Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

What was that by Luke Beveridge? Personally I hated it, thought it made him look mentally weak.
Was pretty pathetic.

90% of AFL journos are gutter trash, that’s nothing new. But it does look like Morris’ announcement early in the week actually got to Beveridge to the point where he was thinking about it in the lead up and playing those weird mental games he did with the team instead of focusing on the game itself.

If Dew responded, both in the team selection and post-match presser the way Beveridge did, I would be furious and expect him to be packing his bags. Was very juvenile.

Never understood why the Suns wouldn’t do a collab with one of our local craft breweries, and sell at Metricon instead of Pirate Life.
Burleigh Brewing or Black Hops would be perfect.

Comercial deal with current supplier prob wouldn’t allow it tho…

I’ve thought the same and have asked this question to blackhops before. Pirate life is owned by CUB now and they don’t have the money to go against them for sponsorship. The Suns current arrangement doesn’t allow any of the local breweries to be sold at the stadium

It would be awesome if Burleigh Brewing and Black hops were sold at the stadium, Black hops do awesome special releases too, I can imagine a Suns Red IPA or Lager

I’ve thought the same and have asked this question to blackhops before. Pirate life is owned by CUB now and they don’t have the money to go against them for sponsorship. The Suns current arrangement doesn’t allow any of the local breweries to be sold at the stadium

It would be awesome if Burleigh Brewing and Black hops were sold at the stadium, Black hops do awesome special releases too, I can imagine a Suns Red IPA or Lager
Now that is a dream worth dreaming about.

From AFL.com

Fremantle basically got Brodie from Gold Coast in the off-season for free in light of Adam Cerra's exit and he's proving to be a brilliant pick-up. The former top-10 NAB AFL Draft pick has had 20-plus disposals in all four of the Dockers' games and was excellent again against GWS, with a game-high 20 contested possessions among his career-best 36 touches. With Nat Fyfe out of the side and Mundy missing two games, Brodie's acquisition has been shrewd for Fremantle.

Shrewd by Freo or just another massive * up by the Suns supposed experts, you decide

From AFL.com

Fremantle basically got Brodie from Gold Coast in the off-season for free in light of Adam Cerra's exit and he's proving to be a brilliant pick-up. The former top-10 NAB AFL Draft pick has had 20-plus disposals in all four of the Dockers' games and was excellent again against GWS, with a game-high 20 contested possessions among his career-best 36 touches. With Nat Fyfe out of the side and Mundy missing two games, Brodie's acquisition has been shrewd for Fremantle.

Shrewd by Freo or just another massive fu** up by the Suns supposed experts, you decide
Saying he was “basically free” is ironic considering that they took his salary off of us…

From AFL.com

Shrewd by Freo or just another massive fu** up by the Suns supposed experts, you decide

I see it as a win -win.

We got to leverage our Cerra war chest into a player with a good upside in an area we needed strengthening....Matthew Johnson falling to us with pick 19 was a bonus.

You got to extend King and get a 2nd rounder next year.

I mean I think we're winning this at the moment but bit early to judge and I don't think you're losing if you get my drift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see it as a win -win.

We got to leverage our Cerra war chest into a player with a good upside in an area we needed strengthening....Matthew Johnson falling to us with pick 19 was a bonus.

You got to extend King and get a 2nd rounder next year.

I mean I think we're winning this at the moment but bit early to judge and I don't think you're losing if you get my drift.
The trade is one thing.

The disappointing aspect is our coaching group couldn’t find a way for him to be effective and show his talents. If he was entrenched in our starting 22, we would never even be having the conversation regarding a trade.

The trade is one thing.

The disappointing aspect is our coaching group couldn’t find a way for him to be effective and show his talents. If he was entrenched in our starting 22, we would never even be having the conversation regarding a trade.

You'd probably not have had the cash to do the King extension....is that correct?

You'd probably not have had the cash to do the King extension....is that correct?
It’s all complete guesswork by everyone on here so who knows.

King extension doesn’t come in until next year.

Contracts for Weller, lukosius, rankine are due with all potentially in line for some degree of a pay cut.

Greenwood’s 400k unexpectedly came off the books

Macpherson contract that he signed during the season he finished 3rd in the bnf (400k?) was to end - he could have been delisted and replaced with a new draftee on 100k

Sam day and Sean lemmens signed new extensions late last year. I highly doubt day would be attracting much external interest so you would have thought some wiggle room could have been built into his contract at least.

Caleb Graham and Jez McLennan are contracted until end of this year. Could easily be delisted +- re rookied. They wouldn’t be on much but wouldn’t be on the draftee minimum.

I think to say we had to get Brodie’s contract off our books in order to resign king is an overly simplistic way to look at it because there are so many moving parts and decision that contribute to th current and future salary cap.

But withought actual details it’s all just guesswork despite what people tend to claim on here.

It’s all complete guesswork by everyone on here so who knows.

King extension doesn’t come in until next year.

Contracts for Weller, lukosius, rankine are due with all potentially in line for some degree of a pay cut.

Greenwood’s 400k unexpectedly came off the books

Macpherson contract that he signed during the season he finished 3rd in the bnf (400k?) was to end - he could have been delisted and replaced with a new draftee on 100k

Sam day and Sean lemmens signed new extensions late last year. I highly doubt day would be attracting much external interest so you would have thought some wiggle room could have been built into his contract at least.

Caleb Graham and Jez McLennan are contracted until end of this year. Could easily be delisted +- re rookied. They wouldn’t be on much but wouldn’t be on the draftee minimum.

I think to say we had to get Brodie’s contract off our books in order to resign king is an overly simplistic way to look at it because there are so many moving parts and decision that contribute to th current and future salary cap.

But withought actual details it’s all just guesswork despite what people tend to claim on here.
I think it simply comes down to internal perceptions of players at the Club not matching external perceptions of supporters and commentators
I would say History has shown the Club and Dew have got it wrong nearly every single time on the players that have been "controversially in the media" moved on
For better or worse that list includes
Wright Hall Lyons Brodie and Mckenzie
These are 5 players that on their displayed form make our team much better-and all of whom would have been happy to stay at the Club

I think it simply comes down to internal perceptions of players at the Club not matching external perceptions of supporters and commentators
I would say History has shown the Club and Dew have got it wrong nearly every single time on the players that have been "controversially in the media" moved on
For better or worse that list includes
Wright Hall Lyons Brodie and Mckenzie
These are 5 players that on their displayed form make our team much better-and all of whom would have been happy to stay at the Club
Exactly, I wish Brodie nothing but the best, my issue is the consistent idiocy of our staff and coaches.

The moving on of players that clearly have talent but don’t match Dews vision of all round players means that talent has been thrown away. To add insult to injury we then chase players like Rory Atkins.

Ask Freo supporter if they would rather spend $400,000 a year on Brody or Atkins or Clarko if he would of made that call

I didn’t catch the buzz around Sam as an U18 and still waiting
Hard to see him being a match winner
Maybe an upgrade on Atkins or DMac

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Got a fair bit of ball playing midfield today but didn't look particularly composed - a lot of blasts going forward.

I attended the post game session at the lawn bar area after the game and Mark Evans spoke about some good news in the coming weeks regarding players but also Metricon Stadium, just dropping it here as I’m not sure what it might mean re-Metricon but let’s hope it’s some sort of redevelopment that brings in more revenue

Giving up Will Brodie sucks, as my second team living on the GC this I knew was going to be a bad call!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back