Review Vent thread vs Brisbane. That's all folks

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. Don't know what's worse - our year or the fact I've got to wait for a whole cricket season until NAB cup

haha, it's going to be a huge clean out. will be very interesting to see who makes the cut.

This game was always going to be a sad outcome, win and it leaves a sour taste in the mouth as to why the team didnt put that kind of effort in earlier in the year (not to mention draft picks get pushed back), lose and its all doom and gloom.

Bring on the draft, more investment in the footy department and a gruelling preseason. Delist DJ, Vesz, Hill, Panos, Grant, Skinner and Markovic whilst they are at it.

Positives.
Talia and Roughead at home in key defensive posts.
Clay Smith, Easton Wood hungry.
Higgins finishing the year well.
Cooney looking good.

Negatives.
We let Rich run free far too often.
Losing contested possessions by one of our largest margins probably.
Ball movement stagnant, not enough effort to provide options.

Might add more if I think of any.

As long as we dont go down the Melbourne road and end up like them. It will be a fragile time over the next season or two

Maybe after 50 games someone at the club will realise J Grant isnt going to be a key forward and isnt going to become a powerful build.Please dont play him as a key forward again.

As long as we dont go down the Melbourne road and end up like them. It will be a fragile time over the next season or two

Yep they destroyed the youth by cleaning out the older players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that irks me is the effort in the second half of the year. In the first half of the year even when terrible we were chasing and having a genuine crack, since the first time Brisbane flogged us we have given up far to easily

Year is over, and it's been painful. Talk about the game in here.
Fish rot from the top.Only got about 4 players who would make the grade at any other club. Are limited in how many we delist. Anyone else see the banner announcing the death of the WBFC on Fox. l think it was in the first quarter,they even commented on it.

The thing that irks me is the effort in the second half of the year. In the first half of the year even when terrible we were chasing and having a genuine crack, since the first time Brisbane flogged us we have given up far to easily

Did seem like two different teams out there

Anyone else see the banner announcing the death of the WBFC on Fox. l think it was in the first quarter,they even commented on it.

ripfootscraysign.jpg

You guys didn't do to bad, it was looking to be a 100 point flogging untill you faught back and you guys played a better last quarter :) cheer up

You guys didn't do to bad, it was looking to be a 100 point flogging untill you faught back and you guys played a better last quarter :) cheer up
Cheers mate, congrats on the win. You've got a great future midfield on your hands there.

I am so scared the club won't cut the right players. We can turn this all around in 3-4
seasons if we draft well , delist well and maybe a trade including grant.

All I will say is that I ran alongside young kids this morning that showed more determination than a number of players out there. That and obviously the midfielders and (save for a sole Addison chase in the 3rd term) attack think that defence is something horses jump and die over at Warrnambool to get the animal activists up in arms.

Cheers mate, congrats on the win. You've got a great future midfield on your hands there.

Thanks :) after years of building we finally have a team to go forward :) you guys are just in a rebuilding period, kinda like how we were in 2010-2011, it will take a year or 2 but you will be back in the finals.

I have a soft spot for the bulldogs because it's my grandads fav team and i was born near footscray :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back