Roast Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KiwiTiger

0ca0bd8589989b54188e56e7fedf7751.jpg

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.

As always, my position in these types of discussions is often in the middle, because there's usually truth to both sides of the arguments that are made, but there is also mis-truths and bias involved as well. I'm sure I'm guilty of it too, it's impossible to be completely unbiased when you're passionate about something, but I try to be as neutral as I can be, and rely on logic, reasoning, and evidence to support claims.

If I can quickly summarize, and perhaps simplify this board's posters into the 2 groups of the "positive posters" and the "negative posters", I think both "sides" make some valid points, and both sides make some s**t arguments that deserve debunking.

My problem with the "positive" side is that sometimes they are blind to criticism of certain players or coaches and are unwilling to accept these criticisms as justified, and lump in genuine and constructive criticism with trolling, and they create a bubble for themselves where everything is perfect. My advice for these people is to open your minds to the possibility that some of the criticisms being made at Hardwick, the club, etc are actually justified and deserved, before simply lumping them in as "trolls" or "Hardwick haters".

My problem with the "negative" side is that sometimes posters who fit this category seem like they're enjoying our failure when it happens, and downplaying our successes when we have them, and they can come across to the untrained eye as having an agenda towards what they want happening, and refuse to acknowledge the good things that the club does, while instead focusing on the same old "we've been s**t for 30 years" or "we haven't won a final since 2001" and delighting when things go poorly, for example when Chris Yarran was forced to retire, rather than showing empathy for the situation Yarran was in, they used it as a platform to attack the club and say "I told you so", rather than feeling gutted that a good player couldn't get on the park for us, or in a lesser sense just not having a sense of humour, and getting their undies in a twist when Hardwick made his Trump joke earlier last week, things of that nature.

My advice for these people is to have some tact, and try to temper your arguments and make them at better times, rather than being insensitive and brash all the time.

Again, I'm making this perfectly clear - both sides have good arguments, and both sides have shitty arguments. Use logic and reasoning to distinguish which is which, and you'll most likely find a healthy balance where you're not a flower sniffer, but you're also not a jaded bitter buzzkill either!

We should keep having our own opinions on things, and I think healthy discussion and debate is important, however I also think it'd be better for this board if we all ultimately united under one banner and one agenda, which is this - we want Richmond to be the best again, and whether it's Hardwick, or another coach that delivers that, we get behind our people while they're here, and support them with passion and excitement regardless of whether we think they will ultimately be successful or not, and making valid criticisms along the way.

How can the viewers score a meal by watching it on TV. They cant taste it FFS. MKR is wankm

*n Richmond. Another lead...another close loss.:rage:

Why allow Sydney to play a +1 after half time when it was clear it wasn't working. When you have a team of short people and a defence that doesn't get beaten...why would you allow Sydney a get out of jail free card by outnumbering our forward line and providing our defence with not much benefit whilst great benefit to theirs! :rage:

Why is Lloyd played up the ground where he is a turnover merchant and completely lost? :rage:

Why does Daniel Rioli have the marking skills of an under 10s player? Why can't he judge the ball in the air and always runs underneath it? :rage:

Why wasn't another midfielder selected to add depth to an already shallow midfield whilst employing 50 midget small forwards? :rage:

****n Richmond. Another lead...another close loss.:rage:

Why allow Sydney to play a +1 after half time when it was clear it wasn't working. When you have a team of short people and a defence that doesn't get beaten...why would you allow Sydney a get out of jail free card by outnumbering our forward line and providing our defence with not much benefit whilst great benefit to theirs! :rage:

Why is Lloyd played up the ground where he is a turnover merchant and completely lost? :rage:

Why does Daniel Rioli have the marking skills of an under 10s player? Why can't he judge the ball in the air and always runs underneath it? :rage:

Why wasn't another midfielder selected to add depth to an already shallow midfield whilst employing 50 midget small forwards? :rage:

I share your pain.
The lack of suitable, let alone quality talls will bite us big time as the season unfolds.
Some of the short people are already showing signs of tiring.

I share your pain.
The lack of suitable, let alone quality talls will bite us big time as the season unfolds.
Some of the short people are already showing signs of tiring.
Rumour has it Vlastin is the key, the answer, dare I say it the second coming. That will appease all issues of the second marking forward. Hardwick has claimed, so shall it be said, so shall it be done.

Rumour has it Vlastin is the key, the answer, dare I say it the second coming. That will appease all issues of the second marking forward. Hardwick has claimed, so shall it be said, so shall it be done.
he's slower than Caddy,but maybe DH is going on the fact he's 10mm taller. Clearly he thinks 10mm is the same as 10cm which would make him a perfect CHF.;)o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back