Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear you.

I thought i would be 'okay' with it, tried to rationalise it all to minimise the pain (we'll get good compo, theres quality WA guys at our picks, he's not even our most important young mid, he doesn't have the will to win that others have, he's entitled to do what's best for himself, he'll languish at Carlton, he's soft and apathetic etc etc) but now that it's finally eventuated i'm actually shattered. It's not quite the end of the world, but it's undeniably a huge setback for a team that is meant to be nearing the end of a rebuild.

We've invested 4 years into him and now, just as he's about to explode, he drops us like a sack of sh*t and nominates ******* Carlton of all teams because he misses Mums spaghetti. get absolutely farrked

Maybe it's recency bias but it stings a lot more than Neale.
I'm at peace with it now, and as long as we don't falter and regress next season, all will be well. However, I do resent the fact that said player postponed what was obviously a long established "decision", under the guise of "I'm currently just concentrating on the task at hand, which is to enable Fremantle to play finals football" and other such cliched reasonings. Just state your intentions right from the outset - don't waste the club's and supporters' precious time, and tarnish your character in the process!

I'm at peace with it now, and as long as we don't falter and regress next season, all will be well. However, I do resent the fact that said player postponed what was obviously a long established "decision", under the guise of "I'm currently just concentrating on the task at hand, which is to enable Fremantle to play finals football" and other such cliched reasonings. Just state your intentions right from the outset - don't waste the club's and supporters' precious time, and tarnish your character in the process!

I get people are mad but show me an example in AFL where a player has done this, ever.

It’s much cleaner for both parties for the player to stay quiet and talk in cliches and then part ways at the end of the season, like every leaving player does.

I get people are mad but show me an example in AFL where a player has done this, ever.

It’s much cleaner for both parties for the player to stay quiet and talk in cliches and then part ways at the end of the season, like every leaving player does.

I seem to remember Dangerfield leaving Adelaide for Geelong was no secret but not sure of the exact details now tbh.

Dangerfield played his heart out to the end for the Crows so he certainly didn't put the cue back in the rack there.

Cerra kept his decision quite and played to his ability with some of his better games coming in the last part of 2021. It still sucks that he is leaving however.

I seem to remember Dangerfield leaving Adelaide for Geelong was no secret but not sure of the exact details now tbh.

Dangerfield played his heart out to the end for the Crows so he certainly didn't put the cue back in the rack there.

Cerra kept his decision quite and played to his ability with some of his better games coming in the last part of 2021. It still sucks that he is leaving however.

It was no big secret, but just checking out some old headlines and it was very similar to Cerra. I.e. dealing with the contract end of year, just focusing on footy, teammates think he will stay etc.
Same story time and time again.

1629935766155.png

Generally ok about Cerra leaving based on the hope of good trade value.
If we don't get 2400 pts worth of picks for Cerra but rather some no hope steak knives I'll be back to vent.

GWS were happy to lose Wilson and Lobb for their salary cap squeeze and got good compo for them, Hamling was a rookie pick at the Dogs who played in a flag for them. Pretty different

And we drafted Cerra who was a Vic Metro kid with an Italian background. It was always a risk and we took a punt. Doesn’t always work to our advantage.

I am sorry to lose him, but he is not the only fish in the ocean.Maybe we hook a bigger one witht he deal we do.
I understans his want to go home.As should all who have kids or family the other side that we can not get to see.
One door shuts, another door opens.
This last bit has nothinbg to do with Cerra, but
I am sure that we are also going to get the usual we shoulda keot this one, we shoulda kept that one or another,when during the season the same ones will have been complaaing about the slackers.
It is Fremantle thing.Or is it a Fremantle thing.either way I am not sure.
I swear that some would prefer us to go back to the 90s and not go anywhere.
Footy clubs have to move forward and that means moving on players that are not going to take us into the future.

Last edited:

No one wants to be booed by their own Fans before they leave. Save it for the return match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ate the people who are annoyed at Cerra also cross at Lobb, Wilson, Hamling, etc for joining us?
Yeah, they're on big bucks, Hamling can't get on the park, Lobb sucks and Wilson is a squib. Next question?

I was about to say after that Brisbane game I'm pretty f***ing mad Wilson joined

Just checking, is the issue with Wilson about what happened in goal square? If it is I can tell you categorically he coped a big hit. We sit in Lvl2 behind the goals and the crunching sound was horrific. I was surprised there wasn’t broken bones. Take it for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Just checking, is the issue with Wilson about what happened in goal square? If it is I can tell you categorically he coped a big hit. We sit in Lvl2 behind the goals and the crunching sound was horrific. I was surprised there wasn’t broken bones. Take it for what it’s worth.

Crunching sound? I'm front row at ground level and heard nothing. I would have been a lot closer than you were.

Probably the Gobbledok

And we drafted Cerra who was a Vic Metro kid with an Italian background. It was always a risk and we took a punt. Doesn’t always work to our advantage.

I think what gets me is that we took said Vic Metro kid instead of a WA kid named Naughton who went at 9. I totally get that hindsight is always 20/20 and Cerra was probably the better rated player at the time, but the great teams take risks that pay off. The Packers gave up a first round draft picks for some back up quarterback on the Atlanta Falcons who was drafted in the second round with pick 33 the year before. At that point, that guy had attempted only four passes for no completions and 2 interceptions. He was no one.

That guy was named Brett Favre and went on to lead my Packers out of the sad state that was the 1970's and 80's and become a hall of fame QB (also the all time leader in interceptions, but I try not to think about that...)

These kinds of trades don't happen often because they are hard to pull off. It takes balls and a keen eye. It would be nice to see Freo to pull off something with this kind of flair and creativity and skill. The Tracey pick has the potential to be a pick that plays above where he was drafted, but we need a couple more to help solidify our forward line and get us playing finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back