Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

So after the bye, what are the thoughts for changes. For me it would be. In: Swallow, Ah Chee, Hanley, Rosa Out: Shaw/Schoenfield (one will play this week, I believe), Lemmens, Scheer, Bowes. I would give Rischa another week in the NEAFL before he comes back. McKenzie also could be available, but is he in our best 22? Interesting to see how we go if we can have our best team (besides Day) on the park

If no injuries do occur. Depth would be brilliant. Lemmens, McKenzie, Ainsworth, Brodie, Scrim, Bowes, Scheer, Shaw, Schoenfield, Hallahan, Fiorini/Rischa, Nicholls, Currie, Leslie and Brooksby.

So after the bye, what are the thoughts for changes. For me it would be. In: Swallow, Ah Chee, Hanley, Rosa Out: Shaw/Schoenfield (one will play this week, I believe), Lemmens, Scheer, Bowes. I would give Rischa another week in the NEAFL before he comes back. McKenzie also could be available, but is he in our best 22? Interesting to see how we go if we can have our best team (besides Day) on the park
Rischa will need more than one week in the Neafl you would think.. a month is more like it...

If he fixed all his deficiencies he'd be a brownlow medallist.

He's still an A-grade outside mid, and honestly the combination of him and Hanley is something I'd rather keep than not keep.

The issue with Hall are his deficiencies are attitudinal, self inflicted and basically ignoring the team defensive rules so that he can he can do what HE wants to do, which is chase kicks and get his metres gained up by kicking it long.

If you were able to watch him from a behind the goal angle you will notice that he doesn't set up in a team defensive structure, instead he sheep dogs it trying to get to an open position near where he thinks the ball is most likely to be turned over. The additional touches that he gets for himself by doing this costs the Suns in goals. I imagine that would be something that would not endear him to his teammates.

I prefer players that are consistent whether we are winning or losing by getting their own ball (e.g. Touk), as opposed to players who are overly reliant on getting a ton of handballs received, and looking for even cheaper ball when things are not going well to pad out even those numbers.

In saying all this he only needs to tweak his game a little to get some better balance into his game. Unfortunately as has been said by Thurls it seems he has been uncoachable and unwilling to change his ways.

Interesting with TMac
If he thinks he'll sit around waiting for fat offers to roll in from other Clubs he may find himself a victim of a few dodgy knees and ankles that have gone ahead of him
My opinion that Dixon was dogging it in his last season with us with his "ankle" becomes more concrete with every passing game btw

McKenzie is in our best 22.

Oh he is a way way better option than Leslie IMO
Leslie doesn't look like a modern footballer
So heavy in the lower body and slow as a wet week

I would suspect Thompson takes Leslies position , that leaves KK ,Harbs , JJ , Saad and Maysie , i can't see him getiing in there , can only see him fighting for that 3rd tall defender role with Leslie.

Anyone know any good afl podcasts?
Listening to a few already
Superfooty, afl exchange, fox footy, the rub and 2 guys 1 cup. Rarely do any of them get to the analysis of games or the system its all pretty much media hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know any good afl podcasts?
Listening to a few already
Superfooty, afl exchange, fox footy, the rub and 2 guys 1 cup. Rarely do any of them get to the analysis of games or the system its all pretty much media hype.
Junktime is pretty funny although don't listen to the last ep they didn't have the normal people on and they just ripped into the suns for 30 mins. The Suns central one is good which was posted on here. You can download the SEN radio shows as well.

Just seems like it would be inappropriate by the name alone.
Quite funny stars will anderson. So hence the comedic name. Usually always talking about the bulldogs though.

Junktime is pretty funny although don't listen to the last ep they didn't have the normal people on and they just ripped into the suns for 30 mins. The Suns central one is good which was posted on here. You can download the SEN radio shows as well.

Yep forgot to add junk time but they can be annoying just like any hawks supporters. What are the SEN ones?

Quite funny stars will anderson. So hence the comedic name. Usually always talking about the bulldogs though.

Yep forgot to add junk time but they can be annoying just like any hawks supporters. What are the SEN ones?
The SEN breakfast is sometimes good. Mike Sheehan on monday is pretty good. I don't listen to the other ones.

Gee Melbourne saw Scott Clayton coming in 2015. They were prepared to give away a future first rounder to climb up to 3 and be guaranteed Clayton Oliver. We also gave up pick 10.....
We got Ah Chee who I rate, but looking at teams drafting talls behind us, I think we would have got him anyway.
Ben Drever was all over Oliver at the time, yet he didn't impress Scott Clayton. You available to scout Ben??
If you didn't see Oliver's game on Saturday night in Adelaide have a look. Get Clayton to watch it with you.

Gee Melbourne saw Scott Clayton coming in 2015. They were prepared to give away a future first rounder to climb up to 3 and be guaranteed Clayton Oliver. We also gave up pick 10.....
We got Ah Chee who I rate, but looking at teams drafting talls behind us, I think we would have got him anyway.
Ben Drever was all over Oliver at the time, yet he didn't impress Scott Clayton. You available to scout Ben??
If you didn't see Oliver's game on Saturday night in Adelaide have a look. Get Clayton to watch it with you.
Where are Olivers second year blues?

Yeah, contested beast who loves to tackle.
My hope is Brodie turns out like that.

Brodie is effectively what we got last year from the Demons future pick.

He's got big shoes to fill if he's trying to be as good as Clayton Oliver.

My kingdom for a Clayton Oliver type player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back