Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Bell will be putting his hat in the ring for the Nth CEO role. Believe he has the blessing of powerbrokers.

So in the past week Freo have:
  • Been knocked out of AFL finals;
  • Knocked my Souths out of WAFL finals;
  • Had a club legend play his last game;
  • Had half a dozen players either entertain or actively seek new homes;
  • Had an assistant coach leave;
  • Had rumours of the footy ops boss leave;
  • Had players wanting to return to WA but not categorically say they want to come to us.
  • EDIT: forgot to add - how the above have given sh*ttruck 'journalists' fuel for their doomshtick.
I know there's silver linings to much of this, but it just leaves my oversized novelty Flagmantle 2022 mug half empty.

With logue its not even the "go home factor." Its a "go away" factor

It is in his best interest. He , by the sounds of it , is $100G better off than with us and a three year deal.
Can do a lot with $300G.
5 year deal.

We would be totally irresponsible offering someone the calibre of Logue that sort of contract.

We'd end up disenfranchising half our list who would also expect 5 year contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Peter bells stubbornness to budge on contract offers is why we couldn't sign logue for cheap early in the season and why we couldn't secure acres. And then he decides to * off to another club and leave us with this mess... charming
Is the Bell thing confirmed?

What the ever loving * is going on , surely Bell is not bailing,apart from the supporters does anyone else give a * about this club

Bell too? Is this for real?

Also, if it is true, why is the *stick still in charge of our draft and list management strategy when he is potentially taking over a rival club? Oh yeah, and two of our ducking players are dying to get to the same rival club? It’s all kinds of ****ed up!
fennec fox sleeping GIF

Just a small sample to show the youngsters how its done. I could have gone on about the game, my ******* useless Uber driver or what a filthy stink hole Melbourne is, but it was past my bed time.

Everything was surpassed by the screening experience at Melbourne Airport anyway, which is somehow now worse than Sydney.

I'm just glad dementia will soon take these memories from me and I can relax, smile and drool into my soup peacefully.
I almost miss you Reg.

So Peter bells stubbornness to budge on contract offers is why we couldn't sign logue for cheap early in the season and why we couldn't secure acres. And then he decides to * off to another club and leave us with this mess... charming
There is another way of looking at this and that is that he has handled it well and keeping the list turning over so we don’t hit a wall in a year or two like some clubs

Maybe behind the doors they were confident with the quality of youth beneath guys like Logue and Acres and feel like they have it covered.

The rumours of Bell leaving shits me though , I hope there isn’t a rot setting in within the club for whatever reason , perhaps the Jackson trade has been divisive? Pure Speculation on my behalf .
Who knows

Time will tell I guess

The club needs to get an answer from Bell ASAP. But I tend to think he will stay.

If he is leaving we cut him off immediately. It would seem like a clear conflict of interest having him stick around, knowing in a few months he would be at a rival club.

Last edited:
The club needs to get an answer from Bell ASAP. But I tend to think he will stay.

If he is leaving we cut him off immediately. It would be a clear conflict of interest having him stick around, knowing in a few months he would be at a rival club.
Why is our club getting cucked so hard this season? If he leaves I hope the Clarko experiment fails big time leaving Logue and Bell holding the bag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back