Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m by no means and Eagles supporter, however when you see both WA clubs at rock bottom it’s a sad state of affairs. Usually one is going well if the other is struggling. Hard to see either side turn it around anytime soon. It will take years.

Yeah nah. Their ongoing shitfulness is the one silver lining for me this year

Why has the club never publicly admitted their trade mistakes? The first step to resolving an issue, is acknowledging the problem.

I miss Jess Sinclair

But yeah.
If we were heading towards a window why would you strengthen your fellow window competitors.
It's far beyond dumb.

NBA teams don’t sell/trade with their main rivals for the title. Belly simply gives his competitors presents every year. Why consent to Lobb going to the dogs? Send him to the Hawks or Norf.

As it stands none of these events have made us better, but they have made the other team better:
  • Cerra for pick 6 (Amiss)
  • Acres for a lottery ticket
  • Jackson for 2 firsts, future second, Melb lost nothing as they got Grundy for basically future second only
  • Neale trade. Nuff said. Ended up with nothing from it.

That’s three of the current top 6 we made stronger, whilst making ourselves weaker. FU Belly/Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

NBA teams don’t sell/trade with their main rivals for the title. Belly simply gives his competitors presents every year. Why consent to Lobb going to the dogs? Send him to the Hawks or Norf.

As it stands none of these events have made us better, but they have made the other team better:
  • Cerra for pick 6 (Amiss)
  • Acres for a lottery ticket
  • Jackson for 2 firsts, future second, Melb lost nothing as they got Grundy for basically future second only
  • Neale trade. Nuff said. Ended up with nothing from it.

That’s three of the current top 6 we made stronger, whilst making ourselves weaker. FU Belly/Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You can take the Cerra one out of it. We tried desperately from the start to do everything we could to keep him, and he left anyway because we weren't in melbourne. Pick 6 --> KPF is a fair return for him and made sense.

The other three though are ****ed. Why we needed to give away two firsts and a second for an uncontracted player is beyond me.

Ah but you see, it turns out Hawks and Norf are actually the rivals at our level. Belly playing 4D chess.

The issue is our recruiting, still no key forwards, we had opportunity over the years. Darling, Allen, Van Rooyen, Naughton, Georgiadis. All WA boys that we over looked for what ever reason. We did not learn that selling the farm for one player does not work (Hogan). Jackson will be a good player for us for many years but at what cost. Drafting O'Meara was a huge step back 4 year deal on big $$$. Surely that money should have been spent on retaining best 22 players like Logue & Acres.
Unless our kids Erasmus, Amiss, Johnson, Henry, come on we are doomed as we have no draft capital left.

The issue is our recruiting, still no key forwards, we had opportunity over the years. Darling, Allen, Van Rooyen, Naughton, Georgiadis. All WA boys that we over looked for what ever reason. We did not learn that selling the farm for one player does not work (Hogan). Jackson will be a good player for us for many years but at what cost. Drafting O'Meara was a huge step back 4 year deal on big $$$. Surely that money should have been spent on retaining best 22 players like Logue & Acres.
Unless our kids Erasmus, Amiss, Johnson, Henry, come on we are doomed as we have no draft capital left.
Imagine what Ross Lyon would do with our list

Yet the Pies keep winning without that Messiah key position?
Just proves you can build a forward line without selling the farm.
Our issue is that we don’t know our backyard well enough to find those second rounders who will be quality.
That and their small, medium talls are
elite. Value there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people rate Darling here? Seems to be a whipping boy for most of their supporters. I think he is decent..good lead, crashes the pack. Obviously Allen be better but he isn't so bad

Do people rate Darling here? Seems to be a whipping boy for most of their supporters. I think he is decent..good lead, crashes the pack. Obviously Allen be better but he isn't so bad
When you’ve got a forward line like ours having Darling would be like having Tony Lockett

Yet the Pies keep winning without that Messiah key position?
Just proves you can build a forward line without selling the farm.
Our issue is that we don’t know our backyard well enough to find those second rounders who will be quality.
That and their small, medium talls are
elite. Value there too.

Yep, a good forward line is more than having an icon key position tall. The Pies have a host of excellent forwards, not coincidentally very similar to the Tigers when Macrae was there but even better.

Bell operates with a certain degree of immunity, partly due to the GC fleecing and partly due to his nature, seems like a nice guy. Surely that immunity is coming to an end.

Everybody fleeces GC. Last year they GAVE AWAY pick 7 to Geelong, in order to take a (best 22) player off their hands who was too expensive.
They were salary dumping Will Brodie as well. It wasn’t due to some awesome negotiation skills by Bell.
If you list all the list management decisions made by Bell since he’s been here, we’re the ones who have been fleeced more often than not. I’m not sure why he should have any immunity at all.

Collingwood have De Goey though, someone said on here earlier you either need a gun forward line or that powerful goal kicking mid who changes games (which I agree with)

Does Erasmus have the ability to become a De Goey, Martin, Dangerfield type?

Not Raz, NOD.

In hindsight the last trade period is looking like a complete screwup.
We were a better team last year. If we’d kept Logue & Acres and paid them with what we’re giving Jackson plus kept the draft picks we’d actually be in a much better position to fill out our list build in this draft.
Should have passed on O’Meara too.
As it is we have big holes in our list & very little capital to fill them.
We desperately need some quality in the forward half & at least one more elite running/kicking wing.

BB
Everybody fleeces GC. Last year they GAVE AWAY pick 7 to Geelong, in order to take a (best 22) player off their hands who was too expensive.
They were salary dumping Will Brodie as well. It wasn’t due to some awesome negotiation skills by Bell.
If you list all the list management decisions made by Bell since he’s been here, we’re the ones who have been fleeced more often than not. I’m not sure why he should have any immunity at all.
Bell was slightly ahead before the jackson trade
He is now so far in deficit he can't keep up on the interest 😭

In hindsight the last trade period is looking like a complete screwup.
We were a better team last year. If we’d kept Logue & Acres and paid them with what we’re giving Jackson plus kept the draft picks we’d actually be in a much better position to fill out our list build in this draft.
Should have passed on O’Meara too.
As it is we have big holes in our list & very little capital to fill them.
We desperately need some quality in the forward half & at least one more elite running/kicking wing.

I think we'd actually be more than ok if we'd done the first part, and still got Jackson.

Given the age profile of our list there's no way we should be under cap pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back