Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

I read a Twitter post re Timo Werner."He needs 536 chances to score one goal but he gets 236 a match so the chances are good":laughing:
PSG getting rid of Tuchel to win the UCL, the very next year Tuchel does it with Chelsea. Oh and their replacement Poch? Couldn't even win ligue 1

Even though PSG are throwing smoke I reckon Zidane's resignation without payout means he might end up at PSG and Poch back to Spurs

Poch back to the prem will make it even stronger. English teams are starting to flex their muscle in Europe thanks to world class managers. Hopefully you can get Harry Kane I couldn’t deal if city got them haha

Will break my son's heart
Kane is why he started following Spurs
He says he never chooses a good team
Suns
Spurs
Brisbane Heat
It's been a hard journey for him poor kid :pensive:
It'll be hard to understand depending on how young your young fella is but it'll teach to appreciate the good times.

My teams at the moment for example

Anaheim (NHL) 2nd worst record in the league this year
Baltimore (MLB) Currently the worst team in baseball
Werder Bremen (Bundesliga) got religated to the second division for first time in over fourty years
Bristol City (EFL) Finished just above the bubble of getting relegated to the English 3rd division

Also the Suns

But I feel as though this makes me appreciate when my other teams like Baltimore in the NFL, Dallas in the NBA or Illawarra in the NBL (and the Suns when up and about) do well.

Now I'm not sure where I'm going with this long winded spiel but I think it's support alot of sports and one of your teams is bound to be good!

Wait, no. It's that enduring the losses makes the wins all the more sweeter.

But I sympathise with the lad, Losing sucks. Hope he can keep his chin up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been a Foundation Suns member since the age of 2- (sounds like the start of an Ike and Tina Turner song!)
When we win it's like Christmas Day for him
His little brother doesn't take it to heart like he does
I hope for the young fella we keep finding wins. We need all the passionate supporters we can get

i like this thread:

nicely done Aucklander

i like this thread:

nicely done Aucklander

Watched him up against my boy for a long time. Genuine gun who has turned into the player I thought he would be.

Watched him up against my boy for a long time. Genuine gun who has turned into the player I thought he would be.

Thanks Toukys dad, how's the Jazz playing going :D

Thanks Toukys dad, how's the Jazz playing going :D

LoL.

There was some bloody good kids back in that age group playing in the EDFL. Peter Wright, Riley O'Brien, Touk, Rory Atkins and a few more who got drafted who were a year or 2 older. Some really good younger ones too, but only Nick O'Kearney got drafted which was surprising. Nice to sit back and see these guys now doing so well.

Well if I can’t have a crack at the nepotistic private school toffs who run this game at what I call VFL House at what I perceive to be the expense of my city’s team because it upsets the Victorian Based Suns fans then maybe I need to consider my ongoing place on this forum.
I’ll sleep on it for a while.

This is what it feels like when I wake up after a night of drinking and most of the events are blanked out, what did I miss?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back