Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Charlie Dixon has the mental aptitude to be a great player. Injury free or otherwise. Wright is going past him at a fast rate. Charlie Dixon had 14 touches 3 marks and no goals as the main target tonight. Peter Wright had 14 touches, 10 marks and 3 goals, two of which beyond the arc playing second fiddle to a superstar key forward. I know he gets a worse defender but when your the primary target in a team like that you have to do better.

Ok, I've been stewing on this for a few weeks. Charlie Dixon.. Club tells us all he's a 12-14 game a year player, yet since leaving us I don't think he's missed a game. I've always defended the club, and how we've handled things. But I feel the proof of how inept our medical department were is right there.
Does it help that he was in trouble late in the game and definitely hobbling last glimpse I had. ;)

Am I the only one that would lose all respect for O'Meara if he dose choose to leave at the end of this season. The Club showed a huge amount of faith in him picking him up as a 17 year, played 44 game In his first 2 years then miss the next 2 seasons with injuries.

But if he signs a 1 year deal and then decided to leave i wouldn't have a problem with it

Am I the only one that would lose all respect for O'Meara if he dose choose to leave at the end of this season. The Club showed a huge amount of faith in him picking him up as a 17 year, played 44 game In his first 2 years then miss the next 2 seasons with injuries.

But if he signs a 1 year deal and then decided to leave i wouldn't have a problem with it
I would be pretty dirty on him if he left tbh. If he gave us 1 more healthy year, and decided he needed to move on after that, I would be much more forgiving.

I kind of agree. Although to be fair, if you believe the rumours, the way the old medical team attended to the injury and rehab, you can't blame him for still wanting out, (yes I know we changed medical teams, but still). Id be mad if something like that happened which could affect the rest of my career and life.

1 more year at least I agree would be good.

Absolutely agree. After everything that was done to get him back and the excitement and enjoyment for him i would be annoyed if he got up and left especially to a big victorian club rather than going home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Jack Leslie to get a game. His contract ends this year. It's a little ridiculous that he's performing so well in the seconds and still can't get a game (especially when looking at our atrocious injury list, something like fourteen people - he's one of three players still not getting a game). Mind-boggling.

I genuinely hope he's not going to be moved on, becoming another Mav Weller story.

I want Jack Leslie to get a game. His contract ends this year. It's a little ridiculous that he's performing so well in the seconds and still can't get a game (especially when looking at our atrocious injury list, something like fourteen people - he's one of three players still not getting a game). Mind-boggling.

I genuinely hope he's not going to be moved on, becoming another Mav Weller story.

I think he deserves a crack.

However it appears that May, Thompson and Day are Rocket's first options.

I think he deserves a crack.

However it appears that May, Thompson and Day are Rocket's first options.
I would've chosen him ahead of Monkey Magic, at least. I like Jarrad Grant, but we're not even using him in his best position (he isn't a third tall, he plays his best footy on the wing / midfield - you only have to look at old Bulldogs games to suss that out, not that he's a freak or anything, but if you want to get the most out of him then that's where you play him).

New low for the Suns.

GWS hit 15,000 members over the weekend now over 15,100

The Suns 12,800.
Most of GWS members don't support them. They give away memberships really cheap and most of that 15,000 are either Sydney supporters or supporters of Victoria teams who live in ACT or NSW.

New low for the Suns.

GWS hit 15,000 members over the weekend now over 15,100

The Suns 12,800.

And 5000 at their games. This is a possible top 2 team at the end of today's round. If WE were in that position, we'd be 20000 + at our home games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since moving to Sydney I have attended several Giants games and their core membership is tiny, vast majority of attendees are not invested in the game let alone the club. It's a pity as the side is fantastic but there simply isny an appetite for AFL in the west

The Suns suffer with a similar issue but not to the same degree, there is a reasonable diehard group and as the coast always does the fans will come once the side hits it's straps. If we were playing like the Giants then our crowds would be over the 20k mark in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back