Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to some corporates who were taken over for the game. At their function Garlick addressed them and claimed nothings wrong, full steam ahead. This is the bloke that set a corporate goal of finals n premierships both men’s n women’s by 2025. Not much eggs on Garlo’s face.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
When we lose to the Hawks next week Garlick had better front the fans on Monday morning to address why he thinks things are so good!

The team is playing the worst footy in the comp and could very well get the wooden spoon BUT no draft pick to match! Only the Dockers could manage that level of garbage

When we lose to the Hawks next week Garlick had better front the fans on Monday morning to address why he thinks things are so good!

The team is playing the worst footy in the comp and could very well get the wooden spoon BUT no draft pick to match! Only the Dockers could manage that level of garbage
Garlick is just in it for the money 🤑

Sounds like Chapman did his hammy very badly. That could be really disastrous. Darcy Tucker ripped it off the bone 3 years ago and was never right since

AFL will introduce an NBA style 'protected pick' due to our stupidity.
Lol they won’t give a flying heck if we traded all out picks out for the next 5 years straight.
Never ever make the mistake of thinking the AFL care whether Fremantle Dockers are ever competitive or not.
We are not Carlton or Brisbane

Probably rant about this every single week but holy heck did we heck up our off season.

There was literally ZERO reason why we couldn't have paid Acres what he was worth. Could have AT LEAST made a last ditch attempt to raise the offer after Griff's 500k came on the table. Would have given us even a little bit of bargaining on the trade table but instead we offer him half of Carlton's offer so a future third is all we can ******* ask for.

At least with Griff's lowball he wasn't exactly gauranteed a b22 in defence. There was NO ONE on the team even close to taking Acres spot, and the other wingers from last year Aish and Drizzy both played so much better when they were playing alongside him on the wing.

I hate big ticket trades. Luke Jackson will be a good long term player but I agree the cost even if we managed this season to finish top 6-8 as expected was way too high.

It is looking something like 13 (15), 7 (8), 25 (27) > Jackson, 42 (Emmett), 57 (Wagner).

Hogan also worried me at the time before he had played.
6 (Ben King), 25 (27-Tom Sparrow) > Hogan, 59 (Brett Bewley)

Reckon you can add Logue and Acres to the cost of the Jackson trade. Neale also as part of Hogan.

I can’t see that we have a list to get us to a premiership compared to other clubs in the competition.

F#*k losing Neale, Cerra, Acres, Logue and the Max King pick has really put us back and left us with an unbalanced squad/midfield. We would be contenders, rather our window is uncertain now or at least really narrow given a non functioning forward line and weak midfield.

Stupid f$&@n trade period trigger happy list managers. Think they gave to justify their job by constantly inventing trades!!!

If there is one group that deserves its $$ it’s the recruiting department. Done an awesome job for us and for all the clubs that gleefully took our talent due to Belly’s gifts.

Melbourne laughing at us. Langdon for peanuts now Jackson for 2 firsts (one looking low!) plus they had some more laughs when they saw it meant we couldn’t afford Acres and Logue and even more laughs when they got a better player in Grundy on the cheap with Collingwood paying a big chunk of his salary.

Carlton also laughing as they took Cerra and Acres, latter cheap as chips. Forced us to pay high for Henry. Left us with a young undeveloped kid from the draft in exchange for Cerra. In doing so weakened a club that was expected to challenge for a flag at the same time as them. Kudos.

Well done Belly. You made us worse and strengthened our competitors.

This from a guy who was drafted by Freo for free on inception, cut, went on to win a flag at North, came back at the cost of picks 6, 8, 37 and Jess Sinclair. The irony is mind blowing. How much can one man cost a club!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can say what you like about players and personnel and I’ve said plenty god knows.
Yesterday we saw a more attacking approach from the team which was good in one sense.
However, the excessive handballing gamestyle is a disaster long term.
We will NEVER win a flag with this brand of footy. It is simply impossible. Come at me all you want and convince me otherwise.

Compounding it is the fumbling and lack of talent of several of our players that means inplementing it is even harder. But it doesn’t matter even if we have the best list in the league it would still fall apart.

