Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies are in a world of hurt, and to get Daicos, heard another player will go due to salary cap pressure.
If Bucks goes would he make a good assistant here?
I like Bucks but I can't see him doing that. I think he will go back to the media.
Otherwise known as Hawthorn syndrome
... or Richmond syndrome

Make no mistake, if we win a flag, the number of Fremantle supporting flogs will increase exponentially on here.
no our drafting has been excellent. remember the rebuild started in 2016. those players drafted at the start of the rebuild are only 22. I cannot stress this enough; if we are relying on the players drafted in a rebuild they are 4 years away as a collective to deliver a premiership. at the moment they are supporting cast to a cobbled together core of hamling, tabs, fyfe, mundy, walters, pearce, lobb, aish, tucker, conca, wilson and acres. (imo our current core wont win a premiership).

More on our drafting;
I have only included possible best 22 players. (bold means they are best 22, with some playing best 22 for their development)
2016 - griffen logue, sean darcy, brennan cox, luke ryan and taylin duman.
2017 - andrew brayshaw, adam cerra, mitchell crowden, sam switkowski, lloyd meek and stefan giro
2018 - sam sturt, luke valente, lachlan shultz, brett bewely, tobe watson.
2019 - hayden young, caleb serong, liam henry, minairo frederick
2020 - heath chapman, josh treacy, joel western (although i have not seen enough of this draft)

that is insane drafting, but as a collective they are 4 years away (that is the reality of young players) peaking in 8 years. This young core may snag a premiership.
players i expect to make an all australian squad of 40 over the next 8 years; caleb serong, luke ryan, andrew brayshaw, adam cerra, freddy, hayden young, heath chapman, liam henry and with the potential of a sturt or shultz

We have never drafted so well in terms of depth of talent in such little space of time. Maybe nobody compares to our brightest stars from rebuild past such as fyfe, pav, mcpharlin and sandi, but that may be the point. Perhaps depth of talent will get us that elusive flag.

we have 8 years of drafting before that young core peaks. 8 years to complement it.
Agree with all this but it should be in that almost positive thread.

Don't you just love it when your team's season is effectively over, one third of the way through?! :mad:

It is what it is.

I could add I think we are better than Essendon and Gold Coast, but I don't say it with conviction which is why I left them out.

If you're being honest, having us higher is not based on anything other than assuming we are special.

Carlton started their rebuild before us and are older and more experienced
GWS have lost a few but still have a ridiculous amount of talent and played in a GF two years ago
Saints played finals last year with the same team
Sydney - academy

There is no good reason we should be better than any of them and I don't think we are (maybe Sydney as the season rolls on).

The thing is we just don’t know how good we are because we never have our best 22-25 available for any length of time.
Imagine playing most of the year with the same back 6 that includes Pearce, Hammer, Ryan, Logue & Young all with a solid body of work & playing as a unit.
It’s the freaking injury curse that just breaks my heart every single year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is we just don’t know how good we are because we never have our best 22-25 available for any length of time.
Imagine playing most of the year with the same back 6 that includes Pearce, Hammer, Ryan, Logue & Young all with a solid body of work & playing as a unit.
It’s the freaking injury curse that just breaks my heart every single year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, our club seems to be cursed. We can never seem to catch a decent break. So many players injured over so many years. We struggle, and clubs like Sydney and West Coast continually (almost) play finals and never really rebuild. Many 1st round selections at the draft end up being plodders while we rely on low picks or rookies to be the main guys.
We change the S & C staff and we are worse off than before, WTF?

Yep, our club seems to be cursed. We can never seem to catch a decent break. So many players injured over so many years. We struggle, and clubs like Sydney and West Coast continually (almost) play finals and never really rebuild. Many 1st round selections at the draft end up being plodders while we rely on low picks or rookies to be the main guys.
We change the S & C staff and we are worse off than before, WTF?
List just needs some pruning and a few more key positions players.
The 192-200cm types who can play multi positions.
List is very young so it takes time, games to build battle ready
players.
You can better cover for midfielders with so many on the list, but talls missing the team always looks unbalanced.
McPharlin was riddled with injury at the Hawks, yet Freo got him on the park.
Most teams have injuries it’s the nature of AFL.
A few KP injuries and the cupboard is bare at Freo.
Another mature ager similar to Ryan, with the MSD could be real handy to our stocks.
As for the first round busts, etc, doesn’t help when the club lets go a player like Collins who could of been rookied for nothing.
Next it will be Meek.

What a joke. Whoever thought to keep Chapman on after he first injured his shoulder should be fired. Don't care. Was ******* cringe watching him trying to play and maneuver around his ****ed shoulder only for him to end up injuring it more because of that. Braindead hour down at the FFC of Nepotism yet again.

injury gods after derailing freo's season with injuries:

West Coast the same. Freo got rid of Webber but the same old story.

Look at the injury lists for Freo and WC. I didn't believe the Optus turf bollocks but perhaps there is something in it.

You can't be this unluckly this often.

It really isn't though. We only have 2 soft tissue injuries atm - and one is a carry over from Webber time.

We made the right choice flipping our S&C. We've got one more guy to move on.

I'm not sure how S&C can help avoid impact/contact injuries?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really isn't though. We only have 2 soft tissue injuries atm - and one is a carry over from Webber time.

We made the right choice flipping our S&C. We've got one more guy to move on.

I'm not sure how S&C can help avoid impact/contact injuries?

Agree we needed a new S&C team and they can't avoid contact injuries. I just wonder if the players are more wary of landing on a hard surface and would rather take the contact, it would all be subconsious. It's a mystery, but gee, we don't get the rub of the green.

Look at the injury lists for Freo and WC. I didn't believe the Optus turf bollocks but perhaps there is something in it.

You can't be this unluckly this often.

Of course you can. That’s the thing with luck. It’s consistent, you’re either lucky or unlucky.

Ryan Cox Logue
Wilson McGovern Young
Bobby Hill Fyfe Frederick
Henry Darling Serong
Naughton Tabs Liam Ryan
Darcy Kelly Brayshaw
Mundy, Tucker , Chapman, Western. Pearce, Hamling.
Side we could have had if we took the WA boys available to us.
I think Cerra and Sturt would be the two we had to miss out on

Ryan Cox Logue
Wilson McGovern Young
Henry Darling Serong
Naughton Tabs Liam Ryan
Darcy Kelly Brayshaw

Cherry picking, you forgot to mention we’d have Devon Robertson ahead of Serong too.

Ryan Cox Logue
Wilson McGovern Young
Henry Darling Serong
Naughton Tabs Liam Ryan
Darcy Kelly Brayshaw

Not having a go at you here but how many of those did you actually want pre draft?

If I’m completely honest.

I remember wanting Darling but we chose Pitt.
I actually wanted Todd Marshall ahead of Logue.
If we’d drafted Marshall, I would’ve certainly wanted Naughton. I remember arguing with you we didn’t need another key defender.
McGovern I hadn’t heard of.
Bobby Hill I didn’t want. I still think we have too many short blokes on the list.
Wanted Kelly real bad the year he got draft but knew we weren’t getting him. Boy he looked a class above at WAFL level.
Never wanted Liam Ryan.
FWIW the player that impressed me most at WAFL level was Marlion Pickett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back