Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't think you guys were that bad at all to be honest, won contested possessions/clearances but just couldn't find a target up forward to save yourselves. Wasn't a total massacre in the end. Considering injuries and opposition I'm not sure you could have asked for a heap more tonight.

Couple players had awful, awful games but there were decent signs from a bunch.

Certainly can't fault the effort.

Disposal was poor, but that's the tiredness.

Don't think you can really take too many negatives out of it, apart from specific players.

Crowley is a great forward. I don't know why we haven't tried that one more often.

There was some good things that came out of tonight's game. Crowley finding a role in the team, is one of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Johnson was s**t. Got a few cheap touches when the Pies started tailing off, and made some absolute howlers, but people will point to his 17 possessions and say it is the best he has played in weeks. Great.

The real depressing thing about this game is that it exposed how bad the coaching has been all season. Anthony offers more in defence than Johnson (and probably most positions). Spoils, attacks the contest, uses the ball well. One has played three games, the other 21.

Our midfield has been s**t all season, but this is probably our worst on paper midfield lineup, and it goes out and matches the league leaders in two key midfield stats.

I think this game showed that we have the talent core to be successful - but I am really worried about the nous in the box.

lol @ the fact Fremantle are going to re-sign Crowley and Johnson

Pretty obvious you have ADHD. Were you drooling when you wrote that?

113f578a-6de1-4ab4-a47d-a9f8ea3e26aa.jpg

Well, Johnson was s**t. Got a few cheap touches when the Pies started tailing off, and made some absolute howlers, but people will point to his 17 possessions and say it is the best he has played in weeks. Great.

The real depressing thing about this game is that it exposed how bad the coaching has been all season. Anthony offers more in defence than Johnson (and probably most positions). Spoils, attacks the contest, uses the ball well. One has played three games, the other 21.

Our midfield has been s**t all season, but this is probably our worst on paper midfield lineup, and it goes out and matches the league leaders in two key midfield stats.

I think this game showed that we have the talent core to be successful - but I am really worried about the nous in the box.

I agree with all this. It's hard to know what was going on with Anthony in terms of his attitude or whatever but the guy can play in defence.
I've given up on Johnson. If ever we needed someone to stand up it was this year and he didn't give a yelp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back