There is NO WAY this style stands up in the heat of a finals game with pressure from opposition off the charts.
Not to mention wet weather games where this JL style excessive handballing gameplan has already proven to be an abomination last year, when we were actually good. Imagine how crap it will look this year when it rains?

You can say what you like about players and personnel and I’ve said plenty god knows.
Yesterday we saw a more attacking approach from the team which was good in one sense.
We will NEVER win a flag with this brand of footy. It is simply impossible. Come at me all you want and convince me otherwise.

Compounding it is the fumbling and lack of talent of several of our players that means inplementing it is even harder. But it doesn’t matter even if we have the best list in the league it would still fall apart.

There is NO WAY this style stands up in the heat of a finals game with pressure from opposition off the charts.
Not to mention wet weather games where this JL style excessive handballing gameplan has already proven to be an abomination last year, when we were actually good. Imagine how crap it will look this year when it rains?
I agree it won't but we do need to be able to mix up play when things aren't working. We also need to work the fumbles out of the game as well.

I had no problem with the way we approached the game yesterday. Biggest issues we need to solve this year are:

Midfield balance - who will provide that explosive burst going forward

D50 ball movement- been terrible for years and beyond time we should of fixed it

F50 entries/movement

Get those fixed or at least beginning to be fixed and at least there's something we can take from this year.

All the players we lost in the preseason were AFL bodies or, with height
You’d think that Corbett was brought over here to fill some of the gaps?
We are lacking experience, leadership to steady the boys.
The problem is the contested ball and it’s something that’s been overlooked in
the preseason. It’s too late to rectify on the go and JLo has given preference
to who fits his gameplan, not worried how the opposition will allow us to play.
Astute coaches know their oppositions strength and weaknesses and have intel
To say we are under prepared is an understatement and must be addressed by
the club now, to fix the next preseason.

I’m by no means and Eagles supporter, however when you see both WA clubs at rock bottom it’s a sad state of affairs. Usually one is going well if the other is struggling. Hard to see either side turn it around anytime soon. It will take years.

Reckon you can add Logue and Acres to the cost of the Jackson trade. Neale also as part of Hogan.

I can’t see that we have a list to get us to a premiership compared to other clubs in the competition.

F#*k losing Neale, Cerra, Acres, Logue and the Max King pick has really put us back and left us with an unbalanced squad/midfield. We would be contenders, rather our window is uncertain now or at least really narrow given a non functioning forward line and weak midfield.

Stupid f$&@n trade period trigger happy list managers. Think they gave to justify their job by constantly inventing trades!!!

If there is one group that deserves its $$ it’s the recruiting department. Done an awesome job for us and for all the clubs that gleefully took our talent due to Belly’s gifts.

Melbourne laughing at us. Langdon for peanuts now Jackson for 2 firsts (one looking low!) plus they had some more laughs when they saw it meant we couldn’t afford Acres and Logue and even more laughs when they got a better player in Grundy on the cheap with Collingwood paying a big chunk of his salary.

Carlton also laughing as they took Cerra and Acres, latter cheap as chips. Forced us to pay high for Henry. Left us with a young undeveloped kid from the draft in exchange for Cerra. In doing so weakened a club that was expected to challenge for a flag at the same time as them. Kudos.

This from a guy who was drafted by Freo for free on inception, cut, went on to win a flag at North, came back at the cost of picks 6, 8, 37 and Jess Sinclair. The irony is mind blowing. How much can one man cost a club!!!

I miss Jess Sinclair ❤️

But yeah.
If we were heading towards a window why would you strengthen your fellow window competitors.
It's far beyond dumb.

I’m by no means and Eagles supporter, however when you see both WA clubs at rock bottom it’s a sad state of affairs. Usually one is going well if the other is struggling. Hard to see either side turn it around anytime soon. It will take years.
The difference is they won a flag before the inevitable downturn. The Shuey/McGovern/Yeo etc cohort reached the pinnacle. We have nothing to hang our hats on during dark times.

This!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back