Vent thread Round 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was so pissed off watching at the gabba yesterday, but after a good nights sleep feel a bit better about it. lack of execution of basic skills was disheartening. along with the form of senior players rich, rocky and rog.

You ever met the bloke? Ever spoken to him? Ever listened to his s**t? Typical ex no name AFL player came to Brisbane and was able to bullshit his way through. Leppa is a dud bloke as well. Anyone in management knows that you employ people who are much smarter than you, don't think Leppa has worked that one out!

Everyone by now understands your thoughts on this subject.

If you bring this up after every loss what is potentially going to be a long season will become an extremely l o n g season.

The Brisbane lion's facebook page attracts the biggest bandwagoners. Reading through some of the comments left me dumbfounded. One guy wants a refund on his membership, said the club makes him sick. Hope he doesn't come back when we are finals bound.

The Brisbane lion's facebook page attracts the biggest bandwagoners. Reading through some of the comments left me dumbfounded. One guy wants a refund on his membership, said the club makes him sick. Hope he doesn't come back when we are finals bound.
lots of bandwagon jumpers in the brisbane market. i know quite a few, they are all on the roar at the moment. they know very little about the finer details re list management, list age and experience profiles etc. they just support winners.
when we start winning again they will jump on board again, i think that's fair enough, we might convert a few to more permanent supporter status while their on the wagon.

Interesting watching AFL360 and they were talking about Johanissen (sp?) of the Dogs and his arriving as a player and going up a level in AFL standing within the AFL as a 40 something game player.

That very point had me scratching my head as to when was the last time we had a player that really announced himself to the AFL at a similar stage. I really am struggling to come up with a player from the past decade that has done so. Possibly Zorko, but even then I think I am reaching.

Every year, dozens of players across the league come from being just another player on their list to a fully fledged above average AFL player. For whatever reason, we just aren't developing players that are announcing themselves. Now I'm not saying that it is systematic of the club or whether it is a case of our players simply being satisfied that they are plying their trade in the AFL without taking that next step, irrespective, I am struggling to see apart from Harris Andrews and Lewis Taylor of players really kicking on with their careers and even then, Andrews and Taylor are hardly above average in the league.

Even an Easton Wood is someone that I considered an average player a couple of years ago and now he is one of the better defenders in the league, similar to the trajectory that I consider Patfull made years ago.

I am just so very hopeful that one of our players that isn't a Schache, Rich, Rockliff, D. Beams just announces themselves to the league and becomes an A-grader.

Interesting watching AFL360 and they were talking about Johanissen (sp?) of the Dogs and his arriving as a player and going up a level in AFL standing within the AFL as a 40 something game player.

That very point had me scratching my head as to when was the last time we had a player that really announced himself to the AFL at a similar stage. I really am struggling to come up with a player from the past decade that has done so. Possibly Zorko, but even then I think I am reaching.

Every year, dozens of players across the league come from being just another player on their list to a fully fledged above average AFL player. For whatever reason, we just aren't developing players that are announcing themselves. Now I'm not saying that it is systematic of the club or whether it is a case of our players simply being satisfied that they are plying their trade in the AFL without taking that next step, irrespective, I am struggling to see apart from Harris Andrews and Lewis Taylor of players really kicking on with their careers and even then, Andrews and Taylor are hardly above average in the league.

Even an Easton Wood is someone that I considered an average player a couple of years ago and now he is one of the better defenders in the league, similar to the trajectory that I consider Patfull made years ago.

I am just so very hopeful that one of our players that isn't a Schache, Rich, Rockliff, D. Beams just announces themselves to the league and becomes an A-grader.

Your Yeos, Dochertys and Polecs should be announcing themselves.

Stef Martin??

I think someone like Tom Cutler has the potential to break out as a star. Jaden McGrath is another who I think could one day have a break out season but I see him more as someone who could have a career similar to that of Tim Notting. A really good career but not a superstar.

Hanley comes to mind.

I understand what you mean though. It's frustrating to say the least. We have drafted probably the 3rd most players in the past 6-7 years (behind the expansion clubs) yet none have really developed past their first 3 years. Almost every other club has nabbed themselves an A grader in the same time period.

We havent really had players hang around long enough lately. Think Taylor is going up a level this year, Cuts has the potential as does Clay if he can stay on the park.

Ideally a Lester type is what you need, but i think he has hit his potential as a player.

Taylor looks really really good this year.

Unfortunately players like Mayes should be having breakout years for us but it looks like Mayes specifically has just stagnated. Hopefully he can come good, we really need him to, classy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back