Oh that’s right I’m at work :(

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Take the helicopter out to the Grand Canyon if you can it’s worth every cent
would have loved to take a heli tour over. i had friends that lived in flagstaff when i visited, who had relatives that lived in tusayan, which is 15min drive from the south rim of the canyon. stayed out there one night, and was at the canyon for sunrise. one of the best things i've ever done, simply amazing. did a hike down a bit later in the day too.

Take the helicopter out to the Grand Canyon if you can it’s worth every cent

I’ve been. Two years ago mum and I took the bus there. My sister isn’t interested. She calls it a hole in the ground no matter how much I tell her otherwise.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
For the 2nd time in 4 years no Tasmanians were drafted in the national draft. 2 were rookie drafted in the 2nd & 4th round.
Queensland provided 3 in the 2nd round of the national draft alone and would've been 4 if Buderick is included.
I just spent a couple of weeks down there and don't get me wrong its an amazing place (for me and others my age no doubt) but there is no way known young male athletes would want to live there. They would have player retention issues like we've never seen before if they can't provide their own talent...

Last edited:
So last night, I was walking to a pies cheer squad christmas party (I was meeting some friends there and it was walking distance), and I was almost there when my foot gave way and I fell to the ground.
Teared all the skin from my knee off, and sprained my ankle. So it was the most ideal way to start my night lol

Mum had to help me to the bathroom. It was not pleasant. Been resting it today, but I'm hopping basically.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
So last night, I was walking to a pies cheer squad christmas party (I was meeting some friends there and it was walking distance), and I was almost there when my foot gave way and I fell to the ground.
Teared all the skin from my knee off, and sprained my ankle. So it was the most ideal way to start my night lol

Mum had to help me to the bathroom. It was not pleasant. Been resting it today, but I'm hopping basically.

There is a moral to this story....don't walk towards pies, walk towards the Sun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Hi guys, odd question, but just wondering if anyone has a full top 10 list from the 2013 Gold Coast Club Champion Awards? I've scoured the internet for it but have come up short, hoping someone here can help. Thanks.
internet sleuth at your command

2013 Gold Coast SUNS Club Champion Top Ten
1st – Gary Ablett 260
2nd – Dion Prestia 213
3rd – Jaeger O’Meara 204
4th – Rory Thompson 162
5th – Jarrod Harbrow 149
6th – Danny Stanley 142
7th – David Swallow 135
8th – Aaron Hall 130
9th – Trent McKenzie 120
10th – Harley Bennell 103

edit: fyi, twitter's advanced search is how i found it.
chuck in the account name and a date range, and you can see all the tweets from that time.

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
internet sleuth at your command

2013 Gold Coast SUNS Club Champion Top Ten
1st – Gary Ablett 260
2nd – Dion Prestia 213
3rd – Jaeger O’Meara 204
4th – Rory Thompson 162
5th – Jarrod Harbrow 149
6th – Danny Stanley 142
7th – David Swallow 135
8th – Aaron Hall 130
9th – Trent McKenzie 120
10th – Harley Bennell 103

edit: fyi, twitter's advanced search is how i found it.
chuck in the account name and a date range, and you can see all the tweets from that time.

thank you!

There is a moral to this story....don't walk towards pies, walk towards the Sun.
Haha, guess it didn't help that it was getting dark. Stupid concrete. I did get free food even though I had ate already. I can walk a little bit now, but ankle is still swollen.

here are some photos

Not the first time I have been clumsy

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Geebus Peel67skin no need to single Brisbane fans out. Visit every single clubs draft thread, and most fans think exactly the same about the 2020 pick 11 trade.

I’m not here to discuss the merits of the trade. You got the kid you wanted and were willing to pay the price you paid.

Just no need to single out Brisbane fans discussing the trade.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Geebus Peel67skin no need to single Brisbane fans out. Visit every single clubs draft thread, and most fans think exactly the same about the 2020 pick 11 trade.

I’m not here to discuss the merits of the trade. You got the kid you wanted and were willing to pay the price you paid.

What are Brizzo fans saying about the trade?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

GCS won't get Sharp if some Brisbane fans suggested that AFL should not allow GCS to trade pick 11 out to Geelong/other club in other club board. i don't want to copy your comment ,is against the rule of BF forum .

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GCS won't get Sharp if some Brisbane fans suggested that AFL should not allow GCS to trade pick 11 out to Geelong/other club in other club board. i don't want to copy your comment ,is against the rule of BF forum .
My comment? Where? Copy it all you want.

I’ve discussed the trade on the Freo board looking at it from both sides.

Why don’t you mention all the Freo posters who were all against it, who I replied to in the first place.

Like I said, every clubs draft thread discussed it, as well the main draft discussion thread in the draft & trade forum.

But you single out one teams fans, and if you’re referring to my discussion on the Freo board, one individual trying to look at it from both sides, but you’re try and put a negative spin on it.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sorry just checked my comment on the Freo board. Wrong discussion.

Yes I said it was a bad trade there.

So what? You still didn’t mention the Freo posters who all got in first who I was replying to.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
So ill-informed nonsense then. :rolleyes:
No. Purely looking at the optics of the trade.

Forget the player involved.

Just look at the trade in isolation, and tell the majority of BF how the AFL can tick off the trade.

From a Suns perspective I have no problem with the trade, as I understand the Suns point of view.

Later in the night the AFL blocked a Brisbane and West Coast trade that only involved late picks and late future picks.

The reason why they blocked it was they felt it left West Coasts to short handed in next years draft.

West Coasts argument was they were moving one pick ahead a year, higher up the draft board, so a better pick, and able to draft a local kid. But AFL still blocked the trade.

Back