Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixtures!

Has anyone noticed that we keep playing teams that have longer game to game breaks then us?

After seeing Richmond play last night, I laughed when it was us that of course play them next week. They have a 10 day break v our 7 after we played Saturday night.

We play Dogs who played Thursday night.

So, I went and checked because it felt like this often happens.

ONLY the Eagles game, where we came back from 2 weeks away was a shorter game to game break. Eagles also played at home the week prior v Richmond. So, perfect storm for them fully rested and hadn’t travelled in 2 weeks.

EVERY other fixture the team we have played has had an extra day or more the week prior to playing us.

I haven’t bothered to fast forward and check all fixtures but it’s also this week to week to fixturing that just seems way off.

Am I taking crazy pills!?

Nope you are exactly right

Fixtures!

Has anyone noticed that we keep playing teams that have longer game to game breaks then us?

After seeing Richmond play last night, I laughed when it was us that of course play them next week. They have a 10 day break v our 7 after we played Saturday night.

We play Dogs who played Thursday night.

So, I went and checked because it felt like this often happens.

ONLY the Eagles game, where we came back from 2 weeks away was a shorter game to game break. Eagles also played at home the week prior v Richmond. So, perfect storm for them fully rested and hadn’t travelled in 2 weeks.

EVERY other fixture the team we have played has had an extra day or more the week prior to playing us.

I haven’t bothered to fast forward and check all fixtures but it’s also this week to week to fixturing that just seems way off.

Am I taking crazy pills!?
Yes, it's been discussed a lot actually. We have a terrible fixture. We started last and our season is a full ten days shorter than some other teams. Just add it to the pile of inequalities that hinder Fremantle.

On top of us having the shortest season, like you said, we consistently play teams coming off longer breaks. It's actually ****ed up. Results like last week happen because of fatigue related to our fixtures.

In before 'just another excuse for poor performance', it's not an excuse, it is an observable fact. Time and distance are comparable in a race. If one was running a 100m race and your opponent got to start at the 90m mark, would it be making excuses that you lost because your opponent had to run less distance? No, there is a clear inequality.

Not only do we travel the most, we also have the least time to recover. If we fail to make finals then we can realistically point to our fixture as a key reason for it.

West Coast have been similarly shafted.

Last edited:

Yes, it's been discussed a lot actually. We have a terrible fixture. We started last and our season is a full ten days shorter than some other teams. Just add it to the pile of inequalities that hinder Fremantle.

On top of us having the shortest season, like you said, we consistently play teams coming off longer breaks. It's actually ****ed up. Results like last week happen because of fatigue related to our fixtures.

In before 'just another excuse for poor performance', it's not an excuse, it is an observable fact. Time and distance are comparable in a race. If one was running a 100m race and your opponent got to start at the 90m mark, would it be making excuses that you lost because your opponent had to run less distance? No, there is a clear inequality.

Not only do we travel the most, we also have the least time to recover. If we fail to make finals then we can realistically point to our fixture as a key reason for it.

West Coast have been similarly shafted.

I forgive to some degree the travel and playing in those non marquee grounds. I get that and have learned to deal with it.

Now the game to game breaks pops up and I’m like WTF. That’s something that should easily be able to be sorted.

There’s so many options the AFL could have looked at to play Richmond next week, yet it’s Freo having to travel to play an extended rested Tigers.

Obviously we won’t be the only team with these issues, but we should certainly be one of the teams that shouldn’t face these additional issues.

Vent over.

I started working in a new job on Monday for a company that is a West Coast sponsor.
Congrats on new job.
I hope it brings you happiness.
We won’t begrudge you ‘borrowing’ extra work pens and other items that can be replenished! Bleed then dry. It will be slow going but by year 10 hopefully they won’t have the funds to support West Coast due to the cost to replace those items that were ‘borrowed’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back