Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever made the decision to match Carlton's bid for Henry needs to take a good hard look in the mirror. Not Henry's fault, but after 19 games across 2 years averaging 8.4 disposals per game he obviously isn't good enough. What a waste of pick 9 in the draft when there were tall forwards available who could kick straight.
Awful post. Henry looks like a kid and is going to develop nicely. He had no pre season first year he was drafted. Another pre season and putting on 5-10 kgs and he’ll blossom.
Imagine having to play your first few games in the absolute joke of a forward line at Fremantle. Yikes

I gotta admit I’m a bit worried about Henry.
With a fully fit list he is nowhere near B22 in my opinion. I hope he can improve his tackling and pressure in the pre season - that’s mainly attitude and desire.
needs to put an extra 5kg of muscle on at least.
He needs to improve his decision making in possession. I realise this comes with gametime but he sometimes over complicated things.
he also often doesnt seem to kick through the ball with real power and conviction? Its like looking at a child floating passes to other guys in slow motion.
finally - how quick really is he? Certainly not what you’d call a speedster like say - Travis Colyer or the likes.
I think he can be a really good player but there is a hell of a long way to go. At the moment he’s a boy playing a mans game.
Clearly was bid on far too early by those tossers at Carlton 😡

Oh, were you the Freo supporter there, Reggie ?

What an awful game at an awful venue with awful camera angles and Dwayne Russell.
There were a few more than just me. A group of kids below me were chanting and cheering all day, poor buggers.

First time at Hobart. It's an OK suburban venue, not up to capital city standard. Never. Going. Again.

There were a few more than just me. A group of kids below me were chanting and cheering all day, poor buggers.

First time at Hobart. It's an OK suburban venue, not up to capital city standard. Never. Going. Again.
Thanks for turning up to show the support.

With a fully fit list he is nowhere near B22 in my opinion. I hope he can improve his tackling and pressure in the pre season - that’s mainly attitude and desire.
He needs to improve his decision making in possession. I realise this comes with gametime but he sometimes over complicated things.
he also often doesnt seem to kick through the ball with real power and conviction? Its like looking at a child floating passes to other guys in slow motion.
finally - how quick really is he? Certainly not what you’d call a speedster like say - Travis Colyer or the likes.
I think he can be a really good player but there is a hell of a long way to go. At the moment he’s a boy playing a mans game.

I am also concerned with Henry. I know he is young and needs some weight but he doesn't seem to have a good awareness and his disposal is terrible. He has been gifted games all year so I really hope he comes good because at the moment he is not contributing much at all.

Agreed. Miles off it. 2 seasons in and he hasn't show much at all.

Far too timid, poor fitness. He clearly isn't a forward as he has very little goal sense. The bigger worry is his skills, his disposal is ordinary and his decision making isn't that much better.

He's got a great attitude and sounds like he's got his head screwed on so I'm hoping he gives it everything this off-season.

I reckon that was my boy and his mate.😂 Was it Freo Dockers to the tune of 'we will rock you'?

Let him build up a tank, put on 5kg and throw him on a wing next to Freddy. Than we'll see what he's really made of.

I reckon that was my boy and his mate.😂 Was it Freo Dockers to the tune of 'we will rock you'?
Yeah, that's the one. The only highlight of the day.

I am also concerned with Henry. I know he is young and needs some weight but he doesn't seem to have a good awareness and his disposal is terrible. He has been gifted games all year so I really hope he comes good because at the moment he is not contributing much at all.
Henry beds to spend the off season watching videos of Kosie Picket. His work ethic off the ball is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we at risk of becoming a feeder club for the rest of the competition, or are we already there?

Discuss...
We only feed the **** clubs though. The good clubs don't want our players.

Weller -> GC
Neale -> Brisbane (finished 14th or whatever that year)
Hill -> Saints
Cerra -> Carlton?

Don't get drafted to us if you just want us to be a stepping stone to a good team.

Weller -> GC
Hill -> Saints
Cerra -> Carlton?

Don't get drafted to us if you just want us to be a stepping stone to a good team.
Langdon -> Melbourne (finished 17th that year)
Crozier -> Dogs (finished 10th that year after winning GF year before)

Weller -> GC
Hill -> Saints
Cerra -> Carlton?

Langdon -> Melbourne (finished 17th that year)
Crozier -> Dogs (finished 10th that year after winning GF year before)
So we should definitely ask for their future 1st then? :) Could be pick #1?

can we just fast forward 2 months to after trade period. this seems like it’ll be the main deal of the trade period and i really don’t want it to drag on and all the s**t chat around it

can we just fast forward 2 months to after trade period. this seems like it’ll be the main deal of the trade period and i really don’t want it to drag on and all the sh*t chat around it
I don't want to miss out on this year's equivalent of "Soap? For tradies?" on trade radio. We're gonna do the whole thing nice and slow.

I don't want to miss out on this year's equivalent of "Soap? For tradies?" on trade radio. We're gonna do the whole thing nice and slow.
but then we get months of nuffies proposing 3 team trades that will go along the lines of
Fremantle
In: Some s**t/mediocre WA player/s
Out: Cerra

Carlton:
In: Cerra
Out: Pick 6

Side the caller supports
In: Pick 6
Out: s**t/mediocre WA players

my brain may explode after 2 months of this

Are we at risk of becoming a feeder club for the rest of the competition, or are we already there?

Discuss...
Totally yes I think
My greatest fear as a supporter .
If we rise it has to be quick , like 3 years window quick and all the planets need to line up .
That’s why we all need to understand that success ( of any sort) at this club means a hell of a lot more than most others .
Pretty much every other club other than maybe the SA ones has either had a hand up , money in the bank , history , location , contacts , network...... you name it go their way .
We are truly grass roots , love it or leave it . I’ve never really liked the well worn path so I’m sticking true.

( is this the positivity thread ?)

Discuss...

There is a worrying pattern of not being able to identify which players are willing to stay here long term. The club needs to accept that we don’t offer good long-term prospects for some players. Whether it’s location, prestige, post-career opportunities, we haven’t been able to provide sufficient incentive to retain some high quality players. If we are honest we need to accept that we will never be that club. We are not in Melbourne, we do not have the power of WC and the ability to change either of these circumstances is for the former impossible and for the latter so highly improbable that it might as well be impossible.

So as far as I can see it the way forward is to focus heavily on development and accept that we will lose some players. This can be mitigated by cutting out the terrible trades in and being more careful in gauging the prospect of players being retained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back