Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but there's a massive bunch of the supporter base who love MJ. I can't figure it.

Are you sure you aren't just making that up?

I challenge you to find one.

If you manage, to we'll ensure the poor b*stard is admitted to Greylands to get the treatment they sorely need. They'd need to be utterly, utterly delusional. Or he's sorted them out for gear at some point. Nothing else makes any sense.

P.S. The coaching team are inadmissible.

And that's the question isn't it? How much better do Collingwood develop their players?
Or... how easier is it to step into a side that has lost one game all year. He is playing as a forward in the highest scoring team in the comp. Ballantyne would be on track for a Coleman in that side.

Can't believe I forgot, look up yakamoto. Always on hand to defend Johnson.
Poor sod gets to be the fill in man...must make it hard particularly when you are struggling for form. Is he that bad? I see him do some good things when forward. The problem in dropping him is that you are struggling for key position players.

Poor sod gets to be the fill in man...must make it hard particularly when you are struggling for form. Is he that bad? I see him do some good things when forward. The problem in dropping him is that you are struggling for key position players.

This is a fair point. Whilst he does need to lift his output (and the high-fives after Friday's out of bounds made me cringe) surely part of his poor form can be attributed to the fact that he is being played all over the place.

Whilst Johnson has been lucky to remain in the team, he is not the only one whose form seems to have dropped partly because of constant positional change. Lower, Palmer, Pavlich, Mayne and Ballyntyne spring to mind.

Put into context, this is so much more than Johnson being lazy as many are offering. To me, the greater concern is that Johnson - and many others - were given little chance to develop team structures during this season. And I don't fully buy into the whole injury thing - at least equally to blame is the coaching panel's decision to play Russian roulette with team structures.

Are you sure you aren't just making that up?

I challenge you to find one.

If you manage, to we'll ensure the poor b*stard is admitted to Greylands to get the treatment they sorely need. They'd need to be utterly, utterly delusional. Or he's sorted them out for gear at some point. Nothing else makes any sense.

P.S. The coaching team are inadmissible.

Check out any thread relating to him over the last few years.

Stock standard "has more talent in his little toe than X,Y,Z. Better player than every single player on our list" etc.

Check out any thread relating to him over the last few years.

Stock standard "has more talent in his little toe than X,Y,Z. Better player than every single player on our list" etc.

I'm afraid to look.

Everyone knows the bloke has talent. He just needs a heart transplant.

I wouldn't even mind him playing in the team if he actually got dropped back to the WAFL and burned the place up to earn his spot. That's the thing that sh*ts me the most. I reckon MJ would be the type to respond to being dropped. He cruises. He only just does enough. That's the problem.

The more I think about it the more I think that the MJ hate stems from Harvey's favouritism. After a fair bit of pondering, like Crowley I wouldn't mind him staying on our list, if only for depth, but would only want him playing if he's in great form and has proven it in the WAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet Johnson was getting high fives for shanking a kick OOF?

Something very wrong!

I didn't understand the high fives at all. Professional sport or not, that deserves ridicule from teammates, not encouragement. I hope he cops it at training all week.

I didn't understand the high fives at all. Professional sport or not, that deserves ridicule from teammates, not encouragement. I hope he cops it at training all week.

Seems to happen all the time. Even after a mistake or when a player gets easily beaten and a goal against results, everybody goes around slapping each other's palms like they've done a good job. :confused:

Didn't understand it either, Johnson should have been so dirty on himself he should have run straight past any high fives, back pats etc. Lacks that killer instinct, as do most of our players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back