Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm doubting myself a bit after my 14th pre season of watching on

I could be completely wrong but I don't think it's their skills or athleticism. I put it mostly on game plan.

This chip it around while all the op players have covered space and players. Then they panick kick as they are under pressure.

Forwards have no space to lead into.

They look completely different to the intras
I know this is a relatively old post but I just wanted to point out that JLs comment in today’s presser fully supports the pre season observations of yourself and others. He said last week he asked the players to free their minds and play with more freedom, much like they did pre season.

I only saw one match sim this year but would definitely say the style of play I saw was more akin to how we played against Hawthorn, especially how we moved the ball.

Don’t doubt yourself mate, summer is a long time and your match previews sustain many on here during this time, including myself.

I don’t mean to clog the vent thread with non-venty posts but felt like this should be pointed out.

Treacy is no good.

All hustle and bustle, no craft, poor hands and gets by on defensive pressure and presence.

He'll be the kid who looks a million bucks at WAFL level, but never makes it as an AFL forward.

Unfortunately, the backline is stacked, but he'd be a force on the last line matching it with Gorilla forwards.

I'd like to see him switched with the laconic, but infinitely more talented Cox.

Won't happen though...
What an incredibly dumb post

Treacy is no good.

All hustle and bustle, no craft, poor hands and gets by on defensive pressure and presence.

He'll be the kid who looks a million bucks at WAFL level, but never makes it as an AFL forward.

Unfortunately, the backline is stacked, but he'd be a force on the last line matching it with Gorilla forwards.

I'd like to see him switched with the laconic, but infinitely more talented Cox.
Garbage post, take yourself out the back and give yourself a stiff talking to and sit your ass down for a week and think about what u just said

Treacy is no good.

Won't happen though...
Fair dinkum. You'd be the type that if you won the lotto you'd go 'yeah but I didn't want it.'
Have you ever played footy???
Treacy passes the eye test and then some for mine. You can't judge players on pure stats.
He might not get a heap of the pill and yes he dropped one he had on a platter, you can probably chalk that up to being a young player spending it before he got it because he's probably desperate to kick goals for his side.
If you watch closely, you'll see that he does.not.stop. He leads (to the right places) and creates space, then comes back and tackles or pressures or chases, and hits defenders hard in the contest, he gets around his team mates etc etc.
The good far outweighs the bad.
If Fremantle lets him get snapped up by a Vic side at the ned of the year I will be monumentally pissed. Treacy and Amiss should be our two key forwards from here on out. No more Tabs.

I know this is a relatively old post but I just wanted to point out that JLs comment in today’s presser fully supports the pre season observations of yourself and others. He said last week he asked the players to free their minds and play with more freedom, much like they did pre season.

I only saw one match sim this year but would definitely say the style of play I saw was more akin to how we played against Hawthorn, especially how we moved the ball.

Don’t doubt yourself mate, summer is a long time and your match previews sustain many on here during this time, including myself.

I don’t mean to clog the vent thread with non-venty posts but felt like this should be pointed out.

I know this is a vent thread but I appreciate your post. If that is the case then my eyes didn't deceive me as they looked awesome.

It's a real shame they haven't played with such freedom as Collingwood look like the team to beat with their freedom. Players looked slick during the match sims why force them to chip the ball and slow it down? I just don't get it

Treacy is no good.

Won't happen though...
EQjuZ.gif

Aand what a terrible cover up that was... Sirengate 2.0

Was deliberate

Called end of game by umps after the deliberate kick.

We were robbed a shot at goal

Even if Freo kicked a point it would have helped ever so slightly on making finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was deliberate

Even if Freo kicked a point it would have helped ever so slightly on making finals
Worst thing was when the AFL said there were issues with the audio-video synchronisation, posted an edited video with the sound brought 2 seconds forward so it seemed a tight call but then the video of the umpire speaking is completely out of sync.

Would prefer to doctor the video then admit they made a mistake.

Was deliberate

Yeah it was a crap call - almost as bad as Carton having the ball moved ten metres closer and kicked by someone else to win the game... The club needs to do something to stop us getting screwed.. Would never happen to the Scum.

Having said that, the most embarrassing thing in the North game was our team. They are a very, very poor team and we should have played bad and won by four goals. Instead we were absolute garbage and lost.

Worst thing was when the AFL said there were issues with the audio-video synchronisation, posted an edited video with the sound brought 2 seconds forward so it seemed a tight call but then the video of the umpire speaking is completely out of sync.

Would prefer to doctor the video then admit they made a mistake.

Corruption

Lol oh no the poor umps robbed us against Norf.

How about we beat them comfortably because they're trash? We are responsible for our shitty start to the season no on else.

That was the point of my vent lol, not some corruption bs. We played inexcusably bad against the worst team and that game will cost us big time, both for us and our draft pick if the extra win means North finish above Hawks/Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back