Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

So this is our current membership tally, what does everyone think of this? Has on field performances impacted this number? Also does anyone know of this total the breakdown in membership numbers over each state, would be curious to see outside of QLD which states have the most members. I'm guessing VIC would be second. image.jpg

So this is our current membership tally, what does everyone think of this? Has on field performances impacted this number? Also does anyone know of this total the breakdown in membership numbers over each state, would be curious to see outside of QLD which states have the most members. I'm guessing VIC would be second. View attachment 522950

I read a lot of comments on the clubs Facebook when the fixture was announced that a lot of people weren’t going to become members at the start of the year because of no home games but since the recent form of the team I’m guessing they’re not even going to bother

I'm really looking forward to next Friday night's game.........Carlton v St.Kilda.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Quite amazing how incompetent the AFL have been with the scheduling of Friday night matches this year. Also shows how remarkably inept they are with forecasting the direction teams are heading in. Going on this, I’m not expecting any extra assistance for the bottom teams in the near future.

Dwayne Russell pisses me...
Quote from his commentary a moment ago.
" St Kilda have come back from a 30 point deficit to win before this season, but that was against the worst team in the competition Gold Coast "
This - only an hour after the real worst team in the comp (Carlton) lost horrendously to the Lions - another team Russell regularly dismisses in commentary..
Can't stand the facetious dropkick...

So this is our current membership tally, what does everyone think of this? Has on field performances impacted this number? Also does anyone know of this total the breakdown in membership numbers over each state, would be curious to see outside of QLD which states have the most members. I'm guessing VIC would be second. View attachment 522950

Can someone tell me where I can look up this number please?

You're putting up a good fight in the Herald Sun today Bods. :thumbsu:

I don’t have much time for it and the moderators so often don’t publish what you write so i absolutely hate having a crack in there but I have a bit of time.
There is a commenter in the News Ltd articles named “shirley” and she is utterly brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the last 2 mins of the GWS game over hearnin Spain and Prestia had a chance to hit a target to keep Richmond in it and of course shanked it, all those years at the Suns paid off

Yes I just watched it too
I got great enjoyment over that horrendous kick that Prestia the bandwagon jumper delivered when it really mattered too.
Suck a Meatball Prestia you are just another Ingrate Campaigner too.

Was at the Chairman's Club last night and The Coch alluded heavily to the fact that there will be a T20 team on the Coast with an announcement imminent?
The Chair of Stadiums Queensland was there too
Coch seemed to feel Lynch was gone I thought and said his next "battleground" was FA LOL
He was full of praise after talking about Lynch's probable defection- for Spitter Jnr- sadly though called him Andrew rather than David- at least 3 times!
Sat in front of him during the game and he loudly barracked for "David" every time he touched the ball
Someone obviously got in his ear

Was at the Chairman's Club last night and The Coch alluded heavily to the fact that there will be a T20 team on the Coast with an announcement imminent?
The Chair of Stadiums Queensland was there too
Coch seemed to feel Lynch was gone I thought and said his next "battleground" was FA LOL
He was full of praise after talking about Lynch's probable defection- for Spitter Jnr- sadly though called him Andrew rather than David- at least 3 times!
Sat in front of him during the game and he loudly barracked for "David" every time he touched the ball
Someone obviously got in his ear
When i had a meeting at the club a month ago i discussed the feasibility of a big bash team and i recieved the same "feeling" that it was very close to being a reality. As far as imminent announcement i wouldnt expect anything until the off season.

The Chair of Stadiums Queensland was there too.
When you say "there will be a T20 team on the Coast with an announcement immienent" - do you mean an existing BBL team (Brisbane Heat) playing a single game on the GC or do you mean an expansion side of our own who will play 4+ home games at Metricon each summer?

When you say "there will be a T20 team on the Coast with an announcement immienent" - do you mean an existing BBL team (Brisbane Heat) playing a single game on the GC or do you mean an expansion side of our own who will play 4+ home games at Metricon each summer?
I believe it has already been stated that brisbane heat will play at least 1 game at metricon over the next 2 summers. But the club is definitely trying to secure a gold coast franchise.

Watching the Carl v St.Kilda game, if Jed Lamb isn't the most non-talented irritating waste of AFL space, then I don't know who is....his needling tactics are something the AFL doesn't need, especially on a Friday night in their "game of the round"......rant over.
He got pinged for the eye gouging and only got one week. Naitanui got one week for landing on someone when tackling. Absolute joke. I can understand why a ball player like Houli belted him last year.

I believe it has already been stated that brisbane heat will play at least 1 game at metricon over the next 2 summers. But the club is definitely trying to secure a gold coast franchise.
This is definitely true. I just read an article that says the BBL will be expanding to 7 home games for each team next season so I imagine that will include a lot more regional games. I also think the Brisbane Heat will probably play a minimum of one regional game at Metricon this summer and possibly a game or two up in north QLD. As long as we get good crowds for both the T20 international in November and to this Brisbane Heat "home" game at Metricon then I think we'll be granted a BBL licence for our own team next year with a start date of season 2019-20.

I know the one major roadblock preventing us from securing a Brisbane Heat game at Metricon is the current stadium deal and SandyToes said the Chair of Stadiums QLD was there last night so I imagine we're very close to securing a viable deal for all parties.

This is definitely true. I just read an article that says the BBL will be expanding to 7 home games for each team next season so I imagine that will include a lot more regional games. I also think the Brisbane Heat will probably play a minimum of one regional game at Metricon this summer and possibly a game or two up in north QLD. As long as we get good crowds for both the T20 international in November and to this Brisbane Heat "home" game at Metricon then I think we'll be granted a BBL licence for our own team next year with a start date of season 2019-20.

I know the one major roadblock preventing us from securing a Brisbane Heat game at Metricon is the current stadium deal and SandyToes said the Chair of Stadiums QLD was there last night so I imagine we're very close to securing a viable deal for all parties.

There are a proportion of “us” Gold Coasters that despise everything that carries the name Brisbane.

There are a proportion of “us” Gold Coasters that despise everything that carries the name Brisbane.
I completely understand that but I think it's important to look at the bigger picture here. If we, Gold Coasters, come out in droves for the Brisbane Heat game at Metricon then Cricket Australia will have no option but to grant us our own BBL franchise. That's the end goal here.

The end goal certainly isn't for Brisbane to occasionally play games at Metricon and take our money. We want an authentic Gold Coast team to get behind but there are steps we must take to make that a reality. Metricon is a beautiful facility and deserves to be used all year round. 7 home games for a Gold Coast-based BBL franchise over the summer months certainly achieves that goal.

I completely understand that but I think it's important to look at the bigger picture here. If we, Gold Coasters, come out in droves for the Brisbane Heat game at Metricon then Cricket Australia will have no option but to grant us our own BBL franchise. That's the end goal here.

The end goal certainly isn't for Brisbane to occasionally play games at Metricon and take our money. We want an authentic Gold Coast team to get behind but there are steps we must take to make that a reality. Metricon is a beautiful facility and deserves to be used all year round. 7 home games for a Gold Coast-based BBL franchise over the summer months certainly achieves that goal.
Agreed and i must point out ANY event at metricon stadium benefits the suns so we should make the effort to support them when events are held there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back