Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll tell you what too, I'm sick of these Sunday fixtures. We only had the 5 Sundays' last year, but already have 4 in a row. Does my ******* head in having to wait until the end of the round, after watching some good football, to end it with watching us dish up garbage.

The side consisted today of one injured KPF, 2 average rucks with one who is as slow as treacle pretending to be a forward , a Key back who is the same size as a big mid and the rest comprising of mids, half back flankers and small forwards.
I think that is the most undersized side I can remember. What did the dumb **ck selectors think was going to happen.
Selection for today's game was a total brain fart.
I knew we would get blown away . A blind miner could see that.
That's twice in 3 games that the coaching panel have stuffed up and the win was a lucky romp over sub standard opposition.
What were they thinking? That playing a 194cm tall would make us too slow ...

Last edited:

Weren’t prepared?? Were our players staying on Mars during the week? Of course Carlton were getting bagged, that’s why you prepare and galvanise yourselves. We did the opposite.

Have a beer mate. Deep breath in , deep breath out. ;)

I'll tell you what too, I'm sick of these Sunday fixtures. We only had the 5 Sundays' last year, but already have 4 in a row. Does my ******* head in having to wait until the end of the round, after watching some good football, to end it with watching us dish up garbage.

They try to hide us because our games are so crap, we haven’t played in a genuinely good game of footy for ages.
Funny with the rolling fixture this year we could have had a chance to lift ourselves out of the s**t fixturing but we’re more irrelevant than ever so you can expect Sunday’s for the rest of the year, they’d stick us at midnight on a Monday if they could.

If they lose to the Hawks at home, then questions will be asked of longmuir and Bell! Upside is we actually do have good assistants for a change

Speaking of assistants, anyone think that Josh Kennedy would make an assistant, probably his last year up the road. * Hale off and put him in charge of the forwards.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

My biggest worry is that our defensive game plan is not adaptive to the increased ball movement. Having said that though, we were murdered out of the centre square so hard to tell.

Just a wash of a game to be honest. The good news is that Giro/Frederick look way better than Acres on a wing. Hopefully when Tucker returns, we can have Aish/Giro/Frederick as the wings and Acres can play at Peel as he offers nothing when the going is tough.

Game day coaches need to take a look at the opposition interviews just prior to bounce. Yesterday Teague was asked about Freo midfield and he said outright they would target Brayshaw and Serong. Freo should have seen this coming from the outset and not after the match.

Game day coaches need to take a look at the opposition interviews just prior to bounce. Yesterday Teague was asked about Freo midfield and he said outright they would target Brayshaw and Serong. Freo should have seen this coming from the outset and not after the match.
I really think it’s time either Conca or Hughes are used as midfield taggers, you don’t want both in the backline.

I really think it’s time either Conca or Hughes are used as midfield taggers, you don’t want both in the backline.
Brayshaw was always going to feel the heat , you get good you get hammered .
Blakely being a bust is such a disappointment as he was perfect for the role of block and tag in the guts to cover Fyfe when our or forward.

Hughes is a good option .
I liked the way he played yesterday.

He probably should have replaced Serong in the centre once we started getting belted there and Serong could have taken Giro spot on the wing

Brayshaw was always going to feel the heat , you get good you get hammered .
Blakely being a bust is such a disappointment as he was perfect for the role of block and tag in the guts to cover Fyfe when our or forward.

Hughes is a good option .
I liked the way he played yesterday.

He probably should have replaced Serong in the centre once we started getting belted there and Serong could have taken Giro spot on the wing
Yep, we haven’t looked consistently good since Crowley.
When we played on the edge of nastiness you could see the swagger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, we haven’t looked consistently good since Crowley.
When we played on the edge of nastiness you could see the swagger.

Dont forget Ballas, supporters underestimate his toughness and aggressive manner.
His courage must have motivated his tem mates.
There is no one in the side at the minute that comes close to Crowley and Ballas.

I was gonna vent about a 2500 word style essay, a raging, manic; over-zealous, ridiculously over-the-top hyperbolic emotional sludgefest monologue of the infuriations of being a Dockers fan and all the shortcomings we've experienced, the perpetual, indomitable pains of 25+ years.................but really, what's the f***ing point....?! Different year, same s**t.

I can't be arsed.

*Contender for the worst Vent ever*

Glad I have other hobbies and passions. As you were, Tortured Ones

Do we deserve a Saturday night fixture? At least Freo only ruins the end of my weekend and not the start of it.

Dont forget Ballas, supporters underestimate his toughness and aggressive manner.
His courage must have motivated his tem mates.
There is no one in the side at the minute that comes close to Crowley and Ballas.
Agreed. Ballas was a leader. Fought for everything he earned and bleed purple.

Ballas, Crowley, Josh car, kicket, cookie.
We don't seem to have any player with that intent these days.
Darcy had it in his first couple of games before Lyon cut his balls off.
Treacy is probably recovering from surgery now.. 😉

I'd honestly ******* hate it if we got our own Making our Mark, because it'd expose the lack of fire we have addressing the players and how much less professional we are compared to clubs like Richmond, West Coast etc. Even showed how professional Gold Coast have bloody become off field under Dew.

It would be pretty good at the same time though because it would at least expose the holes we have in our club.

Ballas, Crowley, Josh car, kicket, cookie.
We don't seem to have any player with that intent these days.
Darcy had it in his first couple of games before Lyon cut his balls off.
Treacy is probably recovering from surgery now.. 😉

There have been a lot of criticism of Lyon some true and some bullshit but saying Lyon milked the aggression out of Darcy is the ultimate WTF comment.

I was gonna vent about a 2500 word style essay, a raging, manic; over-zealous, ridiculously over-the-top hyperbolic emotional sludgefest monologue of the infuriations of being a Dockers fan and all the shortcomings we've experienced, the perpetual, indomitable pains of 25+ years.................but really, what's the f***ing point....?! Different year, same sh*t.

I can't be arsed.

*Contender for the worst Vent ever*

Glad I have other hobbies and passions. As you were, Tortured Ones
That's the way i've seen it for years now, if they won't put the effort in - why should you or I to even vent properly..!

My worry is that we've had '2 reality checks' in 3 games.

Is it just an away game thing? If Hawks get us at home this weekend the knives will be out.
If the Hawks beat us at home, with the additions of Fyfe and Sturt, I'll have serious reservations about J-Lo's ability to inspire the team/the determination of said team.

There have been a lot of criticism of Lyon some true and some bullshit but saying Lyon milked the aggression out of Darcy is the ultimate WTF comment.
I thought the lad showed a lot of fire in his first couple of games. Like a big ballantyne. I think he came back from his first suspension like a wet blanket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back