Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's what I read, plus international rules games interstate aswell for a bloke who wants to be in Geelong he sure isnt spending much time there lol

On ZTE T84 using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair to Gaz, he's never played IR before and risked injury. I guess most of you have made your mind up on him, but I can't help but see him as an overall positive to the first 7 years of the Suns history. A lot like Brownlow Brad Hardie for the Bears was.

What makes my skin crawl is that GAblett Senior is the Out and out superstar and Club Champion of Geelong yet the Geelong club, town and especially its fans have dismally failed to intervene and successfully provide the resources to get around its champion and his family.
And we now have the deaths of Alisha Horan and Natasha Ablett.

Oh yeah and we have sickening self-righteousness from Welfare City.

So gross.
He doesn’t want help.. just wants to be left alone and live a sucluded life

Might as well scrub the 'where are they now' thread then. He's open slather like O'Meara is.
I was just hoping the "welfare city" terms would go once Ablett did. Comes off bitter to me that people still want talk about him the same way as when he was at the club. We all wanted to move on from the weekly Ablett sideshow which wasn't really a factor for O'Meara.

I was just hoping the "welfare city" terms would go once Ablett did. Comes off bitter to me that people still want talk about him the same way as when he was at the club. We all wanted to move on from the weekly Ablett sideshow which wasn't really a factor for O'Meara.

Are you expecting the “Plastic Franchise” terms or calls for us to be winded up and moved to Tasmania to stop occurring from their camp??

If that occurs then things can change. In the meantime they are fair game.

We never are so obnoxious as to call upon Them to literally not exist.

Threaten our right to exist and you will get resistance from those that love the GC.

PS-having said that I’m starting to embrace being called The Plastics. Makes winning all the more sweeter and embarrassing to our opponents.
EG when the plastics smashed the handbaggers last time they met

Last edited:
Are you expecting the “Plastic Franchise” terms or calls for us to be winded up and moved to Tasmania to stop occurring from their camp??

If that occurs then things can change. In the meantime they are fair game.

We never are so obnoxious as to call upon Them to literally not exist.

Threaten our right to exist and you will get resistance from those that love the GC.

PS-having said that I’m starting to embrace being called The Plastics. Makes winning all the more sweeter and embarrassing to our opponents.
EG when the plastics smashed the handbaggers last time they met
You said the other day you were happy it was over, why not let yourself move on? The Melbourne media think we are defined by Ablett, maybe show them we are not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a ******* ******

C'mon mate.....give him a break...he's in mourning......he lost a valued family member only a week ago......you know part of he personal problems he had, that he needed to break his contract......and needed to get home for.............oops.....sorry...did you say he was in the US.....

Man I wish I had the money for one of those hype tours. Ps. Abletts a flog but who cares about him anymore
I started a thread on the Bay on this, was promptly shut down. Probably fair enough too as I called him out about being in the US after the racket he made about needing to be home. I have zero respect for this guy now

I started a thread on the Bay on this, was promptly shut down. Probably fair enough too as I called him out about being in the US after the racket he made about needing to be home. I have zero respect for this guy now

Not forgetting his efforts at sorting out the family issues by going straight to the Maldives

Not forgetting his efforts at sorting out the family issues by going straight to the Maldives
He really is a s**t bloke, so disappointing we put all of our eggs in his basket and then re-signed him after seeing it first hand. You can only look back and think what if

Remembrance Day.
I know I'm going off a bit early but I came across this poem and thought it appropriate to post on our "off-topic" board.

I am not a badge of honour,
I am not a racist smear,
I am not a fashion statement,
To be worn but once a year,
I am not glorification
Of conflict or of war.
I am not a paper ornament
A token,
I am more.

I am a loving memory,
Of a father or a son,
A permanent reminder