Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a freaking fantastic photo. I'm a guy with an inappropriate sense of humour and appreciate the female body as much as most. But the things being said were horrible and disrespectful
Not as inappropriate as mine mate :)

I didn’t see the comments but anyone that was thinking anything apart from what and awesome athlete caught in a iconic photo is missing something majestic

It's a freaking fantastic photo. I'm a guy with an inappropriate sense of humour and appreciate the female body as much as most. But the things being said were horrible and disrespectful
Can confirm both of these facts.

I would love for someone to turn that photo into an NBA style AFLW logo, Where's our graphics guys at?

On the 'scandals' board there is a unsubstantiated rumour about a homesick top 15 draft pick who wants home.
Ben King basically the only guy getting discussed - zero evidence of course.
The Max King instagram post above interesting though.

On the 'scandals' board there is a unsubstantiated rumour about a homesick top 15 draft pick who wants home.

If it was Ben King then why not use the term “top 10” rather then “top 15”. I’d be looking at the blokes in 11-15 range for that rumour.

If it was Ben King then why not use the term “top 10” rather then “top 15”. I’d be looking at the blokes in 11-15 range for that rumour.

Yeah totally agree
Maybe the poster just wanting to leave some more mystery about it..
Interstaters in the top 10
- our 3
- Tarry Thomas
- Chase Jones

extending to the top 15 adds another 4.

For all intensive purposes it could be completely made up so can't read anything into it.
Just thought id post to update what others are discussing

Didn’t that rumour come from “afl insider” on Facebook a couple weeks ago

One of Ben Kings mates commented on the Facebook post about the top 15 pick wanting to go home saying that there was no way that player is Ben. He said he is loving it up here and not looking to leave. Plus there has been a fair bit of noise about him re signing already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard JRiewoldt say “the behaviour of fans these days is appalling”.
What do you guys who are older fans of VFL/AFL especially Victorians think of that statement?
I would have thought that with fully seated grounds that fan behaviour if anything has improved??

I’m watching Open Mike and I have a question
Why is Ray Chamberlain so famous in comparison with the other Umpires?

Even I know and recognise him whereas I don’t know any other Umpires other than the man I consider our biggest nemesis in Mr Baldy (who’s real name I don’t know).

What do you guys who are older fans of VFL/AFL especially Victorians think of that statement?
I would have thought that with fully seated grounds that fan behaviour if anything has improved??
As an ex Vic attended hundreds of games of football and would say feel heaps safer today than I did 40-50 years ago.

Was he referring to the fans at the game or the social media cowards?
Game day is tame compared to years ago.
I remember a game where a Sun's fan ripped Caddy a new one on his return after we knocked them off.. :cool:

Was he referring to the fans at the game or the social media cowards?
Game day is tame compared to years ago.
I remember a game where a Sun's fan ripped Caddy a new one on his return after we knocked them off.. :cool:

He’s a Pea Heart in my opinion Caddy....he will always be the original Bedwetter.

Back to your question-his statement was definitely in reference to fans at the game. He was probably referencing the brawl in saying that and then he moved on to talking about social media.

I think it’s a society issue there seems to be very little respect for anyone and people feel entitled to do or say what they feel like.. you rarely hear anyone even say please and thank you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back