Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Very off topic, but I’m bringing the family to the Gold Coast in May. Couldn’t wait for the fixture (which may be a rolling fixture anyway) Jetstar had a sale and I knew we were coming... assuming all goes well and borders are open between SA and QLD.
The place we usually rent at Q1, the owner has sold. Just checking suggestions if anyone knew any places that weren’t dives that still wouldn’t break the bank. Under 1k for 6 nights, 2 bedrooms, separate living. Surfers or Broadbeach.
Plenty out there in the budget but don’t want to end up in a dunga

Sometimes you can get a good deal here at this place

Totally unrelated to AFL, but if anyone thinks we have problems with the ARC on dubious decisions, have a look at the Liverpool v Brighton game in the EPL, for the penalty decision in extra time...just leaving it at that.....o_O
It's universal, Lots of contentious video decisions in the NFL and other sports as well.

Cricket and Hockey do a pretty good job at it but nothing is perfect.

On an unrelated side note: Did anyone catch the fiery crash in the F1 overnight?

I've been desensitized to a lot of this stuff but that even shook me today.

Do we get the season of commentary called out of Melbourne again or it’s just going to be for the pre season games?
Going by the AFLW coverage for Seven and Fox. I think that yes that will be the case.

Hosts and commentators in Melbourne with someone (or two) on the ground at the match. This will be the case for a lot of sports events going forward I think as it will make production much cheaper for television (and soon streaming) services.

Going by the AFLW coverage for Seven and Fox. I think that yes that will be the case.

Hosts and commentators in Melbourne with someone (or two) on the ground at the match. This will be the case for a lot of sports events going forward I think as it will make production much cheaper for television (and soon streaming) services.

That’s disappointing they regularly get it wrong and pause for a clear call or a replay..

Was listening to the Sydney game yesterday on triple m you get a much better insight from the caller being at the game imo

That’s disappointing they regularly get it wrong and pause for a clear call or a replay..

Was listening to the Sydney game yesterday on triple m you get a much better insight from the caller being at the game imo
Watching the cricket NZ series called by callers at Fox studios in sydney it was really bad especially seeing they were commentating over a clean feed for spark sport so didnt have control of the cameras that made it not too good at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the cricket NZ series called by callers at Fox studios in sydney it was really bad especially seeing they were commentating over a clean feed for spark sport so didnt have control of the cameras that made it not too good at all.

Yeah I watched that game yesterday a couple of times they were like oh we’re not sure what’s happening there 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hey team,

I’ve been a bit quiet over the off season. I rarely have much to add of use in that period.
But this overweight, bald dad has been into training for an upcoming trek.
In August I’m heading on a 5 day, 64km trek along the Larapinta trail, along river beds, through rocky gorges, to climbing Mount Sonder for Breakthrough Mental Health Research Foundation. Australia’s only dedicated mental health research charity.
I’ve set a goal to raise $3,500 for the charity. If anyone wishes to support the cause, or even just to keep up to date with how it’s all going feel free to follow the link

Of course mods be welcome to delete if this is not allowed.

Hey team,

I’ve been a bit quiet over the off season. I rarely have much to add of use in that period.
But this overweight, bald dad has been into training for an upcoming trek.
In August I’m heading on a 5 day, 64km trek along the Larapinta trail, along river beds, through rocky gorges, to climbing Mount Sonder for Breakthrough Mental Health Research Foundation. Australia’s only dedicated mental health research charity.
I’ve set a goal to raise $3,500 for the charity. If anyone wishes to support the cause, or even just to keep up to date with how it’s all going feel free to follow the link

Of course mods be welcome to delete if this is not allowed.

Popping in to Yulara while you're up here?

Great news everyone,
Our own Big Red Machine has pulled off the impossible.. nailing a 7-10 split for the first time on TV for over 30 years..
Congratulations

haha oh geez mate you've got me stiched up real good :tearsofjoy:

I wish I had a mullet as glorious as that kids <3

Hi All,

I'm just trying to get an understanding of the fans feel for the current GC guernsey. Personally I can't believe the club hasn't changed it yet. Do you guys like it or is there a common opinion that it needs to change?

I think the Suns should be rolling with something similar to the Utah Jazz special edition sunset jersey. This looks more like a traditional AFL guernsey.

1618881585096.png

Thoughts?

Hi All,

I'm just trying to get an understanding of the fans feel for the current GC guernsey. Personally I can't believe the club hasn't changed it yet. Do you guys like it or is there a common opinion that it needs to change?

I think the Suns should be rolling with something similar to the Utah Jazz special edition sunset jersey. This looks more like a traditional AFL guernsey.

View attachment 1107127

Thoughts?

Not a fan of our current home guernsey. But that Jazz one is disgusting

still reckon something like the below would be cool for us. curved yoke representing a yellow sun on the home guernsey and the waves at the beach for the away kit. white clash with more of a surf lifesaving theme (might not even need it if the first two are deemed enough of a clash against all teams).

just something of a refresh would be good for us as an identity. i don't mind our logo, just think since it's not a classic monogram it shouldn't be as prominent on our guernsey.

01-HOME.png 02-AWAY.png 03-CLASH.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back