Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Flying over for the game, first time to metricon

Easiest way from Coolangatta airport to metricon without costing an arm and a leg?

Also any good spots/pubs near the ground for after the game?

Cheers

Easiest way from Coolangatta airport to metricon without costing an arm and a leg?

Cheers
I’m afraid Metricon is kind of in no mans land, there is a golf course over the road with a pub but I highly suggest you get the free bus to Broadbeach post match

Also if you Uber to South Broadbeach tram station you can get the free bus to the game saving some $$$

Enjoy

I’m afraid Metricon is kind of in no mans land, there is a golf course over the road with a pub but I highly suggest you get the free bus to Broadbeach post match

Also if you Uber to South Broadbeach tram station you can get the free bus to the game saving some $$$

Enjoy
If you’ve got the time for public transport.. there is the double decker bus. That stops where you can get the footy shuttle from.

If you’ve got the time for public transport.. there is the double decker bus. That stops where you can get the footy shuttle from.
Yeah i got time, do you know the latest trains/bus go back to the airport. In and Out job

Yeah i got time, do you know the latest trains/bus go back to the airport. In and Out job
don't know your arrival times but try this website

I used them when I came back from Thailand and needed to get to Oxenford...

Dep...Gold Coast Airport
Arr...Broadbeach South

Last edited:
don't know your arrival times but try this website

I used them when I came back from Thailand and needed to get to Oxenford...

Dep...Gold Coast Airport
Arr...Broadbeach South
Hope we play well and you enjoy the game!
Thanks

Anyone know if there are USB Chargers at the stadium ? Like to charge your phone

Cheers

As someone who travels for games regularly..

This year I have been flying in on the morning of the game get the 777 bus from airport terminal tell the bus driver you’re going to the game so free travel on game day. Get off at Broadbeach south then get the free Metricon bus to the game and back afterward and then 777 back to the airport for free after the game from Broadbeach south

Thanks

Anyone know if there are USB Chargers at the stadium ? Like to charge your phone

Nope only at the airport

As someone who travels for games regularly..

This year I have been flying in on the morning of the game get the 777 bus from airport terminal tell the bus driver you’re going to the game so free travel on game day. Get off at Broadbeach south then get the free Metricon bus to the game and back afterward and then 777 back to the airport for free after the game from Broadbeach south

Nope only at the airport

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Seems like I’ll have to save my battery

777 easy number to remember. Can’t wait to sleep in the airport after the game haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Pac Fair for lunch

Yet to see anyone wear any suns Merch seen 5 cat fans.
fairly common for interstate tourists to head to pac fair before a game... i went to the shops this morning for groceries, didn't feel the need to wear my suns gear haha

fairly common for interstate tourists to head to pac fair before a game... i went to the shops this morning for groceries, didn't feel the need to wear my suns gear haha

Yeah guess it’s still early

20220813_111429.jpg

En route to Bendigo to represent the Sunshine Coast at the 2022 Australasian Lasertag Championships.

The first sanctioned tournament since pre-pandemic (so 890+ days give or take)

I'll be popping in and out for the new two weeks while I compete so I expect everyone to behavor for SUNS while I'm gone

Comp play starts on the 18th,We'll be streaming on twitch so throw up a link kna couple days if anyone's curious.

Cheers 🤙

View attachment 1475312

En route to Bendigo to represent the Sunshine Coast at the 2022 Australasian Lasertag Championships.

I'll be popping in and out for the new two weeks while I compete so I expect everyone to behavor for SUNS while I'm gone

Comp play starts on the 18th,We'll be streaming on twitch so throw up a link kna couple days if anyone's curious.

Cheers 🤙

Ha! Nerd!

View attachment 1475312

Cheers 🤙
Wow, look out Bendigo

Well all the toy model and EB games shops anyway

Ohh and the chemist might want to stock up on asthma sprays, and echma cream

This is completely off topic but hoping someone can answer my query.

Todays early game between Bulldogs and Giants, they're using a yellow Sherrin, and the game 20mins later between Nth and Adel has a red Sherrin.

Can someone explain the reasoning for using the different coloured Sherrins.

I wanted to watch the Nth game on TV but find it terribly difficult to locate the red Sherrin when it's a long shot....closeups are not a problem.

So have switched to the Giants game cause it's easier on the eyes, and a much better viewing experience.

This is completely off topic but hoping someone can answer my query.

Todays early game between Bulldogs and Giants, they're using a yellow Sherrin, and the game 20mins later between Nth and Adel has a red Sherrin.

Can someone explain the reasoning for using the different coloured Sherrins.

I wanted to watch the Nth game on TV but find it terribly difficult to locate the red Sherrin when it's a long shot....closeups are not a problem.

So have switched to the Giants game cause it's easier on the eyes, and a much better viewing experience.
I believe it's pretty simple.
day - red
lights on at night or under roof - yellow

Tourists love wearing the Teams merch they don't realise noone up here gives a toss who they barrick for.
I especially love the Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and Richmond ********s who walk around with a superior grin for no other reason than selecting a set of team colours. It’s not as if they played in any games w:anchor:s

Great to see Gary Ablett junior wearing a half Suns half cats scarf when he receives life membership to the club, can’t wait for him to wear the same scarf when he receives Geelong life membership, somehow I won’t hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Don’t get me wrong Gary is first rate human being, the club was good enough to organise him to do a Video message for my wife’s 40th birthday something that he had no need to do but did because of the person he is. But it just is grating that they would allow him to do this when there’s no chance in hell it would happen the other way

This is what is now called "journalism"..........no comments from anyone in Authority, just pure speculation, and the fact I need to write something to keep my job....

Believe nothing that you read, and only half what you see......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back