about red lights. Anyway today, im turningright, waiting for the intersection to be clear or the red light (no red arrow so can go when I deem safe). This intersection, I normally wait for red light as dickheads everywhere unless its totally clear.

Light turns amber, I wait and see a car flying, the light turns red and he starts to slow down, so I go and get through, no worries.. After im through the intersection he speeds up and goes through the intersection in a clear red light and the other direction has turned green. Other cars had to stop to not get hit. I just shake my head, * id love to be a cop and pull them over.

He actually slowed down and then sped up once I was through to go through a red light, risking his life and more importantly the lives of others, to what save 1 minute on their commute.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
i always thought you need to pay and then the pump clears so next person can use it.

I presume the person cant wait the 30secs for the person paying to get in the car and leave after paying. Their time is so much more important.

But its a dumb argument anyway, it would take longer to get in he car, move it and walk to the register. Some people are just dickheads, plain and simple.

Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Question:

After you fill up your car, do you move your car away from the pump to go inside to pay so the person behind can go after you?

I never knew this was a thing, and I’m still pretty sure it isn’t yet this ugly bumpkin cracked the shits today after I went inside to pay for my petrol for a whole 20-30 seconds because I didn’t move my vehicle. According to him, “everybody does it” and I was just a “lazy pr!ck” but I have literally never seen that happen in my life and I have asked many many friends and family since the incident and none of them do it either.

I wasn’t getting a coffee or buying scratchies or anything, I went in and out in 25 seconds and that was enough for him to crack it. I was bemused at how something so stupid could upset the clown.

If I were to move my car and he starts using the pump before I pay, isn’t he filling up his car on my wallet?

Does anybody do this?
I did it once mate, the servo guy told me not to do it again as they thought i was going to do a runner. Sounds like this person was being an impatient campaigner.

Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyway, came to write a vent of my own this morning. Was cycling along in the bike lane, and someone stepped out from in between some parked cars and right in front of me. I was going pretty slow anyway, and was just able to stop about an inch away from hitting him. Guy starts yelling at me saying bikes should not be on the road, and that part of the road he was on was for pedestrians to stand on so they could look out for traffic.

I pointed out to him that not only did he step right onto the green painted bike lane, he was standing right on top of a picture of a bike. A few people around who saw this all happen laughed at this dickhead. Good times.

Natorious traffic lights on Bell st where people don't care about red lights. Anyway today, im turningright, waiting for the intersection to be clear or the red light (no red arrow so can go when I deem safe). This intersection, I normally wait for red light as dickheads everywhere unless its totally clear.

Light turns amber, I wait and see a car flying, the light turns red and he starts to slow down, so I go and get through, no worries.. After im through the intersection he speeds up and goes through the intersection in a clear red light and the other direction has turned green. Other cars had to stop to not get hit. I just shake my head, **** id love to be a cop and pull them over.

He actually slowed down and then sped up once I was through to go through a red light, risking his life and more importantly the lives of others, to what save 1 minute on their commute.
was this car a navara or hilux by any chance?

Question:

I never knew this was a thing, and I’m still pretty sure it isn’t yet this ugly bumpkin cracked the shits today after I went inside to pay for my petrol for a whole 20-30 seconds because I didn’t move my vehicle. According to him, “everybody does it” and I was just a “lazy pr!ck” but I have literally never seen that happen in my life and I have asked many many friends and family since the incident and none of them do it either.

I wasn’t getting a coffee or buying scratchies or anything, I went in and out in 25 seconds and that was enough for him to crack it. I was bemused at how something so stupid could upset the clown.

If I were to move my car and he starts using the pump before I pay, isn’t he filling up his car on my wallet?

Does anybody do this?
Never heard of anyone doing this. That would just block up other spots of the petrol station. And he can't start pumping until you pay anyway. Sounds like a dickhead.

I've seen it on the odd occasion, but as said, it solves nowt because the pump won't start until the last one is paid.

Want to be careful doing at some servos, cameras might think you're doing a runner.

People who are in/out with their payment aren't an issue anyway. It's the ones that seem to be in there refinancing their home loan that are.

Done as a courtesy to not block the pump and hold up the queue if you need to use the restroom or grab something to eat

Standard for sales reps and beats waiting endlessly for campaigners who dawdle in the shops/facilities after paying for their petrol

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyway, came to write a vent of my own this morning. Was cycling along in the bike lane, and someone stepped out from in between some parked cars and right in front of me. I was going pretty slow anyway, and was just able to stop about an inch away from hitting him. Guy starts yelling at me saying bikes should not be on the road, and that part of the road he was on was for pedestrians to stand on so they could look out for traffic.

I pointed out to him that not only did he step right onto the green painted bike lane, he was standing right on top of a picture of a bike. A few people around who saw this all happen laughed at this dickhead. Good times.
Awesome. That's part of the problem: a lot of people don't know the laws

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Question:

Does anybody do this?
Never heard of this.

Should have ******* smashed the campaigner

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looked like a meth head, wasn’t taking any chances

I was driving and there was this absolute utter campaigner in front of me. Going soooo slow in a Corolla hatchback. I thought it was an Asian woman for sure. After a couple of near misses in front of me, with me yelling out the windows at this car...i pull in front of them at the lights and it's this loose unit meth head white bloke about to get out and kill me.

I proceed to turn the other way and chuck youi to get onto the road i wanted.

I was driving and there was this absolute utter campaigner in front of me. Going soooo slow in a Corolla hatchback. I thought it was an Asian woman for sure. After a couple of near misses in front of me, with me yelling out the windows at this car...i pull in front of them at the lights and it's this loose unit meth head white bloke about to get out and kill me.

I proceed to turn the other way and chuck youi to get onto the road i wanted.

Are you saying you abused said driver because you thought they were asian and a woman?

but upon realising it was a white bloke you retracted and bolted?

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Question:

I never knew this was a thing, and I’m still pretty sure it isn’t yet this ugly bumpkin cracked the s**ts today after I went inside to pay for my petrol for a whole 20-30 seconds because I didn’t move my vehicle. According to him, “everybody does it” and I was just a “lazy pr!ck” but I have literally never seen that happen in my life and I have asked many many friends and family since the incident and none of them do it either.

Does anybody do this?

When you get back to your car just be really slow. Make em more angry I say.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Down in Canberra for work. Have noticed everyone speeds and tailgates. Never see any cops in the ACT so they get away with it.

Back