Roast Vent Here

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon these last 3 games of 2011 could be very damaging, flogged in the last two with another possible flogging against the Bulldogs coming up, as bad as our injury toll has been i never thought we would fall to pieces the way we have after the WC game.

The thing that worries me is we still have plenty of spuds on the list, and some of the players that are skillful are soft.

bruzaar62

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
No one went to Zac Clarke after his great chase at the end of the third. Something very wrong.

Pretty sure Suban did,great chase from the big fella....didnt know he had the toe !!
I thought Subans
best game for a long time .....also showed good leadership qualities

freocuz

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Outside the norm
AFL Club
Fremantle
I watched tonight in a sort of "festival match" way. Enjoyed some good footy, laughed at the occasional comedy piece of play and managed a smile at some of the old timers strutting their stuff.

Hardly an unexpected result.

Oh, and Johnson is s**t.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
I actually enjoyed the game to a certain extent which was surprising. I knew we would lose by more than 50 points but at least we gave it a go. Went in hard, took some risks and a few of our players stood up.

Little vent of my own -

It was one small piece of play, Collingwood had just switched play in the back line and had 2 men on in the pocket.

As our zone shifted, Lower was the nearest Docker but Pearce who was running across signalled for Lower to cover the breaking C'Wood player.

Pearce then missed the tackle and just had no pace and they just waltzed it out.

Higs

Club Legend
May 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My vent is the Faulks injury. Not that is was avoidable and he showed great courage but footy can be damn harsh sometimes. He's playing his 2nd senior game and has looked really promising and it just sucks to see that happen

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
something is wrong with the decisions made by the coaches.

Fyfe started like a house on fire, only 2 be benched after a few mins.

when he returned he was still very good but he had lost his momentum.

who decides when players are benched?

does this all go back 2 the chris cuddly days? is the tail wagging the dog?

are the game time decisions made before the game? are they made by somebody watching the game or by a sports scientist looking at numbers?

i loved seeing Sandi rest forward btw

Oh and why the **** didn't we draft Fasolo?

Nothing against Fasolo but I reckon I could play for Collingwood atm and snag the odd goal. It is far easier for a player to perform in a strong side than a middle of the road/ struggling side and there is a list of players as long as I wish my dick was to prove my point

My only vent is against the sh*tstain pie bitch sitting a few rows behind me.

The Collingwoooood chant with the emphasis on the wrong parts was slightly annoying but I concentrated on the game. The woo woos were high pitched and highly annoying but I gritted my teeth. What I couldn't stand for was her "another one bites the dust" comment after Faulks went down, so I turned around and challenged her on it. She claimed somebody else said it first and she was only repeating it and was quiet for about ten minutes after I gave her the death stare.

****ing ferals.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Not really much to vent about for me. Like many others I've said all along that I can handle losing if I feel like the players are putting in the required intensity.

Well tonight I thought we did. We were just massively outclassed by a brilliant outfit who seem to be able to score at will every time they touch the ball.

I actually quite enjoyed the game. We went in pretty hard and fought it out pretty well with the personnel we had left, while at the same time it was a pleasure to watch the Collingwood machine in action.

To be honest given the lack of personnel and the side the Pies were putting out there, everyone thought this would be a massacre. I think you can take some positives from the game this week as opposed to last weeks for next season, in terms of having a crack against stronger opposition. Daisy is in trouble though, and if he gets a reprimand we know the MRP are in Eddie's pocket.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Nothing against Fasolo but I reckon I could play for Collingwood atm and snag the odd goal. It is far easier for a player to perform in a strong side than a middle of the road/ struggling side and there is a list of players as long as I wish my dick was to prove my point

The above is spot on.

To give you another example... Peake....

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
something is wrong with the decisions made by the coaches.

Fyfe started like a house on fire, only 2 be benched after a few mins.

when he returned he was still very good but he had lost his momentum.

who decides when players are benched?

I heard that Fyfe injured his shoulder.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
Little vent of my own -

It was one small piece of play, Collingwood had just switched play in the back line and had 2 men on in the pocket.

As our zone shifted, Lower was the nearest Docker but Pearce who was running across signalled for Lower to cover the breaking C'Wood player.

Pearce then missed the tackle and just had no pace and they just waltzed it out.

I've already put a red line through Clancee, not up to it IMO.

Kickett Punches Read

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2008
dullsville
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Mandurah Football Club
well in my own mind i gave the pies a 100 point head start, so im considering last night a win of some sorts. we were never going to get close with so many of our best out and so many spuds in (johnson, schammer, pearce....)

i will vent about faulks copping a bad injury, sucks that happend, showd great courage, and i like the boy, looks a player

another thing, that thomas will probably get suspended. i wont the pies at 100% and firing for west coast. nothing short of a west coast humiliation will satisfy me...

on the plus side, i have 7 sides to go for in the finals so that some good odds for a win

Back