Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

DD2P44_UIAAsfV5.jpg

Going off player ratings, 4 of our blokes there. Great to see. Sexton a nice surprise.

This is so far off topic, it's not funny. But I'm so thrilled, I just have to relate to someone who understands English, cause apart from my wife, no one in my village does.

My 15yo step-son, in his 1st trip away representing Thailand, has just finished runner-up in the U17 Freestyle Taekwondo comp. at the Korean Open International Taekwondo Competition, being held in Chuncheon, Sth Korea.
And to top it off, he was beaten by his best mate, also from the Banchang Taekwondo Club. So Banchang goes 1-2............yeeehah!!!!!!!

This is so far off topic, it's not funny. But I'm so thrilled, I just have to relate to someone who understands English, cause apart from my wife, no one in my village does.

My 15yo step-son, in his 1st trip away representing Thailand, has just finished runner-up in the U17 Freestyle Taekwondo comp. at the Korean Open International Taekwondo Competition, being held in Chuncheon, Sth Korea.
And to top it off, he was beaten by his best mate, also from the Banchang Taekwondo Club. So Banchang goes 1-2............yeeehah!!!!!!!

Congrats mate! Well done to the little fella :D:fire::fire::thumbsu:

A bit of an off topic one from me too but I think it's awesome that you care so much about your step son. My step mother basically raised me as my mum with my dad and I wouldn't be the person I am today without her.

A bit of an off topic one from me too but I think it's awesome that you care so much about your step son. My step mother basically raised me as my mum with my dad and I wouldn't be the person I am today without her.

Was she a campaigner too? :p:D:p

Thanks. I met my wife 13yrs ago, and took on her 2yo twins at the same time and haven't regretted one moment of it. And for Woropol to achieve something like this at an early age, makes me so proud. I am just as proud of his sister Wanlapa, who is progressing very well at her school studies. Cheers

Thanks. I met my wife 13yrs ago, and took on her 2yo twins at the same time and haven't regretted one moment of it. And for Woropol to achieve something like this at an early age, makes me so proud. I am just as proud of his sister Wanlapa, who is progressing very well at her school studies. Cheers
Are you retired over there or working?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question, what do we stand for as a club, what's our defining feature?

When i think of some clubs I think hard or Skillfull. What's the first word that comes to mind when you think of the Suns?
Amateurish is the first word.
Not all entirely our fault, but a lot is.

For me the word is excuses
I was as guilty of that as anyone during the first 5 years.
We are in a rebuild and people can sugarcoat it anyway they like to suggest otherwise.
Play the kids. Carlton are doing it. To say it could ruin them by playing too much early is nonsense.

The one word I think of is struggle.

Even when we're doing well (by our historical standards) it seems to be against the tide and despite ourselves. The team's natural state since inception just seems to be out of sorts, fumbly, unorganised...

The excuses come out of the woodwork when people (like the coach) try to rationalise it, because it just doesn't make a lot of sense that it persists over such a long period of time with such a high rate of turnover in the list. I've been left scratching my head so many times it's a miracle I don't look more like Rocket.

We're running out of excuses. These next two years are crucial. We managed to get two very, very good key personnel in Lynch and May. We also managed to grab a serviceable ruckman in Witts. Wright is only going to get better and in a couple years time he'll be a genuine monster.

It really comes down to our small stocks to lift now.

Again for those who've taken an interest, my wife's horse 'american summer' has got a start at Caulfield this Saturday, race 2 @ 12:20 number 12, 1200metre race. Definitely the biggest test to date, but the longer race will suit although coming out of barrier 1, she'll need to pick up the speed much better than previous starts, she's got a great finishing speed, but will need to be within striking distance to have any hope. Currently paying $26, and $6 place. I'll be having a big dip at the place, but won't be going as hard for the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back