Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we just found out today that The GC is China's favourite Western city in the whole world it's looking like a major win for us
Not sure any of the Shanghai locals will be running their fingers through their Funk and Wagnalls looking for things to do in Port Adelaide
God though look at that smog:eek::eek:
WTF with the Panda BTW ?
Sunny Ray be mad

Given we just found out today that The GC is China's favourite Western city in the whole world it's looking like a major win for us
Not sure any of the Shanghai locals will be running their fingers through their Funk and Wagnalls looking for things to do in Port Adelaide
God though look at that smog:eek::eek:
WTF with the Panda BTW ?
Sunny Ray be mad
The Panda is like rubbing salt in the wound

It's like saying if you love China, this is your team

Very pleasing
Just seems strange to me that Port wouldn't have pushed to at least be the ones in the Panda suit seeing as black and white are two of their colours and they wouldn't want all of the national pride effect to go to the Suns

But hey who's complaining

Just seems strange to me that Port wouldn't have pushed to at least be the ones in the Panda suit seeing as black and white are two of their colours and they wouldn't want all of the national pride effect to go to the Suns

They stuck with Grandpa Koala
"Listen sonny!I can tell ya stories about the days when Port were Kings of the World!"

Port are gonna ship up wang wang and funi as onfield ambassadors as part of the rookie category b selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Living in china now I say that the smog is only mildly depressing to walk through each day...and that although I realise port is involved in this for more than just trying to pick up some overseas supporters, the decision to include the suns is kind of questionable. Aside from the colours, the Gold Coast is the dream destination for most that go to to Australia, evident in that flights to the Gold Coast are about a third of the price than any other Australian city.

I don't like the drab panda costume. It'd be cool if they made it a "rainbow" / "sunny ray -esque" panda IMO.

Have a bit more fun with the design, basically.

edit: call it Sunny Panda.

Fun is not the Chinese way, dour, spiteful and communist, much like Mrs Bigun is the true way to enlightenment

Probably that way because she's married to me :(

Looks like the 2017 AFLW grand final could be played at Metricon...

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has revealed prospective plans for the AFLW grand final should it be played between two Melbourne teams, with Ikon Park to be the likely venue.

Foxfooty.com.au also understands the Gabba would host the decider if the Lions — the only other undefeated team — finished on top.

However, a series of Adele concerts scheduled for the Gabba could mean the grand final would be staged at Metricon Stadium if the Lions are the minor premiers.

It could easily serve as a lead-in to the round 1 QClash.

Once again I am concerned with the poor foot skills of Rory Thompson. I fully appreciate his positive attributes but the Lions game highlighted to me Thompson does not have foot skills that are good enough if the GCS are serious final contenders. His first option is a handball followed by a kick down the line and then a kick to the safe fat side. When he was sprinting out of defence and had to hit a target he found the opposition. My concern is not that single kick it is his ball drop. It is poor and means it is not reliable. You cannot carry footballers who can not kick to AFL standard. I know he is a favourite and by all accounts a ripper of a bloke but I am looking at the football aspect of Rory and not his character. I acknowledge he is unlikely to be dropped but I think his glaring inadequate foot skills are a major concern.

Melbourne Demons have made a giant leap in improvement. Thought it in their first game; second game looks like it isn't a fluke. Midfield looks big and dangerous. Backline looks coherent. Forward line has a tiny bit of sparkle (Jesse Hogan is a gun, but Garlett looks like 2017 could be his best year - form looks hot from those two games, so curious to see if he keeps it up).

Melbourne Demons have made a giant leap in improvement. Thought it in their first game; second game looks like it isn't a fluke. Midfield looks big and dangerous. Backline looks coherent. Forward line has a tiny bit of sparkle (Jesse Hogan is a gun, but Garlett looks like 2017 could be his best year - form looks hot from those two games, so curious to see if he keeps it up).
Should the Suns target Melbourne's secondary ruckman in Jake Spencer? He's a 27yo Queenslander and I think he may also be a free agent.

Should the Suns target Melbourne's secondary ruckman in Jake Spencer? He's a 27yo Queenslander and I think he may also be a free agent.
Yes, that bloke is awesome. He definitely impressed me (if we're talking about the same guy, the guy I have in mind had a beard and mini-afro-thing). I like how he throws his body around, definitely in the 'bulldozer ruckman' mould. I didn't realise he was that old, though - unfortunate - thought he might've been an emerging young star. Would still be worthy of having a crack at, though.

Yes, that bloke is awesome. He definitely impressed me (if we're talking about the same guy, the guy I have in mind had a beard and mini-afro-thing). I like how he throws his body around, definitely in the 'bulldozer ruckman' mould. I didn't realise he was that old, though - unfortunate - thought he might've been an emerging young star. Would still be worthy of having a crack at, though.
zHdynB6.jpg

This bloke? That is Jake Spencer, who grew up in Townsville.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back