Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Remember GCS need to travel more, played more compare to Brisbane. There is no China trip, Commonwealth games , derby, GWS, just a new port adelaide and Fremantle during that era. Even Willie rioli don't get caught with those low tech technology.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Geez there are some dead set flogs on the Martin trade thread, delusional and arrogant
If I remember correctly didn’t the same thing happen when Prestia officially nominated Richmond.
Everyone was saying he’s not worth Pick 6 he’s a spud that’s injury prone.

Now he’s one of Richmond best players every week and could win their B&F this year.

Might need to bring this up in the Martin thread

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Highly recommend this documentary about the merger of the Bears and Fitzroy. A lot of parallels with the Suns situation and actually left me hopeful for our future based on the success of the Bears towards the end and the eventual 3 peat of the Lions.

I watched this yesterday on Fox footy that’s why I said On the other thread to offer Selwood a deal too hard to refuse like bears done with lynch.. probably not 10’years though lol

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
If I remember correctly didn’t the same thing happen when Prestia officially nominated Richmond.
Everyone was saying he’s not worth Pick 6 he’s a spud that’s injury prone.

Now he’s one of Richmond best players every week and could win their B&F this year.

Might need to bring this up in the Martin thread
To be fair Prestia was a star for us, Martin has been nothing but a disappointment

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I watched this yesterday on Fox footy that’s why I said On the other thread to offer Selwood a deal too hard to refuse like bears done with lynch.. probably not 10’years though lol
It was certainly ambitious for the time. Was fitting he got reunited in the end and was holding the ball when they finally won the flag. You can see why people like Lynch and Brown are supportive of the Suns in the media. They've been through a similar situation with the Bears/Lions.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
while playing finals is fun and all, but it certainly does not help your bank account. Just spent $229 on two tickets this morning :O Thankfully I've got all the money I need for my holiday at the end of october.
jeez at this point in time i'd give up any amount of money just to see the suns actually make the finals!

jeez at this point in time i'd give up any amount of money just to see the suns actually make the finals!
Yeah. I was trying to word this not trying to sound conceited. Hoping I wasn't coming across rude.

It will happen. I'm sure of it. And I will be there the day it does happen.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
while playing finals is fun and all, but it certainly does not help your bank account. Just spent $229 on two tickets this morning :O Thankfully I've got all the money I need for my holiday at the end of october.
Don’t stress Jen you won’t need to fork out for tickets next week 😜

GO GIANTS!!

Just teasing haha

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How much will be Grand Final tickets? GWS have not chance if they play Mumford.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What a disgraceful decision by the AFL to uphold Toby Greene’s one week suspension.

Talk about a trial by Vic media.

No conclusive video evidence
Opposition player says no contact with eyes
worse incident last week copped fine

And the Ban stands :think:

This has the corrupt fingerprints of the AFL and Collingwood all over it.

They want Collingwood in the grand final and it all comes down to the all mighty dollar
F4C58AA6-52AF-4EB8-A085-850350019ECE.jpeg

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What a disgraceful decision by the AFL to uphold Toby Greene’s one week suspension.

They want Collingwood in the grand final and it all comes down to the all mighty dollar
View attachment 747869
I reckon most people in the media wanted him to get off.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

View attachment 747869
I was with you 100% until I saw a new close up video on 360 tonight (Riewoldt and Treloar as guests). He definitely raked his eye region. Was it intentional or careless is another question. But it did not look good.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Depends on the category you are in, which membership level you have. For me, it will be $359 with concession.View attachment 747971
Wow :eek::eek::eek::oops:
You could get a hooker, a few lines of coke a couple of shots of bourbon and watch it on HD in a hotel room for that*

*disclaimer:I have no idea what a hooker , lines of coke or bourbon costs.I have however stayed in many hotel rooms with HD footy access

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

View attachment 747869
:think:

1CD4F9CF-B313-4762-9DDF-711523F25262.jpeg

Wow :eek::eek::eek::oops:
You could get a hooker, a few lines of coke a couple of shots of bourbon and watch it on HD in a hotel room for that*

*disclaimer:I have no idea what a hooker , lines of coke or bourbon costs.I have however stayed in many hotel rooms with HD footy access
Its also half of my yearly membership cost lol I try to think.. its once a year if you're lucky.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys,

Our boy Masto has been let go from West Coast, and current talk is that he may end up with your mob. In light of this I thought I would offer some friendly pointers to help you out in the future if this eventuates:

1. In your autopsy/ changes threads, Chris Masten will always be the first player that you will call for to be dropped. It doesn't matter if he deserves it or not, that's just the rule. Out: Masten.

2. If Chris Masten had a sh*t game then that's the reason that you lost. If other players contributed with poor showings then feel free to call them out, but you must always acknowledge that the primary reason for your loss was because you selected Chris Masten in the side.

3. If Chris Masten has a career best game then you're allowed to say that "he wasn't the worst on ground". Overt praise will be met with scepticism.

4. Chris Masten WILL get caught holding the ball whilst going for a fend-off. Its just a fact of life. Learn to accept it on your pathway to inner peace.

5. If anything spectacular happens during a game (eg: first gamer kicks a goal, someone takes a screamer, etc) the quality of the act can be rated by how happy Chris Masten was to witness it. We call this the "Jubilant Masto Index", and it is a good indicator on whether to include said act on future highlight reels.

In summation, please look after our wayward son. You wont truly know what you have until he's gone.

Sincerely,

The West Coast Board

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Hey guys,

Our boy Masto has been let go from West Coast, and current talk is that he may end up with your mob. In light of this I thought I would offer some friendly pointers to help you out in the future if this eventuates:

1. In your autopsy/ changes threads, Chris Masten will always be the first player that you will call for to be dropped. It doesn't matter if he deserves it or not, that's just the rule. Out: Masten.

2. If Chris Masten had a sh*t game then that's the reason that you lost. If other players contributed with poor showings then feel free to call them out, but you must always acknowledge that the primary reason for your loss was because you selected Chris Masten in the side.

3. If Chris Masten has a career best game then you're allowed to say that "he wasn't the worst on ground". Overt praise will be met with scepticism.

4. Chris Masten WILL get caught holding the ball whilst going for a fend-off. Its just a fact of life. Learn to accept it on your pathway to inner peace.

5. If anything spectacular happens during a game (eg: first gamer kicks a goal, someone takes a screamer, etc) the quality of the act can be rated by how happy Chris Masten was to witness it. We call this the "Jubilant Masto Index", and it is a good indicator on whether to include said act on future highlight reels.

In summation, please look after our wayward son. You wont truly know what you have until he's gone.

Sincerely,

The West Coast Board

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 5.46.51 PM.png

Quite a drop off recently.
16 possessions, 1 tackle and 0.2 goals, 1.5 i50 per game from the wing?
You guys are making the right call.
Not sure we are!

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Hey guys,

Sincerely,

The West Coast Board
Thanks Nanna Masten ;)

Might not need to worry..

Gold Coast's reported interested in Masten is understood to have cooled, although St Kilda and Hawthorn have also shown interest and he isn't giving up on adding to his 215 games.

Back