Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll always remember that Kangaroos game for the "They're a good team" comment by Bruce. Real good sound bite.

He also said something like "they're gonna be hard to beat" which felt poetic after a Roos fan going by that very username had spent the week trolling our board.

Didn't think you guys were that bad at all to be honest, won contested possessions/clearances but just couldn't find a target up forward to save yourselves. Wasn't a total massacre in the end. Considering injuries and opposition I'm not sure you could have asked for a heap more tonight.

Couple players had awful, awful games but there were decent signs from a bunch.

This comment still relevant 9 years on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went over for this game and it was awesome until I got to Nixon’s bar after the game.

I got ushered over to a group by Scott Gooch who introduced me to Steve Harris. Of course we were all
pumped and celebrating. Scott introduced me to Steve Harris who turned his back on me and wouldn’t accept
my handshake.
So, I acknowledged Scott’s gesture and made my way back to my son at the bar.
Rick Hart who was in the group with Harris witnessed the snub and came over to me and said to me “ look don’t worry
too much about that . These things can happen”. Rick then proceeded to discuss the great game and then apologised
for what had occurred.
Steve Harris was just the most arrogant prick ever at Freo.

I went over for this game and it was awesome until I got to Nixon’s bar after the game.

I got ushered over to a group by Scott Gooch who introduced me to Steve Harris. Of course we were all
pumped and celebrating. Scott introduced me to Steve Harris who turned his back on me and wouldn’t accept
my handshake.
Rick Hart who was in the group with Harris witnessed the snub and came over to me and said to me “ look don’t worry
too much about that . These things can happen”. Rick then proceeded to discuss the great game and then apologised
for what had occurred.
Excuse my ignorance, but why would someone (Harris) do that?

Excuse my ignorance, but why would someone (Harris) do that?

Was wondering the same thing. At the time of the Lyon signing, I sent Harris a message (supportive as the media were all over the club and Lyon at the time - remember Whatley's outrage!). He sent me a nice response that was more than 'thanks for your support'.

my handshake.
for what had occurred.
If was the president and saw that, I would have marched the guy out of the organisation.

Organisation don’t need cancer even if the person is talented.

If was the president and saw that, I would have marched the guy out of the organisation.

Organisation don’t need cancer even if the person is talented.
Steve Harris should have matched himself out of the organisation?

my handshake.
for what had occurred.
Or you were a campaigner about something and deserved it. What's the other part of this story that you're conveniently leaving out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back