Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

*cheeky bump*

Just getting it warmed up and ready for the weekend; bust out the marshmallows

Just a placeholder for when we select Banfield over Sturt.

More prophetic bursts of scary ESP. Feel like I've walked into the world of the Scanners. Heads might explode, imminent warning....

There was a study into torture that involved keeping dogs within a certain space by electrocuting them whenever they moved beyond. Unsurprisingly, after some time the dogs no longer ventured out of their set area, even when the threat of electrocution was removed and the dogs were given opportunities to escape. I fear this learned helplessness is also something that is affecting our selection panel who do not seem to realise that Fremantle’s injury crisis is not as pronounced as it once was.

Last edited:
wonder if at the end of this season we'll look back and laugh and reminisce: "remember when we thought we'd play Finals?!" like back-slapping drunken Russians hobbling around St.Petersburg on a colder than cold winter's morning, high on Smirnoff and hopium....?! :think:

I'm starting to consider disembarking the Longmuir train at the next available stop. He just does not inspire me with any confidence on any occasion in which he fronts the media, appears to opt for safe, "by the numbers" team selections, and thus far has not executed on-field tactical alterations on game days.

The struggle is real. I bought into the hope that the end of last year brought. And now i'm starting to feel emptier than I have for a while. Meanwhile Sydney only have 1 bad year and bang! they're world beaters again.... makes me sick to the bone.
I'm definitely still on the Longmuir train (C'mon, he has only coached 1 COVID season and we're 3 games into another interrupted preseason year). Remember the end of last year even our losses were still great games. Everything was looking hopeful. Even finals talk from the club itself before preseason! Oh the optimistic hope, it was a glorious feeling. Then the injury train hit, and it hit hard.

The injury train hurts. And there is a greater emphasis on good KPD's, due to the new game style. There are more one on one's with key forwards with ample space to run into. Team defenses, of which is a key element in Longmuir's game plan, are much harder to implement with the run and gun style. Last year Cox and Ryan could play well above their means due to the game style, which has changed this year. Do not underestimate the hole an injured Logue, Hamling and Pearce has left in the 2021 modern game. And the forward line, well we know all about that... The consistent injuries mean that a regular team cannot stay on the park, which makes playing on instinct much harder. I also think the new game style goes against what Longmuir was hoping to bring, and that he now has to change it a bit. All in all, I was joyfully optimistic and in such as short period of time I feel like completely abandoning it. I won't, but man it must be nice to support clubs who consistently make finals.

Last edited:
I'm starting to consider disembarking the Longmuir train at the next available stop. He just does not inspire me with any confidence on any occasion in which he fronts the media, appears to opt for safe, "by the numbers" team selections, and thus far has not executed on-field tactical alterations on game days.
Predictable as clockwork.

Not even 3 games in and the people telling me I was wrong want to get rid of him. I wonder how long until malpaso finally gets it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The struggle is real. I bought into the hope that the end of last year brought. And now i'm starting to feel emptier than I have for a while. Meanwhile Sydney only have 1 bad year and bang! they're world beaters again.... makes me sick to the bone.
I'm definitely still on the Longmuir train (C'mon, he has only coached 1 COVID season and we're 3 games into another interrupted preseason year). Remember the end of last year even our losses were still great games. Everything was looking hopeful. Even finals talk from the club itself before preseason! Oh the optimistic hope, it was a glorious feeling. Then the injury train hit, and it hit hard.

The injury train hurts. And there is a greater emphasis on good KPD's, due to the new game style. There are more one on one with key forwards with ample space to run into. Team defenses, of which is a key element in Longmuir's game plan, are much harder to implement which the run and gun style. Last year Cox and Ryan could play well above their means due to the game style, which has changed this year. Do not underestimate the hole an injured Logue, Hamling and Pearce has left in the 2021 modern game. and the forward line, well we know all about that. The consistent injuries mean that a regular team cannot stay on the park, which makes playing on instinct much harder. I also think the new game style goes against what Longmuir was hoping to bring, that has to change it a bit. All in all, I was joyfully optimistic and in such as short period of time I feel like completely abandoning it. I won't, but man it must be nice to support clubs who consistently make finals.

Mate you have expressed all my sentiments almost exactly. I'm fully with you on this one

Not even 3 games in and the people telling me I was wrong want to get rid of him. I wonder how long until malpaso finally gets it.
You talk like we would be top of the ladder if we had a different coach. Not saying Jlo is perfect so far but the injuries aren’t all his fault?

You talk like we would be top of the ladder if we had a different coach. Not saying Jlo is perfect so far but the injuries aren’t all his fault?

I didn't say injuries were all JLos fault. And I never said we'd be top of the ladder with a different coach. I have been very consistent in saying that the list is not up to scratch and that it doesn't matter who is coaching us we won't get a flag with this list.

I said it's predictable as clockwork because small-minded people think that the coach can completely transform a group of spuds and it was only a matter of time until that was proven incorrect and the fans that loved JLO just because he was JLo would turn on him.

edit - how many people do you see HATING on Ross? The only coach to give us even a sniff of success. and they HATE him. You think JLos kick after the siren will last forever?

I didn't say injuries were all JLos fault. And I never said we'd be top of the ladder with a different coach. I have been very consistent in saying that the list is not up to scratch and that it doesn't matter who is coaching us we won't get a flag with this list.

I said it's predictable as clockwork because small-minded people think that the coach can completely transform a group of spuds and it was only a matter of time until that was proven incorrect and the fans that loved JLO just because he was JLo would turn on him.

edit - how many people do you see HATING on Ross? The only coach to give us even a sniff of success. and they HATE him. You think JLos kick after the siren will last forever?
Can you not?

You're right Wigarus, yesterday I flippantly dismissed your stark raving rants and questioned as to why you even inhabit these forums, but today my view is altering slightly.

I never "LOVED" J-Lo, just because he was J-Lo. I can barely even remember his playing career for the most part - which instantly demonstrates the effect it had on me as a malleable and easily guided teen! Also, I'm only speculating here, but labeling other educated, nuanced and respectable posters "small-minded", is not going to assist you in promoting your sentiments!

Last edited:

If you want some validation, find a bookie that will take a bet on JL getting sacked by the end of next year (or whenever you think is appropriate).

Nobody here going to give you what you crave, especially if you call people small-minded.

I really don't think he can be judged given the circumstances he's had to endure :
First Year
Average list
Covid
Jess Hogan upheaval

Average List
Above average injury list

I really don't think he can be judged given the circumstances he's had to endure :
First Year
Average list
Covid
Jess Hogan upheaval

Average List
Above average injury list
I'm going to come right out and say it - it's his persona that concerns me.

I'm going to come right out and say it - it's his persona that concerns me.
Don't mind him
Country boy

Cleverer on the inside than people may think , just not a fast talker .

I do like a bit of sass and humour in a head coach though .
If I had to pick a persona it would probably be Bevo

Doesn't say too much
Switched on
Bit of humour
Tough but fair
No bullshit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back