Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Unreal, thanks heaps mate. I’m so keen on this move I’m really hoping to get the opportunity. I worked up in Brisbane for 2 months last year and tried to make it permanent then but they wouldn’t let me. So I’m trying for it again. Would love to be up in the sunshine state

Good luck :thumbsupemoji:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Unreal, thanks heaps mate. I’m so keen on this move I’m really hoping to get the opportunity. I worked up in Brisbane for 2 months last year and tried to make it permanent then but they wouldn’t let me. So I’m trying for it again. Would love to be up in the sunshine state

I’m going to stay out of this mate because I’ve always lived and worked on the GC whenever I’ve lived here.

I can talk about places I like to live in but that’s useless when you need to factor in your drive.

I’m going to stay out of this mate because I’ve always lived and worked on the GC whenever I’ve lived here.

I can talk about places I like to live in but that’s useless when you need to factor in your drive.

Any further south than Robina and he is stuck in a car park for half an hour with the roadworks going on at the moment, getting closer to the beach means meandering through the roads out to the M1.

I am not sure about anything north of that as far as a good location for a couple to live on their own that has all the conveniences that Robina does.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any further south than Robina and he is stuck in a car park for half an hour with the roadworks going on at the moment, getting closer to the beach means meandering through the roads out to the M1.

I am not sure about anything north of that as far as a good location for a couple to live on their own that has all the conveniences that Robina does.

I do agree that for a young couple that Robina is a great option.
It’s central, it’s close to M1, it’s still got affordable options, and for entertainment an Uber to Broadbeach or Surfers etc isn’t going to be expensive or take too long.

I did look at some Robina places a year ago when I sold my place at Currumbin and went very close to buying a place on the north eastern side of Currumbin.

It would have been just fine.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I do agree that for a young couple that Robina is a great option.
It’s central, it’s close to M1, it’s still got affordable options, and for entertainment an Uber to Broadbeach or Surfers etc isn’t going to be expensive or take too long.

I did look at some Robina places a year ago when I sold my place at Currumbin and went very close to buying a place on the north eastern side of Currumbin.

It would have been just fine.

And a lot cheaper too I might add!!!!

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
ill add my 2 cents in.
I've lived in mudgeeraba as a young tike and while it was peaceful you needed a car to go anywhere.
varsity lakes and robina are good options obviously the shopping centre/movies and parks are great hangouts, close to M1 aswell.
southport lived into a nice unit here when I 1st moved out of home it was great i could walk everywhere or jump on a 5 minute bus into surfers. plenty of entertainment and dining.
Broadbeach/mermaid waters was similar maybe slightly more walking though traded off by beautiful ocean views. ended up buying a bike and going on bike rides with my missus most weekends to locals.
Now I'm a home owner and due to budget had to look on the west side of the M1 got a nice Queenslander in oxenford/pacific pines region, good size blocks with yards for pets, close to m1 and Westfield shopping centre and train. But besides a few pubs entertainment and dining options are limited without maybe a 20-30 minute drive into the southport-burleigh strip.

In summary, if budget is your concern look west of the M1 and North will shave your commute time by 20-30 minutes.

Beachside from southport to currumbin,
entertainment and dining a plenty but in most cases it takes 15- 20 minutes just to get to M1.
or middle ground areas like robina in the south or hope island in the north give you a nice blend of both.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Good luck :thumbsupemoji:

Just been told as of 20 minutes ago I’m stuck in Bendigo for another year at least :'( absolutely shattered, never thought being told “I’m to valuable to leave” would be a heartbreaker
I’ll try for the 2021 move to the beautiful little city

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My mates on the GC this weekend, any hidden gems the locals know about he can check out before he leaves tomorrow? cheers guys

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Stood next to 2MP and his partner at a Palm Beach auction yesterday that went to $3M
I was going to mention he might need to start bagging a few more goals if he wanted to think about property like that but held my tongue
Of note his partner is tiny and also redhead!!!!Is that legal?
There’s a good photo in the social thread from the club night with 2MP and his missus.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Thoughts on the Guest line up Bods ?

Haha oh god.
This just reads like an absolute cringe worthy pocket lining venture.

Special insights from JOM - how to turn your back on your team, Steven May - how to get all the WAGS to hate you, Joel Selwood - how to manipulate the rules for your benefit and Liam Pickering - how to be a fraudster and do dodgy deals.

All of those things line up with godletts values right?

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haha oh god.

Special insights from JOM - how to turn your back on your team, Steven May - how to get all the WAGS to hate you, Joel Selwood - how to manipulate the rules for your benefit and Liam Pickering - how to be a fraudster and do dodgy deals.

And all the proceeds are going to charity?

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haha oh god.

Only one missing is Uncle Tom launching his new book The Colour of Money!

View from my hotel room in Hawaii
0027e5c39c8794de083894577fa2afda.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
View from my hotel room in Hawaii
0027e5c39c8794de083894577fa2afda.jpg

Looks like you're down the Kapiolani Park end of Waikiki. Used to live there in the 80's before it got trampled by tourists.Try and have a breakfast at Eggs n Things just along Kalakaua Avenue towards the new International Market Place. I remember the iconic old Market Place before they ripped it down to create the expensive retail area there now - a bit like Surfers Paradise I guess. Enjoy the blue water and catch a wave!

Looks like you're down the Kapiolani Park end of Waikiki. Used to live there in the 80's before it got trampled by tourists.Try and have a breakfast at Eggs n Things just along Kalakaua Avenue towards the new International Market Place. I remember the iconic old Market Place before they ripped it down to create the expensive retail area there now - a bit like Surfers Paradise I guess. Enjoy the blue water and catch a wave!

Yeah, I’m staying across the street from the zoo. Minutes walk to the beach. Very nice area.

Back