Roast Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post it here captain blood 17 as I am banned from the membership thread due to a select bunch of whingers.
I hope we do break the membership barrier of last year, God forbid, imagine if we don't.
Hate to see the obsession turn to depression.

Gotta laugh though, about the sixth thread I've been banned from. Gotta love these mods, they let one poster in particular go 'open slather' on me with all sorts of derogatory remarks and even allowed him to post homophobic slurs in the AFL Women's thread and left it there for two or more weeks.
What a joke! No doubt suspension is next for me, while the usual suspects bait and attack people and nothing is said.
Pathetic effort.

I'll post it here captain blood 17 as I am banned from the membership thread due to a select bunch of whingers.
I hope we do break the membership barrier of last year, God forbid, imagine if we don't.
Hate to see the obsession turn to depression.

Gotta laugh though, about the sixth thread I've been banned from. Gotta love these mods, they let one poster in particular go 'open slather' on me with all sorts of derogatory remarks and even allowed him to post homophobic slurs in the AFL Women's thread and left it there for two or more weeks.
What a joke! No doubt suspension is next for me, while the usual suspects bait and attack people and nothing is said.
The membership thread tells me nothing on how the memberships are made up of ie. 3 dayers ,Trent's or Brandos cubs,15 dayers,Rioli club etc etc
I don't think The club specifies in its financial statement the money collected from memberships.The other thing is we had over 72k members last year and still ran at a loss .i thought revenue collected from memberships would be a better bragging tool???

The membership thread tells me nothing on how the memberships are made up of ie. 3 dayers ,Trent's or Brandos cubs,15 dayers,Rioli club etc etc
I don't think The club specifies in its financial statement the money collected from memberships.The other thing is we had over 72k members last year and still ran at a loss .i thought revenue collected from memberships would be a better bragging tool???

Exactly mate, but doesn't stop some from eternally salivating over us having XX number more than Essendon, or whoever, or selling 167 in a single day. It's comical that some adopt such obsessive compulsive behaviour.

Exactly mate, but doesn't stop some from eternally salivating over us having XX number more than Essendon, or whoever, or selling 167 in a single day. It's comical that some adopt such obsessive compulsive behaviour.
Meaningless big numbers appeal to closed minds. I remember a few years back some Gold Coast based club was bragging that they had over 30.000 members and when they looked into it it was found you could buy it cheaper than an ice cream.I'm not saying we're that hysterical,but unless the true facts are known about its make up, it's just another penis playing exercise.

Last edited:
Meaningless big numbers appeal to closed minds. I remember a few years some Gold Coast based club was bragging that they had over 30.000 members and when they looked into it it was found you could buy it cheaper than an ice cream.I'm not saying we're that hysterical,but unless the true facts are known about its make up, it's just another penis playing exercise.
Like imagine waking up every morning and having to rush to the PC and click on the Tigers' website to get the figures and re-post them, all before anyone else got a chance to do it so as not to have one's day ruined. Ohhh the horror!

Why let it upset you? MT likes to report membership numbers, whats so bad aboit that? No need to hate for hate sake imo

Last edited:
Meaningless big numbers appeal to closed minds. I remember a few years some Gold Coast based club was bragging that they had over 30.000 members and when they looked into it it was found you could buy it cheaper than an ice cream.I'm not saying we're that hysterical,but unless the true facts are known about its make up, it's just another penis playing exercise.

Lol do you never deal with facts?

Ok tell me with facts why we ran at a loss last year. Now use facts. Also to penis playing, we all bow to your experience in that area

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not dressing anything, you are by drawing a line only where it suits your argument. 81 instead of 80 lol. My point is this, yes we have had a long drought but ask saints fans, success is not defined about playing in grandfinals but winning them! On that score, as from MODERN history, we are not the worse performed side...you just cant admit it.

So who is dressing what up ? :p
Agree on the arbitrary year thing, but I would much rather have had St Kilda's history over the last 30 years. 4 good teams having a concerted push deep into the finals on multiple years.
I don't subscribe to the only satisfaction is a premiership. Supporting a hard, talented team that delivers most weeks is what I'm after. From there its a chance for top 4 and a serious tilt at a flag. We've had that for maybe 5 years in 35
Pretty depressing.

It's normal for Gen Y to think they deserve everything in life.

Harden up a bit and when we do win it will be great because you can look people in the eye and tell them that at least you you were there when we were s**t.

Or you can go support Footscray. Like you were going to last year.
It's the vent thread

He can have his fun and get his jollies ... why he wants to and obsesses over them I don't know ... good luck to him. But I protest the mods 'one set of rules for one poster, but a totally other set of rules for another'. I am not allowed to mock his pedantic number crunching, but okay for him in a half dozen threads to accuse me of alcoholism and early morning drinking? Then to pen a blatant sexist and homophobic post about women's football that lays there for all to see for two and a half weeks just makes me cringe and ask the question. I was banned from a thread the other day for allegedly derailing it, but trawling
through any number of threads here and see how many have been derailed and by the same suspects, who are never questioned. Yet some get routinely banned from threads? What relevance does me drinking have to a membership thread, so why is MT not banned?
The question has to be asked!
It's a pedantic argument, but I don't set the pedantic rules that govern this thread and only apply to a few.
Of course, as per usual, no mod will have the decency to respond but probably reach for a ban.

pm a mod instead of making it public bro. Talking moderation is against the rules. Bro i value your input so protect yourself by deleting your post and pm a mod about your concerns

pm a mod instead of making it public bro. Talking moderation is against the rules. Bro i value your input so protect yourself by deleting your post and pm a mod about your concerns
Deleted .. but therein lies the problem if moderation can't be discussed as it lacks transparency and there appears favourtism.. Enough said!

He can have his fun and get his jollies ... why he wants to and obsesses over them I don't know ... good luck to him. But I protest the mods 'one set of rules for one poster, but a totally other set of rules for another'. I am not allowed to mock his pedantic number crunching, but okay for him in a half dozen threads to accuse me of alcoholism and early morning drinking? Then to pen a blatant sexist and homophobic post about women's football that lays there for all to see for two and a half weeks just makes me cringe and ask the question. I was banned from a thread the other day for allegedly derailing it, but trawling
through any number of threads here and see how many have been derailed and by the same suspects, who are never questioned. Yet some get routinely banned from threads? What relevance does me drinking have to a membership thread, so why is MT not banned?
The question has to be asked!
It's a pedantic argument, but I don't set the pedantic rules that govern this thread and only apply to a few.
Of course, as per usual, no mod will have the decency to respond but probably reach for a ban.

Have you tried reporting the posts that you find offensive? We are only human and we try to read as much as we can we can't see every single post.

Not about to discuss who is thread banned where, but like I said in the post you liked a little over an hour ago and as T71 just said if you have an issue just pm us we are more than happy to talk it over with you.

Have you tried reporting the posts that you find offensive? We are only human and we try to read as much as we can we can't see every single post.

Not about to discuss who is thread banned where, but like I said in the post you liked a little over an hour ago and as T71 just said if you have an issue just pm us we are more than happy to talk it over with you.
I don't necessarily like dobbing people in .. not my style. But I'll PM you later and details some concerns as obviously people have about yours truly.

Last edited:
I don't necessary like dobbing people in .. not my style. But I'll PM you later and details some concerns as obviously people have about yours truly.

Squeal like a stuck pig:cool::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back